Mike Stallings

View Mike Stallings' Comments BY TICKER:
  • Market Rally: Why You Should Be Worried [View article]
    I wish you luck as well.. however I would book the gains you have gotten on those stocks, unless you are in for the long long term.. a pullback is on the horizon
    Jan 28 03:59 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Market Rally: Why You Should Be Worried [View article]
    Let me preface this that I did not vote for either Romney or Obama this past election so I have no dog in the fight as to who I favor cause I voted for neither candidate. All I know is this, and it is not dribble: FACT: Our total debt has nearly doubled since Obama became president (not all his fault but he is the commander in chief, the buck stops with him). FACT: LIke many other previous politicians, Obama has told some serious fibs, for example how no person making under 250K a year would pay more taxes, yet (right after he is re-elected) our taxes are increasing. FACT: The amount of people requiring food stamps has increased 65% since he took office in 2008 (Jan 2009). NEVER has there been an increase of that magnitude so fast in 70 years. FACT: There are NOT enough new jobs for Americans (as he promised) FACT: this article is not about food stamps, I was simply making a point, it is about the health of our nation which is deteriorating rapidly on his watch...So you and O-BLAMO need to stop trying to defend the policies because the only "CHANGE" I have seen on his watch is for the worse..
    Jan 28 03:14 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    WOW some recession Take.. Scooter dead on

in 2000 17 Million used stamps
    in 2008 29 million used stamps
    in 2009 34 million used stamps
    in 2010 40 million used stamps
    As of May 2011 45.5 million used stamps

Didn't realize the recession was still on and even still we have had recessions before, did the country ever triple its people receiving this aid? I think not
    Jan 28 02:11 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Market Rally: Why You Should Be Worried [View article]
    Speaking of buying votes,just saw tonight that Illinois just became the 4th state (HUH) to allow illegal (as in lawbreaking) immigrants to get driver licenses? I'm sorry but were the Mayans off by a year maybe? What is this country coming to?
    Jan 28 01:07 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Market Rally: Why You Should Be Worried [View article]
    Diva- The editors have the information to correct the wrong data hopefully they do it soon, been ahwile since I sent
    Jan 27 11:48 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Market Rally: Why You Should Be Worried [View article]
    AS- good points the household example was a layman's example for all to see.. My concern is the overspending not the spending. I do expect an issuer of currency (as you said) and country as large and complex as ours to carry debt and service it. It has been this way for decades upon decades but the problem is if not somewhat kept in check it will consume us. Look at our history the past 100 years. If you pull up a chart, you will see we always had a little bit of debt but the last 20-30 years (not to bash our president its not only his fault but especially the last 3-5 years) the debt has skyrocketed. It cannot continue or our entire financial system will crash!
    Jan 27 11:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Dell Has More Short Term Upside Than Apple [View article]
    HEY NN

Had to show you a 6 month update on this....

DELL Up 11% from $11.84 to $13.16

APPL DOWN 23% from $570 to $440

You still don't think the article was correct?
    Jan 27 11:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • S&P And Brent Breakouts Signal Inflation-Driven Rally [View article]
    Tom- Very informative, I like the breakdown and the charts and agree to a point regarding the SP.. I see it back to 1425-1450 before 1550 and then (pending this debt ceiling) the chips will land hopefully back on track.

Fish- I agree although things for my personally are much better than they were a few years ago, I believe that is a combination of my hard work and frankly a little bit of luck. Many folks out there are struggling, I do not believe this rally will last as well. I wrote an article on it over the weekend, I see a pullback coming.

Jan 27 10:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Market Rally: Why You Should Be Worried [View article]
    Tact- I like to call him O-BLAMO but the fact is he is looking for more blank checks.. sure Bush spent more at a time when we needed to heighten security (since 2001) and I believe he should get some of the blame as well but Obama has been in office for 5 years now, time to act like a responsible leader and get the sides to agree.. Maybe even push Senate to pass a budget maybe?
    Jan 27 10:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Market Rally: Why You Should Be Worried [View article]
    TZ- Do you feel comfortable knowing that a rival who has military aspirations such as China owns most of our debt?
    Jan 27 10:12 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Market Rally: Why You Should Be Worried [View article]
    Knogen for the 800 billion which stimulus do you speak of? The bailout to the banks? if so, that money was meant to get credit lines flowing again mainly for individuals. It was not meant for employment.. And the banks did not use it to lend out, they pocketed it and repaid later.. some plan
    Jan 27 10:09 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Market Rally: Why You Should Be Worried [View article]
    Take- exactly we as a country have been doing more spending with no plan on how to pay for it. over and over again.. insanity
    Jan 27 10:07 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Market Rally: Why You Should Be Worried [View article]
    I agree on the prices, it is like property taxes, you never see them reduced to yours or my pockets. But if we can stop relying on foreign oil where we are held hostage buy 3rd world countries (which also should stop the military action in such countries i.e. Iraq) we as a country will be better for it.
    Jan 27 02:44 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Market Rally: Why You Should Be Worried [View article]
    Flash- Sounds great in theory but where exactly are you getting the funding to pay for these great alternatives? Or are you saying let's go further into debt in the HOPES that these come to fruition and solve our energy problems? I am not saying alternative energy is the wave of the future, but we need a surplus of oil to cover our own demands and more. Then if the oil DOES go to $250 a barrel (as you mention) doesn't that help us as a country given we are not importing but exporting it?
    Jan 27 02:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Market Rally: Why You Should Be Worried [View article]
    Flash- Although oil/gas is not an infinite resource, it is our most cost effective resource (drilling our own) and solution at the time. A means to an end. We DO need other alternatives down the road, but until they are available (and more importantly cost effective) they need to be option 2.
    Jan 27 02:00 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment