Mike Stallings

View Mike Stallings' Comments BY TICKER:
  • Why Apple Should (And Could) Buy Sirius [View article]
    Joseph- Rocco and I have had our battles over Sirius since before I became a contributor, we have called for a cease fire (for now) :)
    Feb 16, 2012. 12:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Apple Should (And Could) Buy Sirius [View article]
    Cameron- Thanks for the advice and the comments

Being a Frat Boy myself I hope I make it through hell week!
    Feb 16, 2012. 12:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Apple Should (And Could) Buy Sirius [View article]
    Muoio- AT & T would not get Apple into autos which was the main point of the article.
    Feb 16, 2012. 11:25 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Apple Should (And Could) Buy Sirius [View article]
    SiriDog- Thanks for the comments, I agree anyone grabbing or fighting Liberty to acquire SIRI would be great news for us longs...

Balls- Thanks for the clarification, I thought the $1 Billion assumption was off but again I am not an expert on taxes, but it seems you are so again thanks for the input. I think (again a pipe dream) the only way Apple would be able to pull this off would be to get some (or all) of Liberty's stake
    Feb 16, 2012. 10:23 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    James,

Like I mentioned, this was a long shot at best, but the point just wasn't about the subscribers. It is the fact that IF it did happen, Apple would have a foothold into nearly every car that comes off the lots, both new and used and could develop a platform unlike in any automobile today
    Feb 16, 2012. 09:53 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Apple Should (And Could) Buy Sirius [View article]
    I agree Google could benefit from it as well. But one of my main points on this was that whatever platform for our vechicles that Apple and Sirius could work on together I think would trump anything out there today. And they could charge (as Apple does with the Ipads) almost whatever they wanted for it!
    Feb 16, 2012. 09:21 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Apple Should (And Could) Buy Sirius [View article]
    I do know the product names, I believe the editor tried to sub in something and got it wrong
    Feb 16, 2012. 09:19 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Apple Should (And Could) Buy Sirius [View article]
    Denny- Keep in mind that Stern probably won't be around after his current contract is up, so although a buyout is a pipe dream, a partership with Apple could go a long way to replacing the content
    Feb 15, 2012. 10:08 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Seeking craps-

Thanks for your answer, as I mentioned this was a pipe dream for this to happen. As you know, I mentioned earlier that I was not an expert on takeovers regarding NOLs and I am sure manu who read this article are not either. So please explain for my readers exactly why should this takeover occur, Apple would only save tax on one billion of income instead of the multi-billions Sirius currently has
    Feb 15, 2012. 08:51 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Dr Anthony.

Not all of Sirius content is R (or worse) rated. There are plenty of stations that are G or PG rated for your average listener. Keep in mind as well, if Apple acquires SIRI, they can control that as well maybe with an adult setting on its apple tv boxes, just as your current cable provider offers now.
    Feb 14, 2012. 03:31 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Apple Should (And Could) Buy Sirius [View article]
    Interesting point, could set off the alarms throughout if they did, just wanted to show how financially would be a win win for apple if the did. But it may get scrutinized by Big Brother
    Feb 14, 2012. 02:47 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Apple Should (And Could) Buy Sirius [View article]
    I have a feeling the debt will be changing dramatically. At last look it was 1.8 X EBITDA, but I have a feeling Mel will be paying some of that down very shortly so stay tuned
    Feb 14, 2012. 12:12 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • $10,000 Portfolio Update: Buy, Hold Or Sell Apple? [View article]
    After much enjoyed silence from you regarding Sirius, here you come after staying virtually silent as this stock grew almost 15% since your last blog.

Who cares if the stock didn't react about 2.0? It has been known for months now that it was coming out so why should there be a huge swing in the price because of it? There is nothing negative about that happening, what will be negative is if the 4th quarter (yes I said 4th not 3rd) do not meet expectations because that will mean that 2.0 is not selling as it should.

With regards to your "chart" it is once again spreading the wrong type of information. You are basing it on a 3 month period vs Nasdaq NOT YTD? Wouldn't a fair and unbiased chart be one that shows sirius performance vs Nasdaq, SP and the DOW YTD? Why didn't you show that one? BECAUSE it would show SIRI has outperformed ALL THREE of them and lend no credence to your (once again) slanted article that is meant to cover you! Here are some real numbers for everyone to view which shows this stock is OUTPERFORMING even on a bad day for it today!

YTD
    Index 1/4/11 10/19/11 +/-
    DJIA 11691 11504 -187 points
    NASD 2652 2604 - 48 points
    SP 1270 1209 - 61 points
    SIRI $1.67 $1.72 UP .05 +3%

I know you like to bash this stock so I will leave with this comment from the famous Gordon Gecko: "You stop telling lies about me (SIRI) and I will stop telling the truth about you"!
    Oct 19, 2011. 04:40 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment