Mikko Dahlbom

View Mikko Dahlbom's Comments BY TICKER:
  • There Is Still 94% Upside For Arcam AB Despite Its 310% Growth During 2013 [View article]
    I think that when it comes to aerospace parts the quality is preferred. If several parts out of 50 to 1000 parts break, the plain falls. Thus I expect Arcam to have a very bright future, even brighter than I have estimated. With the new Q20 system Arcam is positioned perfectly to seize the opportunity and reach the next level.
    Dec 7 11:53 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    I think the difference between good and phenomenal results for next year are greatly influenced by the decisions of aviation companies that are in need of metal 3D printers.
    Nov 21 12:26 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Arcam AB, A Very Promising 3D Printer Company [View article]
    If anyone followed my hint on Fingerprint Cards AB, today Samsung electronics announced that they will buy FPC for $650M.
    Oct 11 05:35 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Hi.
    Spirg: No, I did not notice that Arcam is a partner in the EU funded project TiAlCharger. But it is very interesting stuff and I will look into it soon.

Manic Miner: Yes, there is a typo. "They expect the next four quarters to look like this" should be "I expect.."
    And yes, I "plucked the numbers out of thin air". As Arcam is receiving orders at increasing speed it is very probable that Arcam will beat its previous quarterly results clearly. As Arcam is considered as a volatile growth stock, anything can happen. I am just trying to tell what I expect is going to happen. Last time when I did exactly the same, Arcams result was not that far from my expectations. Current order book is 15 systems and Arcam can deliver 10 systems per quarter. As Arcam receives the majority of its orders during the last two quarters, I think that Arcam will be very busy during the next 4-5 quarters.

Much.faster: I do not want to sound too optimistic.

Starsekr: There are not much info out there, but Google Chrome or Google translator will help you in translating Swedish into English. The CEO Magnus Rene is also very active in replying to questions about Arcam.

Matra: "By definition, an extrapolation is an educated guess (basic math that may foresee the truth, or not)" Yes. Analysts make educated guesses. They do nothing more than guess and tell you what you already know about the past.

I am sorry about the bad choices of words. As a non-native speaker, I do make mistakes that make the sentences sound quite bad. Mr. 3D Printing Investor wrote the exact thing that I was thinking of and should have wrote: "or an acceleration of growth rate".
    Sep 2 10:22 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Arcam AB, A Very Promising 3D Printer Company [View article]
    Another very promising company is Fingerprint Cards AB, from Sweden as well. You can find the stock from Nasdaq OMX Nordic under STO:FING-B. It will see rapid growth during this year and will become "healthy profitable" during year 2014.

Fingerprint Cards AB manufactures fingerprint scanners, both area and swipe sensors, to both PC and mobile devices. Emergence of fingerprint scanners in mobile devices is imminent as two Korean smartphone manufacturers have already released their flagship phones containing a fingerprint sensors AND Apple already bought AuthenTec (a fingerprint sensor manufacturer) for $350M. If the next iPhone will contain a fingerprint sensor, it will surely be in all high-end Android devices within 12 months.
    Aug 29 08:04 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Arcam AB Announced Record Q1 And 101% YOY Growth [View article]
    Hi.
    As I see it, yes. I have been trying to finish my next article but I have been very busy for the last month. I think it is possible that Arcam stock price increases another 20-30% in the coming 12 months.
    Aug 26 12:14 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Q&A With The CEO Of 3-D Printing Company, Arcam AB [View article]
    NIce one :) Thanks!
    Aug 2 01:36 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Arcam AB, A Very Promising 3D Printer Company [View article]

Arcam AB about to be bought by 3D Systems?
    May 10 03:55 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Arcam AB Announced Record Q1 And 101% YOY Growth [View article]
    Hi.
    Here are two sources:
    "Compared to SLM and DMLS, EBM has a generally superior build rate because of its higher energy density and scanning method."

And to the rescue rides this article from the University of Texas about comparing SLM and EBM:
    (Skip to the conclusion :) )

SLM is a technology from a German company EOS, which is a direct competitor with Arcam. Due to superior quality I would choose Arcams EBM to manufacture the parts for my airplanes. Fewer dead people because of 1-2% difference in manufacturing quality should make the decision easier for aerospace companies ;)

But thanks K2Climber, without you I wouldn't have found that latter very informative article :)
    Apr 24 01:13 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Arcam AB Announced Record Q1 And 101% YOY Growth [View article]
    I think Arcam would sell as many printers as it could if the circumstances would be perfect. Please do remember that Arcam delivered that 8 systems during Q4, although it may be that some of them were half ready during the quarter change.

If I'd have to come up with some crazy future predictions then I would say that Arcam will buy another manufacturing plant from the U.S. and provide local customers from there. That would ease some of the pressure to increase capacity...
    Apr 22 12:57 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Will Arcam AB Beat Its 2012 Record Result? [View article]
    Wow, how come they delivered only 4 systems although they had 10 to start the year with? And 6 systems more during Q1. Now they have 17 orders in their orderbook with at least six orders that are already 3 month old. I guess I will have to ask Arcam CEO what is their average delivery time. The reason may be that some of the systems could not be finished during Q1 and thus Q2 will be phenomenal.
    Apr 19 01:46 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Will Arcam AB Beat Its 2012 Record Result? [View article]
    Yes, euros. And Dou89, I haven't been able to finish my Onvo/IRBT/DDD/XONE articles due to my other work and repeated good news from Arcam ;)
    Apr 15 10:53 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Will Arcam AB Beat Its 2012 Record Result? [View article]
    The reply I received from Arcam CEO Magnus Rene stated that the average selling point of their devices is 550k-1.1M. I asked for individual prices but that was all I got. Maybe someone could buy one of those to find out the price? :)

-MD
    Apr 13 12:14 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Will Arcam AB Beat Its 2012 Record Result? [View article]
    Yes it does. The deal with its long term customer may prove to be very profitable.

But it does have a downside also. Arcam has so few orders annually that even a small downsizing in orders will cut profits. If this one aerospace company goes under, Arcam could lose several orders per year. I am already writing my next article about Arcam and will probably publish it after Q1 report. I will try to examine Arcam some more and try to have lots of new stuff to tell you.

I think I should finish my other articles as well about 3D Systems, Organovo and ExOne, but I have managed to spend my time on Arcam..
    Apr 10 02:02 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Arcam AB, A Very Promising 3D Printer Company [View article]
    Thanks Dennis for notifying me about that. That is huge news!
    Apr 9 01:30 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment