Mike Young

View Mike Young's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Why Active Managers Underperform [View article]
    Enjoyed the article - very interesting perspective. Thanks for sharing!
    Aug 16 04:17 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 1 Rock Solid Dividend Stock For Your Portfolio [View article]
    Thanks for reading and commenting mbn! The other article is well done - thanks for sharing. They take a different approach using market-based valuations (multiples) vs. intrinsic valuation approach (dividend discount model), so that will produces some differences by itself, aside from differences in assumptions. Interestingly, they still only pegged it 3-4% overvalued based on forward P/E I believe.

Best of luck with your investments!
    Jun 25 06:39 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 1 Rock Solid Dividend Stock For Your Portfolio [View article]
    Thanks for reading Divhut! Nice article. 100 years...that takes "long-term investing" to another level, lol.
    Jun 25 06:32 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 1 Rock Solid Dividend Stock For Your Portfolio [View article]
    Thanks Louverture!
    Jun 25 06:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 1 Rock Solid Dividend Stock For Your Portfolio [View article]
    PendragonY - very true. That's why I agree with having a long-term approach. If you like the stock, you can take advantage of short-term movements to start/add to a position.

Good luck with your investments!
    Jun 25 06:27 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 1 Rock Solid Dividend Stock For Your Portfolio [View article]
    CapeCapMgmt,

Thanks for the comment and for taking the time to read the article! Happy investing!
    Jun 25 06:25 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 1 Rock Solid Dividend Stock For Your Portfolio [View article]
    Thanks DeepValueLover! I'm a fan of the watch list approach - definitely a good way to stay disciplined but not miss anything when markets (inevitably) get crazy.

Good luck with your investments!
    Jun 25 06:20 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Chevron Offers Dividend Yield, Growth And A Good Valuation [View article]
    Thanks for reading KTOOMBS2, and for sharing the tip! Will check it out. Good luck with the investments!
    Jun 19 09:23 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Chevron Offers Dividend Yield, Growth And A Good Valuation [View article]
    Thanks for the comment and reading George! Are you planning to "wait it out" with your energy holdings, or would certain developments cause you to sell?

Happy investing!
    Jun 18 11:54 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Chevron Offers Dividend Yield, Growth And A Good Valuation [View article]
    Thanks for sharing Hrcrusher! I'm looking at XOM as well. Best of luck with your investments!
    Jun 18 10:41 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Chevron Offers Dividend Yield, Growth And A Good Valuation [View article]
    Thanks for reading and commenting crazty. Good luck with the investment!
    Jun 18 09:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Are Investors Expecting Too Much From Wal-Mart? [View article]
    Thanks for reading and commenting cpa! I think both of you raise an interesting point in terms of logistics company vs. retailer. Will be interesting to see how that concept plays out along side the ecommerce trend.

Happy investing!
    Jun 18 09:39 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Are Investors Expecting Too Much From Wal-Mart? [View article]
    Thanks for the comment youngdiv! Again, my main issue is with the price. Lots of people on Facebook or interested in Tesla, but is the price too high/low for the value?

Happy investing!
    Jun 18 07:26 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Are Investors Expecting Too Much From Wal-Mart? [View article]
    Thanks for the comment hanson! I've heard other people say the same thing about retail investments - they like it b/c they can check on it themselves. Sorta like why some people like real estate investing I would guess - it's tangible to them. That makes a lot of sense to me actually.

In terms of Walmart specifically, I think I have to agree. I use to shop at Walmart, but now I wouldn't considering setting foot in one. I'm in the northeast, but I've noticed the same thing with some of my family down south. They were very loyal to the store just a few years ago, but not so much anymore. Totally anecdotal, but like you said, that's the advantage with retail.

I think your comments about the causes for Walmart slipping are pretty on the mark. That would tie in with the increase (or less negative I guess) in working capital in the last fiscal year. I'll have to go back and look at some other metrics for inventory management now that you've got me thinking about it, and see if they have weakened. Just because something was a good investment in the past, doesn't mean you have to stick with it if you don't believe in it anymore.

Good luck with your investments!
    Jun 17 10:44 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Are Investors Expecting Too Much From Wal-Mart? [View article]
    Bentodd2000 - thanks for the comment and for taking the time to read the post. I don't doubt Walmart's ability to execute, I just worry the price is too high.

Best of luck with your investments!
    Jun 17 10:36 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment