Minutemen

View Minutemen's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Walt Disney declares $0.66 dividend [View news story]
    Yup! And this 15% raise is on top of last year's 33% raise.
    Jun 24, 2015. 05:20 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Walt Disney declares $0.66 dividend [View news story]
    Nice!! Disney finally listened to me and started paying a semi-annual dividend.

The yield is only 1% because the stock price has moved up so much. But if you've been holding shares for a long time, the actual income can be quite high. Current yield tells you nothing about an individual's personal level of income on a stock.
    Jun 24, 2015. 05:10 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Williams surges after ETE confirms bid [View news story]
    Can't blame you for taking a nice gain on the news. But I wouldn't call this a pump and dump story as ETE has confirmed the offer. Even if it doesn't materialize, shares of WMB should trade at a higher value than they have been.

I personally don't sell my stocks (or rarely do). So I'm sitting on this come hell or high water.
    Jun 22, 2015. 09:55 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Williams surges after ETE confirms bid [View news story]
    Even if the deal doesn't go through, it puts a premium valuation on WMB, which should keep WMB shares trading higher than where they have been. For now, I don't know enough to say whether I like the offer or not, but it is indeed interesting.
    Jun 22, 2015. 08:30 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Williams surges after ETE confirms bid [View news story]
    The proposes deal is contingent on WMB dropping its planned acquisition of WPZ.
    Jun 22, 2015. 05:55 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Williams surges after ETE confirms bid [View news story]
    Say what? Very nice surprise this morning!!!
    Jun 22, 2015. 05:45 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel Still Shut Out Of Mobile [View article]
    Former INTC: Excellent commentary. As a buy-and-hold investor, I can tell you that the biggest investing mistakes I've made have always been in selling shares. Over time, I have learned the art of patience that comes with buying high-quality companies and holding them through thick and thin. The investing news world is so full of confusing and conflicting near-sighted opinions that investors are better off ignoring the noise and letting their assets grow steadily over time (with dividends reinvested!).

Best,

MM
    Jun 19, 2015. 03:30 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel Still Shut Out Of Mobile [View article]
    Hawkeyes: I completely appreciate negative opinions on stocks I own or am interested. I routinely read articles that shed light on a company, positive or negative, so that I can be a more informed investors. But I want those opinions to be based on meaningful facts and a thoughtful presentation of ideas. It is quite clear from the long history of Kofi's articles on INTC that his facts nor his opinions are based on solid ground. Further, you can simply look at the titles to know that his opinions are not meant for day traders; rather, the articles are broad and sweeping indictments of INTC and are targeted to longer-term investors.
    Jun 19, 2015. 02:21 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel Still Shut Out Of Mobile [View article]
    Richard: I completely agree. I tripled my position in INTC in early 2013 when it seemed everyone, including Kofi, were screaming "PCs are dead." That turned out to be a terrific contrarian play on an outstanding company. INTC clearly has momentum building going forward. I have no intention of selling any of my shares for a long time (if ever).

Best,

MM
    Jun 19, 2015. 01:22 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel Still Shut Out Of Mobile [View article]
    Right on Barry. Kofi could have made some serious coin with INTC over the past two years if he didn't have an axe to grind.
    Jun 19, 2015. 01:02 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel Still Shut Out Of Mobile [View article]
    Glad to be of service of pantherdoc. Someone has to call Kofi out on these vendettas (and many have!).
    Jun 19, 2015. 01:01 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel Still Shut Out Of Mobile [View article]
    gofx: I completely agree. I read SA precisely for the various viewpoints. But what this author has been consistently putting out is a completely biased and just more of the same drivel over 19 articles. I think this kind of personal vendetta against a company is of no value, and indeed could be of harm to readers not familiar with the author's history.

I personally did not read this article (I have read others from Kofi). My comment above was to simply inform readers of this author's historically negative bias. Readers can decide for themselves what to take from the articles.
    Jun 19, 2015. 01:00 PM | 9 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel Still Shut Out Of Mobile [View article]
    Thanks, zucks. It seems that after this many slanted articles about a company over a two year period in which the author has been completely wrong, SA should just say "enough is enough" for this author when it comes to INTC.
    Jun 19, 2015. 12:16 PM | 8 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel Still Shut Out Of Mobile [View article]
    @ES

;-)
    Jun 19, 2015. 12:03 PM | 8 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 8% Raise For The Dividend Growth 50 [View article]
    Thank you, David Crosetti!!! For newby DGIers, please pay close attention to what David posted above.
    Jun 19, 2015. 12:00 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment