- IDCC: A Controversial Stock Not Worth The Risk
- Kinder Morgan Energy Vs. Kinder Morgan: Which High-Yield Stock Is The Better Deal?
- Piper Jaffray: A Good Opportunity To Profit From Market Pessimism
- How To Pick High Yield CEFs That Outperform The Market: An Introduction
- Monro Muffler And Brake: Too Expensive And Too Risky
Mike the PhD
This user currently has no profile.
I have a PhD in Finance (ABD), a Masters in Economics, and a B.S. in Industrial Engineering. All three of my degrees have largely been focused on data analysis, and that’s what most of my work experience has dealt with. I’m a professor at a major US university now where I teach classes on data analysis and do research on the financial markets, but before that I worked for a major Wall Street bank as a bond trader, and before that I worked for a hedge fund as a quant developing investment strategies.
- Description: Professor. Trading frequency: Weekly
- Interests: Bonds, Commodities, Dividend stock ideas & income, ETFs, Energy stocks, Foreign stocks, Forex, Gold, Mutual funds, Options, REITs, Retirement savings, Stocks - long, Stocks - short, Tech stocks
Investment Quant VIsit my blog at InvestmentQuant.com
Investment Quant I use statistical techniques and data analysis to help readers earn better returns and take less risk. The data analysis that I do is based on unique models that I developed using decades of data on a variety of different investments. I also publish a weekly measure that tells blog readers the odds of a ...More
decline in the markets and in different market sectors over the next year. VIsit my blog at InvestmentQuant.com
Currently, you have no book details. Click edit to add book details.
LATEST STOCKTALK more »
Thanks readers, for making this one of my most popular articles yet: http://seekingalpha.com/a/wz4q Jul 14, 2013
Latest Comments more »
- Thank for the comment. I ag... on IDCC: A Controversial Stock Not Worth The Risk
- I'm saying its an oversight... on Kinder Morgan Energy Vs. Kinder Morgan: Which H...
- Almost no one would use a d... on Kinder Morgan Energy Vs. Kinder Morgan: Which H...
- KMR is certainly another wa... on Kinder Morgan Energy Vs. Kinder Morgan: Which H...
- Touche - that said the same... on Kinder Morgan Energy Vs. Kinder Morgan: Which H...
Latest comments on Mike the PhD's Articles
- reachmygoals1 on Intro To Big Data Companies: Big Returns, Big R...
- vision3001 on Yields Of 5.3%-23.2%: How Investors Can Turn Go...
- DeepValueLover on Oversold Yields: Is This The Best Investment Op...
- KMR holder on Kinder Morgan Energy Vs. Kinder Morgan: Which H...
- Sumflow on Kinder Morgan Energy Vs. Kinder Morgan: Which H...
LATEST ARTICLES & INSTAPOSTS more »