Mike Stallings

View Mike Stallings' Comments BY TICKER:
  • Why Apple Will Continue To Climb [View article]
    Adrian- Thanks for commenting 2 weeks after I wrote this.

What exactly are you saying? I stated the fact that Samsung held the lead in market share and my reply was "so what?" So what are you upset about, I was pro Apple and the chart was showing that Apple still increased their units sold YOY..
    Feb 26, 2013. 08:58 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple: Market Share Is Key [View article]
    Glenn

Things are changing in all aspects of our lives... Ford had the first car 100 years ago, how many car companies are there now?

You are comparing 2 completely different time frames, show me another company out there in the last 5 years that has had a 90% marketshare for more than 2-3 years? Technology today allows companies to catch up faster then ever before.
    Feb 20, 2013. 03:05 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple: Market Share Is Key [View article]
    Glenn. Market share is slipping but demand is skyrocketing

Apple in 2011 sold 66% of all 60M tablets sold
    Apple in 2012 sold 57% of all 102.2M tablets sold

When you have a huge market share, usually no matter what you do, you give some back. As long as they keep shipping more units per year, I have no problem.

Smartphones: agreed Apple has lost SOME market share (wouldn't call it "slipping badly"). Comparing 4th quarter numbers (largest quarter of year) Apple went from 23% market share to 21.8% BUT once again shipped 10M MORE units than the same quarter previous year. More demand = more competition.

See the article I wrote below, explains it all

Feb 20, 2013. 01:59 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple: Market Share Is Key [View article]
    "All I'm saying is that Apple can become the Microsoft of the present -- gain market share dominance"

Glenn- Doesn't Apple selling 58.8 Million tablets last year out of the 102.3 Million Total tablets sold constitute holding a market share? The next closest was Samsung at 10 Million.
    Feb 20, 2013. 01:03 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple: Market Share Is Key [View article]
    App- As an example how your statement is not valid, If you have 95% of the market share on an item that 100,000 units are sold and then the following year your market share decreases to 90% but 150,000 total units are sold where is the negative in that?
    Feb 20, 2013. 10:41 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple: Market Share Is Key [View article]
    I have to say I do not agree with market share being a "Win or Bust" criteria for Apple especially not on a case by case basis. I wrote about it below:

For starters, although Apple gave up market share in both the tablet and smartphone "war" they actually shipped more units last year over the previous year. Tablets = 19 Million more units, Phones almost 10 Million more units in QTR4 2012 vs QTR4 2011. What does this mean? Increased profits. Both criteria are growing so if Apple can keep increasing their units sold (as they have been) market share has little or no bearing on whether they will succeed or not.
    Feb 20, 2013. 09:01 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Apple Will Continue To Climb [View article]
    "Self aggrandizers put Apple in the headline"

Fred- This article did not need Apple in the headline to gain readers. Not to toot my own horn or anything but I worked very hard putting this data together. Went through 3 editorial reviews before I finally got it published. And SA is VERY strict with Apple articles these days and trying to get the published. I understand some authors use titles to draw readers in (which is ok) but only if the title does represent what the article is about. I believe I accomplished that here
    Feb 15, 2013. 06:03 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Apple Will Continue To Climb [View article]
    2 STRAIGHT Declines of Apple, $10 yesterday a buck today.. guess it is time to buy more options who is with me?
    Feb 13, 2013. 05:13 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Apple Will Continue To Climb [View article]
    Wie- Thanks for your words, this article took alot of work. I typically write about SPY, AAPL, SIRI, and occasionally FB and ZYNGA but have been known to branch out on occasion so we will see!
    Feb 13, 2013. 06:59 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Apple Will Continue To Climb [View article]
    Wie- some good points on the pullback and such, but yes shareholders are upset because Apple is sitting on more cash now than at any point in their history (even more than last year this time when they announced the dividend and buyback). That is why you are hearing the grumblings and frankly, rightly so. Apple needs to bring the stock price up into the 500's again via increasing the dividend or a buyback, they have the cash for it just needs to happen
    Feb 13, 2013. 06:39 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Apple Will Continue To Climb [View article]
    Hank

Thanks for the comments. I can tell you for a fact it is very difficult to get an article based on a Apple published. SA is definitely holding authors to a higher standard as they should. Glad you enjoyed the article
    Feb 12, 2013. 12:44 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Apple Will Continue To Climb [View article]
    Cat- very true, the market is known to operate this way. When there is blood in the water the sharks (shorts) come running
    Feb 12, 2013. 08:28 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Apple Will Continue To Climb [View article]
    Top- not increase the market cap but the value of the stock.
    Feb 12, 2013. 08:27 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Apple Will Continue To Climb [View article]
    Cat- I was very against the way Apple rose so fast to $700, I felt a pullback was coming somewhere.. My timing was off (as many of ours is) but the pullback occurred. What makes a good investor is to be able to change your take on a stock depending on numbers, market conditions etc.. As Gordon Gecko says.. "If you need a friend, get a dog" we cannot afford to fall in love with specific stocks or we are destined to eventually fail..
    Feb 11, 2013. 09:00 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Apple Will Continue To Climb [View article]
    Music- Did you get back in now that it is even cheaper?
    Feb 11, 2013. 08:57 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment