Minutemen

View Minutemen's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Sorry Big Mac, It's Going To Take Plenty More To Change This Company [View article]
    acesfull: If you want my humble advice, I'd tell you not to sell your shares for a loss. MCD has problems but the stock is not going to just be all downhill from here. If you really want to get rid of MCD because you do think the fundamentals have changed, you will have an opportunity to sell if it for a gain at some point. In the meantime, collect the very nice dividend and wait patiently. Don't lose money!
    Jan 31, 2015. 08:47 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • AbbVie's Viekira Pak Has Caught Everyone's Attention [View article]
    Yes, for plaque psoriasis.
    Jan 31, 2015. 08:21 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • ISIS attacks oil-rich Kirkuk [View news story]
    Did you just step out of a dark shadow?
    Jan 30, 2015. 03:50 PM | 31 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • ISIS attacks oil-rich Kirkuk [View news story]
    Are we supposed to root for ISIS?
    Jan 30, 2015. 03:46 PM | 21 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Media Is Dead Wrong About Oil Supply And Demand [View article]
    I have loaded up on very cheap shares of CVX and SLB. Now rubbing my hands and patiently waiting to become very wealthy!
    Jan 30, 2015. 02:55 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Jack: I don't argue that KO has had its share of recent problems, but I do argue that KO's problems are not as endemic as MCD's. People may be cutting back on Coke soft drinks, but people still want to drink something and KO has many beverages and can be much more nimble to fickle consumer trends than MCD.

I'm long KO but not MCD.
    Jan 30, 2015. 02:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • At What Point Do You Step Into The Potential McDonald's Value Trap In Search Of Yield? [View article]
    user: agreed.
    Jan 30, 2015. 02:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    "They're on a downward spiral more so than Mickey D's."

The data don't support your statement at all.

See my Instablog post here: http://seekingalpha.co...
    Jan 30, 2015. 02:15 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I'd prefer 840 tasty calories over 440 tasteless calories.

I rarely go to Five Guys or MCD, so I think my body can handle the occasional but more tasty brush with death.
    Jan 30, 2015. 01:48 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I went to MCD for the first time in awhile the other day for breakfast (due to a power outage). It was literally just me and 3 homeless guys in there.
    Jan 30, 2015. 01:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I do love a tasty burger - gourmet or otherwise.
    Jan 30, 2015. 01:00 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Joe: That's what I'm talking about!
    Jan 30, 2015. 12:59 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Bill: Understood about the income. I'm still in accumulation phase with 10 to 15 years before retirement, so I'm looking for growth companies with promise for larger dividend growth potential like SBUX. And since I love their products, I just couldn't resist!
    Jan 30, 2015. 12:44 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Joe: Thanks for the tip. I have never heard of Cook-Out but I go to Richmond, VA frequently and they have two shops there. I will check them out.
    Jan 30, 2015. 12:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    billinsd: I just picked up SBUX at $79 before the earnings release. Thought it was nicely priced and has plenty of growth left with outstanding management. I'm not in it for the income, although the stock has plenty of cash and room to raise the divy over the years. This is a very long hold for me.
    Jan 30, 2015. 11:59 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment