Mike Stallings

View Mike Stallings' Comments BY TICKER:
  • Why Apple Will Continue To Climb [View article]
    Wi- I don't think there has been any bashing of companies like Google, though funny you bring them up since I mentioned them in my article. If you notice above, Google is trading at $300 more per share with 1/2 the market cap as Apple, not to mention they have 1/5th the income and a P/E of 24 (double Apples). My point was if Google is worth $780 a share, what should Apple be worth?
    Feb 11, 2013. 06:51 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Apple Will Continue To Climb [View article]
    Thanks Amuggler One thing SA is trying to do is make sure Apple articles are top notch so I hope I accomplished that. So many writers (myself included) try and write articles. Even this one took a few edits to get published. So your words are much appreciated
    Feb 11, 2013. 06:48 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Apple Will Continue To Climb [View article]
    Rich- I was speaking of the last 3-4 years.. since 2009 they have grown double digit every year
    Feb 11, 2013. 06:47 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Apple Will Continue To Climb [View article]
    Eric: I believe you are referring to my Nokia comment.

I understand they have uniformity,but they serve different purposes.. A phone is just a phone.. Apple can give you a phone, a "walkman" (going old school here), a tv, a computer and much more. Nokia can give you only well a cell phone
    Feb 11, 2013. 05:14 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Apple Will Continue To Climb [View article]
    Rob- Nokia can make their phones.. Apple will also make phones and tons of other items to revolutionize today's world.. I choose the innovator as my stock choice at a low price over a one dimensional company
    Feb 11, 2013. 04:17 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Apple Will Continue To Climb [View article]
    Wie- Ever everything is said and done, numbers win out 99/100.. Public perception, rumors all that can swing a price up or down, but the numbers are like the grim reaper and will eventually swing the stock in the right direction. Most numbers on this stock point upwards
    Feb 11, 2013. 04:05 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Apple Will Continue To Climb [View article]
    BT- great points, I too did not like Apple when it shot up to $700.. too much too fast calls for a correction (even for a company like Apple). I even wrote articles on it.. I see a sustained growth from the stock even though I believe overall the market will pullback sometime soon.. Depending on how tomorrow goes (which could be a big 5% upswing if news is good) I see $500 before the end of the month and $525-$550 by late March.
    Feb 11, 2013. 03:53 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Apple Will Continue To Climb [View article]
    css- It is not as much about the market share, the amount of tablets and smartphones bought is growing rapidly (especially tablets) what I like to see is the units shipped number continue to grow year over year double digit (which it has)..
    Feb 11, 2013. 03:44 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    More on Einhorn here

Feb 11, 2013. 03:34 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Apple Will Continue To Climb [View article]
    Travis.. Yes the actual lawsuit focuses on prop 2 (because he wants preferred shares offered with a 4% yield) but his overall theme (and problem with Apple) involves the company's hoarding of cash. See an excerpt from the letter Greenlight sent out to Apple shareholders:

"However, like many other shareholders, Greenlight is dissatisfied with Apple’s capital allocation strategy. The combination of Apple’s low (and shrinking) price to earnings multiple and $137 billion (and growing) hoard of cash on the balance sheet supports Greenlight’s contention that Apple has an obligation to examine all options to create and unlock additional value.

We understand that many of our fellow shareholders share our frustration with Apple’s capital allocation policies. Apple has $145 per share of cash on its balance sheet. As a shareholder, this is your money. Though Apple recently commenced paying a common dividend and initiated a nominal share repurchase program, we believe that there is much more that the Board should do for shareholders."
    Feb 11, 2013. 03:32 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Apple Will Continue To Climb [View article]
    Strozzi- great points, except for the Mr. Stallings, I was looking around the room for my dad when you said that.. Apple is in a class on its own, cannot even categorize what it is...
    Feb 11, 2013. 03:23 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Apple Will Continue To Climb [View article]
    Buck- Great point it is a possibility.. Any thoughts on who you think they could target?
    Feb 11, 2013. 03:05 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Apple Will Continue To Climb [View article]
    Col- Apple does not need to retake the smartphone market share. In fact they gave that up to Samsung and STILL shipped 10M more phones last year than year before. As the smartphone market grows, as long as Apple grows with it they will be fine
    Feb 11, 2013. 02:59 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Apple Will Continue To Climb [View article]
    Not sure how many executives Home Depot has, but they just announced the Blackberrys they did give to them are going to be replaced with iPhones.. Not huge news for Apple but another miss for RIMM, I mean Blackberry :)
    Feb 11, 2013. 02:39 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Col-

Yes Apple does generate about 50% of their earnings from their phone line. Points are well taken, but it is a what if scenario you are speaking of. I was dealing more with what is real today. The stock is cheap (P/E of 11) and this company has the pipeline (see patents) to develop new and wonderful things (like the iwatch maybe?) that can weather the storm if and when the iphone becomes obsolete. We will see
    Feb 11, 2013. 02:33 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment