Mike Stallings

View Mike Stallings' Comments BY TICKER:
  • Sirius XM: Squeezing The Shorts And Targeting $2.20 [View article]
    Yes silk but will give liberty the opportunity to gain control of the company should Sirius buy shares back as since they hold preferred stock, their position can only grow stronger. That is why I would rather see a dividend first before that. But paying down their debt I see is the best option right now
    Jan 8, 2012. 11:24 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Squeezing The Shorts And Targeting $2.20 [View article]
    Cameron,

AS you know I own a fairly substantial (in my mind) position in this stock and have been fighting the bashers (i.e. Rocco) over the last 6 months on it. Few points I wanted to make on your (once again) excellent, informative article that may not have been touched on:

1) I have a slight doubt/worry about the subs final number (and how we got there). I do know some (hopefully not) many of these are from promos, 3 month free trials etc but I believe if that is the case, Mel is hoping for some good financial numbers to present for YR end report to offset any bad news we may here about just how many of these are of that variety. I believe he is hoping for a bigger growth in EBITDA than projected due to Lynx and hopefully the increase in the Latino market due to its release.

2) I agree with some of the previous comments regarding the share buyback. I do not see how this helps SIRI as it will increase Liberty's position making it easier for them to gain control of the company. What I would like to see is them pay down as much debt as they can, and also issue a small (maybe .01 or .02) dividend before they consider a buyback. By lowering their debt, their future EBITDA will look much rosier, probably around the time their NOLs begin to run out (I know 4-5 years down the road) AND more importantly when they may need another capital expense (satellites etc). They will then be able to manage their debt at more favorable terms

3) Predictions.. If their conference call meets (or exceeds) projections, I expect between the pre run-up and from the good news this stock to pop $2.75-3.00 no later than mid March. Weeding out the shorts will begin to help with that (less resistance) and potentially with 1-2 more solid quarters in a row (exceeding expectations on both) press the $4 barrier in time for XMAS. Owning the stock outright, and holding $2.50 Jan 13 calls, this would be wonderful news for me!

Let me know your thoughts, stay strong SIRI NATION!
    Jan 7, 2012. 02:04 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Take Note Of A 2012 Prediction Already Taking Shape [View article]
    SIRI BEATS EXPECTATIONS (told you so Rocco)

However you state:

"That said, I would like to know how they got there. It would be interesting to know about retention efforts, trials, promos, etc."

How about the new platform selling out? DId they give those away as well? Wait till the numbers are released and we see if they meet or more than likely EXCEED those $$ as well!

Even in defeat you cannot be humble, you cannot just let it go you were wrong. SIRI should pop over $2 by the end of the month, $2.50 by end of QTR1 and $3-$3.50 by end of the year.

And you have the nerve to call us SIRI investors "cult members" and "conspiracy theorists"??? What are YOU doing above with your comment,??? Who is paranoid now???
    Jan 4, 2012. 10:51 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Last Place I Want To Invest During 2012 [View article]
    I agree Apple is in a strong position, however how many other companies (except for your natural resources Exxon etc) can you name that NEVER discount or throw you a freebie here and then?
    Dec 29, 2011. 01:54 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Last Place I Want To Invest During 2012 [View article]
    Couldn't get through the last few days of 2011 without BASHING Siri huh Rocco? Not every company can be Apple and not have to worry about discounting products to increase sales. It happens with 99% of the companies out there. Just because Sirius and Netflix do it, does not mean they are bad companies. Or poorly run companies. Have you ever run a company? Have you ever been in sales (I have done both successfully)? In many instances, it is required to lower your price or offer a freebie to get the sale, the bid etc etc.. It is part of the business model of MANY companies out there, you bashing SIRI for their "freebies" and promos..

Frankly, I AM GLAD the customer service rep didn't let you get another promo out of him! It shows good sense, he gave you 2 months free, if you were not ready to start paying for it, you never would! Great instinct by him, there is always a time to "cut bait"

Enjoy your New YEar Rocco, as a SIRI holder of options and shares, I know I will!
    Dec 29, 2011. 01:28 PM | 8 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 7 Stocks Under $6 Destined To Double In 2012 [View article]
    If the title of your article is correct (6 stocks posed to double in 2012) than why would you take the profits on SIRI at 2.35 and run? It doubling would put it in the $3.50-$3.75 range?
    Dec 14, 2011. 01:06 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM Sells Howard Stern And Shareholders Short [View article]
    What did you expect, 18-34 year olds to pay for satellite? It is a different world, that age class goes for the free play (I am 35 so pretty close to my bracket) where the 35 and older crowd (ones usually with the bucks) will pay for the premium content
    Dec 14, 2011. 01:03 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 6 Stocks, 3 Acquisitions That Could Make Sense In 2012, Part 1 [View article]
    I cannot believe I am doing this, I have to agree IF (big if) the stock can be had at a reasonable price. The question that also needs to be asked is just how many of Pandoras current subs would be willing to flip to the commercial free version currently in place? I think that would have to be in the milllions in order to make this worth the cost of this overpriced (Pandora) stock. They would gain revenue from the ones who do not switch (assuming they keep Pandoras model in place) but my worry would be how many subs would simply do nothing and receive their free songs? If that is the case (I do not believe in the Pandora model all that much) than this deal would not make sense
    Dec 12, 2011. 02:25 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM Updates Apple Apps With Satellite Radio 2.0 [View article]
    Perfectly said, they are also in position for big gains in the next 3-6 months, especially when they exceed expectations (again) for FY2011. I see them reaching the $2 shortly (probably 45-60 days) and then who knows?? The stock just needs to breach that resistance point of 1.75-1.85 it seems to keep getting stuck on.

Frankly it is the most cost effective option out there (meaning the internet streaming) that does not include the commercials. Even though you mention that there is no "save" option for songs you dislike, because they have so many channels (hence options) a simple switch and you can be rid of the unwanted song or content just as fast.
    Dec 12, 2011. 02:20 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Stocks To Spend $5,000 (Or Less) On [View article]
    Exactly Don P, If SIRI tripled tomorrow, Rocco would find the negative in that..
    Dec 9, 2011. 08:08 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 9 Stocks Making Headlines This Week That Are Poised To Move In 2012 [View article]
    100% behind you on the Cramer deal.... Stock could be at .50, rise to .55 over a few days and you would see an article about "selling it against the grain"... Does he get a royalty for every article that has that title in it? And does it double if SIRI is on the upswing?
    Dec 4, 2011. 08:26 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM's Mel Karmazin Turns The Screws On Liberty Media [View article]
    Have to give you some credit, at least you aren't FULLY slanted in this article, you bring up a decent point. However, I do not believe Mel is going anywhere anytime soon, even if Liberty does buyout SIRI, they would be silly not to keep him at the helm. And even if he does leave, the chances of him pulling Stern with him before his contract is up would be even slimmer. As mentioned earlier, he wants to set his own hours and wants a forum to say and do whatever he needs to
    Nov 30, 2011. 07:58 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Taking Investors For A Roller Coaster Ride [View article]
    Another good article, also do not forget that Sirius is Outperforming the SP and Dow for the year, how many stocks out there can say that?
    Nov 23, 2011. 01:41 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Is A Sirius Takeover By Liberty In The Making? [View article]
    Cn,

Great point, and if SIRI fights it tooth and nail, I would imagine it would mean only good things for us shareholders!
    Nov 21, 2011. 07:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is A Sirius Takeover By Liberty In The Making? [View article]
    Crunch,

I hold a big stake in $2.50 Jan 13 options on SIRI, if the takeover would happen tomorrow any advice? I have never held options when a takeover has occured LOL thanks
    Nov 21, 2011. 06:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment