Mike Stallings

View Mike Stallings' Comments BY TICKER:
  • Responding To A Hopeless Case Of Sirius XM Bullishness [View article]
    NO Rocco YOU bring up the 12 year olds.. Even your co-contributors are bashing how silly your articles are
    Oct 26, 2011. 07:47 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM 2.0 Can Really Take Off From Here [View article]
    As a bull, I read quite a few of the articles on this site regarding SIRI, one point that is not brought up enough. With all of these car dealerships providing SIRI in the vechicles, noone mentions another simple fact. The cars have a subscription that the customer does not pay for (until they have to renew) BUT the car salesmen/dealers ALSO have a vested interest in having the radio activated after the trial. So what does this mean? Not only do you have a product already in their vechicle that they have gotten used to and may or may not continue using at the end of the trial but also another person pushing to have it renewed (they can even do it on day one if they want) because they have a financial interest in the customer doing so as well!
    Oct 26, 2011. 07:38 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • A Serious Response To A Sirius Bear [View article]
    As a longtime bull of SIRI (since the nickel days) I have constantly rebuffed Rocco the bear and caught him in my bear trap on many occasions.. His charts are illogical, he is never positive about any good news regarding the stock, you would think he has every last penny of his in Serious Puts.. Great article, all of the points you bring up make me want to continue to buy more of this stock, though you forgot a good one.. the tax writeoffs, years and years of them to increase the FCF even more!
    Oct 25, 2011. 03:29 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Responding To A Hopeless Case Of Sirius XM Bullishness [View article]
    Yes "in radio" not for a subscription satellite radio though I bet... This is a pay service. It is like asking how many 12 year olds have the NFL ticket. Being a dad I know teenagers can drive you nuts and "make" you get these things but I for one will not get unless it makes sense to me. Pandora is something that won't cost parents a dime which is fine but it is like getting your kit a Pinto with the bubble wrap advertising on the side instead of the brand new Mercedes. It is a different market, the folks who CAN afford the $15 a month will get it, the ones who can't it is not the end of the world. As I mentioned sirius doesn't need a majority (or even close to it) to but into their model in order to succeed. At least you make some decent thought out points Spencer, so we can agree to disagree
    Oct 24, 2011. 04:36 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Responding To A Hopeless Case Of Sirius XM Bullishness [View article]
    Spencer,

I have been following Rocco's articles for a long time. (Rocco you can thank me later for the attention myself and other believers in SIRI bring to you)

Many of us DO know there is downside, yet what Rocco fails to (ever) mention is that EVERY stock out there has some type of downside.

I am not certain you read every one of his articles, but at least to me it seems whenever SIRI has good news come out, or the stock goes up a few points (like today) Rocco seems to be grasping at straws. I mean come on, you think that graph on what 12 year olds listen to has ANYTHING to do with SIRI?
    Oct 24, 2011. 03:38 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Responding To A Hopeless Case Of Sirius XM Bullishness [View article]
    If you are rougher on NFLX and RIMM than how come every article has SIRI in the title followed by a negative comment?????
    Oct 24, 2011. 03:07 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Responding To A Hopeless Case Of Sirius XM Bullishness [View article]
    Saw the article, knew before I even you opened.. Let's start with our custom opening for your articles (if you can call them that)

BLAH BLAH BLAH

Are you that desperate to save your position (phantom or not) in SIRI puts that you would go to these measures?

First off, comparing a PAY product like SIRI to a FREE product like tv (see your chart on it above) is either just dumb or irresponsible. SIRI is a PAY FOR product and people buy it because they can get something they cannot get somewhere else. Just like when folks PAY FOR Hbo, Showtime etc etc. They BUY it for the content. So comparing the usage of this product to basic tv and basic radio is flat out STUPID! Sirius DOES NOT need 90%, or half or even 20% of the population to buy it's product and use it's service to be successful. 20M + subscribers (one of the highest numbers out there) SHOW that there is interest in it. WHY? Because of CONTENT.

Secondly you need to get off your broken horse on this Pandora thing or any other internet device. Siri provides a one button and you are in device that allows a user endless time of entertainment THEY WANT (see point on content). With the so called competition you need to fiddle with your phone or laptop and you may or may not get commercials (another thing you don't get with sirius) and still may have to pay for something that is NOWHERE NEAR the same in content and ease of use.

Third I LOVE your breakdown of devices used by people 12 and over. HOW MISLEADING CAN YOU BE?? How many of that 24% that use Pandora Kids? 75% maybe? Are you kidding me? Can you TRY and be objective WOW. OF COURSE kids and young adults will use Pandora over siri because of the cost. 12 year olds ARE NOT this stock's target market.

I'm going to use the below quote every time I respond now, cause you just don't get it (from Gordon the Great again take 2)

"You stop telling lies about me (SIRI) and I will stop telling the truth about you" (and your BS articles!)
    Oct 24, 2011. 02:19 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Preliminary October Car Sales A Mixed Bag For Sirius XM [View article]
    Overall I think this is a great informed article but remember that because of the new contracts Sirius has in the used car market as well, these numbers (though still important) are not as heavily weighted assuming the used car market does well. It is an important step for SIRI to penetrate the used market as well so they are not as reliant on the new car sales.
    Oct 21, 2011. 02:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • $10,000 Portfolio Update: Buy, Hold Or Sell Apple? [View article]
    After much enjoyed silence from you regarding Sirius, here you come after staying virtually silent as this stock grew almost 15% since your last blog.

Who cares if the stock didn't react about 2.0? It has been known for months now that it was coming out so why should there be a huge swing in the price because of it? There is nothing negative about that happening, what will be negative is if the 4th quarter (yes I said 4th not 3rd) do not meet expectations because that will mean that 2.0 is not selling as it should.

With regards to your "chart" it is once again spreading the wrong type of information. You are basing it on a 3 month period vs Nasdaq NOT YTD? Wouldn't a fair and unbiased chart be one that shows sirius performance vs Nasdaq, SP and the DOW YTD? Why didn't you show that one? BECAUSE it would show SIRI has outperformed ALL THREE of them and lend no credence to your (once again) slanted article that is meant to cover you! Here are some real numbers for everyone to view which shows this stock is OUTPERFORMING even on a bad day for it today!

YTD
    Index 1/4/11 10/19/11 +/-
    DJIA 11691 11504 -187 points
    NASD 2652 2604 - 48 points
    SP 1270 1209 - 61 points
    SIRI $1.67 $1.72 UP .05 +3%

I know you like to bash this stock so I will leave with this comment from the famous Gordon Gecko: "You stop telling lies about me (SIRI) and I will stop telling the truth about you"!
    Oct 19, 2011. 04:40 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM Bulls Just Getting Started [View article]
    Lots of reasonable comments here, I am bull on sirius and have a substantial stake in the company (well in my eyes anyhow)

I like the points about the quick 15 second commercials every 10-20 min (they do kinda do that now anyhow) down the road as a change to the model.

I also liked the point about the buyback and possible dividend though I do not see them doing that in the near future, I think Mel will pay down some debt first.

What news of Liberty and their intentions? Anyone else kicking Sirius tires? Takeover would jack this stock up $1 to $2 easy I think?
    Oct 17, 2011. 01:16 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM 2.0: Game-Changer Or Another Reason To Run Away? [View article]
    My name is Mike Stallings I am hiding behind nothing for the record.

I own about 5,000 shares of SIRI outright, in which I have sold $3 options on on various call dates all expiring in 2012. I also own 150 options (now after I bought more) of Jan 2013 2.50 calls. So if the stock runs I make about a 125% return on the shares (if they are called) plus the premium I picked up for selling them and will make a killing on the options I do own.

My cards are now on the table, who is to say Rocco is even your real name though?
    Oct 14, 2011. 11:58 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM 2.0: Game-Changer Or Another Reason To Run Away? [View article]
    There is no reason to be bashing this stock, they have had a nice run the last week or so and got MORE good news today on the auto industry.

For you to discount that, and to also discount 2.0 is silly. Tell me exactly who out there has a product similar to 2.0 or better? From hearing the features we have heard about (does not mean there won't be MORE) it once again puts sirius to provide a platform that cannot be matched by any of the so called competetion.

I find it funny (as usual) when you fire out the bearish comments, and especially the timing of them, always when the stock is on a run. I told you 2 weeks ago that the $1.48 price provided a nice opportunity to pick up more shares on the cheap, should have followed someone's advice that can remain objective and speaks the facts!
    Oct 14, 2011. 09:56 AM | 10 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Growth Story Underlies Bull Case For Pandora, Bear Case For Sirius [View article]
    Dont worry Rocco, we all love ripping your articles so you can be the #1 viewer.. Your put purchases on SIRI will tank your 10K portfolio

Good luck we will keep ripping!
    Oct 12, 2011. 12:34 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • RIM, Sirius, BofA And Level 3: Catching Falling Knives [View article]
    I do appreciate the fact you hope I make money, I hope you do as well, it's why we are in the game we are in!

However your chart shows SIRI is pretty much in line with the S and P and Dow over this year so I am not sure where you see a major difference in the results? The only major difference I see is when sirius had its run earlier this year (May through August) when it outperformed those 2?
    Oct 6, 2011. 03:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • RIM, Sirius, BofA And Level 3: Catching Falling Knives [View article]
    Um no I choose to ignore that the stock has dropped with no valid reason, no bad report, only positives over the last few months. That to me does not = a panic (rookies do that) but a buying opportunity to add to my position which I am doing as we speak the last few days.. I am holding and adding to $2.50 Jan 2013 calls so we can chat more and see if I am right or wrong
    Oct 6, 2011. 02:20 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment