Mike Stallings

View Mike Stallings' Comments BY TICKER:
  • Profiting From Apple's Pullback...Again [View article]
    Hey Jake, No I got out around $500 (mistimed by alot)

Yesterday I sold my put options when it was down $4.50 (missed the extra $3 yesterday and the pullback today) could have made double the profit I did

By the way, when did I say I could time the market? All I stated was this stock was looking at a pullback. It has pulled back 10% OR MORE (most cases more) 4 times in the last 12 months. That is a fact, not me timing.
    Jul 11, 2012. 09:16 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Profiting From Apple's Pullback...Again [View article]
    Outsider. Wish I held for longer, cost myself almost 10% more profit.

Apple falling further in after hours, will be interesting tomorrow
    Jul 11, 2012. 05:32 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Profiting From Apple's Pullback...Again [View article]
    Outsider I like the gambling reference, I challenge myself to win in the market and then try to win more on the craps table.. doesn't always work out that way LOL
    Jul 11, 2012. 05:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Profiting From Apple's Pullback...Again [View article]
    Pr- Thanks and yes being bullish on the stock is something that must be a part of this or it will not work. But it does work specifically because you can always "buy back" the shares if you choose
    Jul 11, 2012. 06:28 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Profiting From Apple's Pullback...Again [View article]
    Anonymous. I made 18% today (one day held my puts) on the little pullback it had. It ALWAYS has had one. It cannot just grow in share price without some sell-off or other influences effecting it negatively. Of course it does not always work (nothing is foolproof) but it does work.

Off to bed enjoy all
    Jul 10, 2012. 11:37 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Profiting From Apple's Pullback...Again [View article]
    An- It never reached 500 again however the pullback I predicted did occur and I did profit on it. You can continue to double if you say you did, 18% in one day is a little higher than that and I will continue to strive for 10% returns per month. About as likely as you doubling again this year. But all good as I always say, it is your money so your call!
    Jul 10, 2012. 11:17 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Profiting From Apple's Pullback...Again [View article]
    Willy: That is the game, we should all STRIVE for large gains, but you are correct getting 4% a month or more consistently will be difficult. My point was simply strive to make your investments generate income. Apple now offers a dividend (which will help) but ALL of your investments consider using options to make money while you hold
    Jul 10, 2012. 06:42 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Profiting From Apple's Pullback...Again [View article]
    Cor- I think anyone who bought Apple around 2005 has made a huge profit. But let's be honest here, Apple is a serious exception to the rule. Noone could have predicted it's massive jump. All I am saying is don't time the market, but EXPECT every stock to pull back at some point. It does not mean you are not bullish on a stock, it is a fact that is all. I just made an 18%+ return in 1 day on buying Apple Puts and selling them. I didnt expect or even time this correctly (I sold them when Apple was down $4.50 for the day, and it is about to close down almost $7) BUT I did make money which is what this game is about to most
    Jul 10, 2012. 03:48 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Profiting From Apple's Pullback...Again [View article]
    Willy.. Im not saying I will hit 10% a month, but I am sure as hell going to try! Made 18% on my pop today in one day of trading, thought that was only about 15% of my total investment. I want to grow my entire investment every month. I know that is nearly impossible but hey even averaging 4% a month every month over the next 4 years would be a blessing!
    Jul 10, 2012. 03:32 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    JUST AN FYI ALL

Just exited my Apple short term Put position I jumped into yesterday, waited till it gave some back (was down about $4.50 at one point) and exited with an 18% ROI in one day including commissions

This stock DOES pullback and you can take advantage of it!
    Jul 10, 2012. 02:43 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Profiting From Apple's Pullback...Again [View article]
    Cory- OP? Did I miss something?
    Jul 10, 2012. 02:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Profiting From Apple's Pullback...Again [View article]
    Dia- You think me saying Enron is any more ridiculous than outsider stating that Apple had a $0.075% chance of going to $200 in 2 years?

I was making a point of how silly his comment was
    Jul 10, 2012. 09:21 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Profiting From Apple's Pullback...Again [View article]
    Outsider- Where do you come up with this?

If someone owns 300 shares of Apple with a CB of $400 and wants to utilize this strategy they could do as follows

Write 3 July $645 calls against your position (expiration in 11 days) at the bid price of $1.46 which nets you (less taxes) about $525 after fees.

You can also purchase 3 call options further out (say Sept $700 calls for a price of around $1500).

If the price stays where it is or even up as high as $644.99 and closes there (most likely) on July 21st you pocket the $525 which (annually) is a 15% ROI. If the stock closes let's say at $650, you pocket the $525, also pick up another $50 X 300 shares ($15,000) profit on top of the profit you have today AND your long term options go up in price as well. You can exercise them so you can own the stock again or just sell them at a premium and make MORE money.
    Jul 10, 2012. 08:10 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Profiting From Apple's Pullback...Again [View article]
    Where do you come up with an 85% chance of the stock doubling?

And a .075% for it going to $200?

I have one word for you on the chance of it going down that far: Enron
    Jul 10, 2012. 07:57 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Profiting From Apple's Pullback...Again [View article]
    Out- Do you think you will have that information before everyone else or something? Very frequently we are the last to know. Sure we can decide for ourselves a company is not performing but at what point do you cut bait?

We can agree to disagree, 2 different strategies is all it is