Mike Stallings

View Mike Stallings' Comments BY TICKER:
  • Things That Could Send Apple Pulling Back To $500 [View article]
    Balanced- Don't tell me to chill when you start your initial comment off with something like "Tread Lightly here" and then imply I either "changed my thesis" or "was trying to save face". Have a little respect for your fellow authors and read the previous works. If you had done so, you would have seen I had predicted a short term pull back (though I expected more) and then expected the stock to climb and continue to climb.

The whole point of the 1st article (this one is the third) was that historically Apple over the last year has had 4 climbs (similar to this one) and has had 4 pullbacks of 12% or more. When I wrote the first article, the stock was at $525 so seeing it hit $500 really was not that much of a stretch and I felt it would happen in the short term. Most stocks (although this one is proving everyone wrong) do not just climb the ladder without giving back something on the way up. Though my theory is looking shaky at this point (I will bow to the Apple empire once it hits $600 if I am wrong) I was buying the puts based on the history of the stock (and most stocks) that a pullback was coming (which in the short term it was)
    Mar 14, 2012. 10:48 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Things That Could Send Apple Pulling Back To $500 [View article]
    Mag- When I first predicted a pullback to $500, it was when the stock was at $525. I felt a short term pullback was coming, based on the history of the stock. If the stock hits $600 before $500, I will take my lumps, I realize it looks much less likely than it did a few weeks ago when I wrote the article, but we will see.
    Mar 14, 2012. 10:05 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Things That Could Send Apple Pulling Back To $500 [View article]
    I did. I sold Tuesday the 6th, less than a week after I got in.

Shine up your safety patrol badge, it looks a little dusty
    Mar 14, 2012. 10:02 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Things That Could Send Apple Pulling Back To $500 [View article]
    MAtt- Exactly the price was around $525 range which would have been a % drop . Things have changed from that point
    Mar 14, 2012. 10:00 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Things That Could Send Apple Pulling Back To $500 [View article]
    Balanced.. "Tread LIghtly here"- Or what? When were you promoted to the king of the safety patrol?

You are incorrect in most of your points, and frankly I find it a bit insulting of you attempting to insinuate there is something "fishy" going on here. And you know the old sang about people with opinions.

But since you have your safety patrol badge on, I will provide my note for being in the hallway after the bell has rung. I will reply for my readers not because you feel the need for me to justify my actions.

I believe in the long term potential of Apple (as I have stated multiple times throughout my articles) just feel a short term pullback is coming. I have been stating this in every article I have written on the subject the past 2-3 weeks.

I wrote my first article on this subject around the end of February, the price of Apple was in the $525 range. I had taken my profits on the SHARES I owned at that point. I purchased Puts on March 2nd (stock was up to $545 area) which I disclosed in my next article published on the 6th. Things had changed since the time of writing the initial article, and because I liked the ROI (stock was down more like 3.5% not the 1-2% drop you mention incorrectly) I could get on the puts, yes I did sell off 90% which gave me a nice return and a free ride on the remaining. At this point, because of the timing (expiration) and price needed by that time, no I did not nor at this time will I add additional puts to this position. I have made my money on the transaction, I am not greedy. I may initiate purchases in the near future, however I will need to obviously look at a different expiration.

The point is, this is a strategy I have employed time and time again with different stocks. I have written about it in countless articles. If you don't want to believe it, then look at the articles. It is out there in print. Just because I am not acting greedy enough for your liking, does not mean something is "fishy". I hope my readers can now understand what you are attempted to paint as something unethical, is in fact 100% ethical and a nice strategy. I am in this game to make money, I don't trade to hit home runs at the plate every time at bat. Give me a double digit ROI in the short term every time and I am happy. If any of my readers have questions, feel free to ask them
    Mar 14, 2012. 09:59 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Things That Could Send Apple Pulling Back To $500 [View article]
    Hopefully Baer you socked some of that away somewhere else... before the you know what hit the fan
    Mar 14, 2012. 12:38 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Things That Could Send Apple Pulling Back To $500 [View article]
    Thank you for the lesson I will make sure its (HA HA) in my next article
    Mar 13, 2012. 11:31 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Things That Could Send Apple Pulling Back To $500 [View article]
    Livingstone. Thanks for being objective. Although 363 may be pushing it, a pullback is certainly possible
    Mar 13, 2012. 10:47 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Things That Could Send Apple Pulling Back To $500 [View article]
    Bali- I agre long term it hittin 700 and beyond but how are u basing the 550? Where is that coming from?
    Mar 13, 2012. 06:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Things That Could Send Apple Pulling Back To $500 [View article]
    Skippy- yes on Microsoft. Only because corporations are so used to it
    Mar 13, 2012. 06:20 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Things That Could Send Apple Pulling Back To $500 [View article]
    Duel- Have to admit the prediction is not looking good for $500, though we will see. I did make some $$ on the slight pullback last week, glad I took the money and ran then!
    Mar 13, 2012. 04:41 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Things That Could Send Apple Pulling Back To $500 [View article]
    Retired- as you should always go with your gut. I try and listen to all points of view and decide from there
    Mar 13, 2012. 02:47 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Things That Could Send Apple Pulling Back To $500 [View article]
    Bab- congrats, I initially made the prediction when the stock was in the 530 range, buti still believe it could pullback to 500. I will stick with my prediction because I said what. Felt and what the data told me. As for you, you are in a great spot, check out the covered call strategies I wrote about in the previous article, you could use your stake to make even money if you want!
    Mar 13, 2012. 02:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Things That Could Send Apple Pulling Back To $500 [View article]
    Jon- I said the tablet would have to be as user friendly as the iPad NOT just include Microsoft products. In corporate America Microsoft has a huge chunk of the market, so from a business sense ( which is primarily why I got my iPad) it would be important to me and others to have that available as well as be as user friendly as.the iPad is
    Mar 13, 2012. 01:37 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Things That Could Send Apple Pulling Back To $500 [View article]
    Poco- thanks and yes the competition right now does include those windows and as you mention do not measure p to the iPad in terms of being user friendly.
    Mar 13, 2012. 01:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment