Minutemen

View Minutemen's Comments BY TICKER:
  • 'Krafting' Success For My Dividend Growth Portfolio [View article]
    Excellent. Thanks very much for the info on BGS, Steve. I will do some DD on it.

MM
    Mar 27, 2015. 04:58 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Kraft Is Not A Good Investment Candidate [View article]
    Nigel: I'm not trying to talk you or anyone else into buying KRFT, but just pointing that there is a reason the shares have taken off on news of this deal (and have increased as more valuation estimates are coming out).

Morningstar has revised its fair value estimate to $93 while S&P Capital IQ has a BUY rating and 12-month price target of $89.

I completely agree that KRFT is a much better deal for existing shareholders (fortunately that includes me!) than those initiating positions after the news.
    Mar 27, 2015. 04:05 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 'Krafting' Success For My Dividend Growth Portfolio [View article]
    Thanks for the info, Steve. I'm familiar with PF but not BGS.
    Mar 27, 2015. 04:01 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 'Krafting' Success For My Dividend Growth Portfolio [View article]
    Let's just hope that whoever ends up with Jell-O doesn't hire Bill Cosby as a spokesperson or they'll end up with pudding on their face.

Can I say that on SA?
    Mar 27, 2015. 03:41 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 'Krafting' Success For My Dividend Growth Portfolio [View article]
    Steve: That I don't know, but I'm sure some company would love to take a crack at Jell-O. Maybe Warren Buffet would take it private like he did with Duracell. ;-)
    Mar 27, 2015. 03:34 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Kraft Is Not A Good Investment Candidate [View article]
    Author: Your section on the synergies from the merger leaves a number of important things. Firs, the $1.5 billion you quoted is not the total synergy, that is only the estimated cost savings. That figure does not take into account distribution synergy and other changes that 3G is known for, e.g., new product innovation.

For some reason several people have stated that they can't see Kraft products doing well in Europe. Don't forget that there is more to the world than North America and Europe, and with Heinz's global distribution network, Kraft products are going to be much more far reaching than ever before.

Secondly, I see 3G selling off some of the stale Kraft products, like Jell-O and redeploying capital do higher growth areas such as organics. 3G has a great reputation for doing accretive moves such as this, and I have no doubt that they have plans for Kraft and are not just going to sit on their laurels.
    Mar 27, 2015. 03:32 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 'Krafting' Success For My Dividend Growth Portfolio [View article]
    Mike, I think part of the value of this deal that hasn't been discussed much is what 3G will do with some of the Kraft products that haven't done very well, such as Jell-O. I could see part of the plan as PG approach where they sell off some of their stale assets and redeploy capital to higher growht segments such as organics.
    Mar 27, 2015. 03:17 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Kraft Is Not A Good Investment Candidate [View article]
    Author: Shareholders do not get the capital gain + the special dividend. The $16.50 will be subtracted from the share price on the ex dividend date (which has not been announced). Thus investors can sell right now and receive the $16.50 dividend in the form of a capital gain (short term or long term capital gains taxes will apply if held in a taxable account).

Thus who choose to hold through the ex dividend date can either receive the cash dividend and redeploy elsewhere or reinvest back into the new Kraft Heinz (which is what I plan to do).
    Mar 27, 2015. 03:08 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Analyzing The Kraft-Heinz Merger [View article]
    Well if we are getting screwed, I have to say, its been quite pleasurable.
    Mar 27, 2015. 02:59 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 'Krafting' Success For My Dividend Growth Portfolio [View article]
    Rich,

I vote against the Executive Compensation plan on every proxy vote I get. They make enough already.

So don't blame me!
    Mar 27, 2015. 02:33 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 'Krafting' Success For My Dividend Growth Portfolio [View article]
    Chowder: I agree. The market seems to be adjusting up to the revised estimates (in which analysts have had more time to crunch the numbers).

What's been interesting to me is the very large share volume over the past thee days. Prior to the deal, KRFT's average daily volume was 3.1 million shares. On the day of the deal, we had 99.8 million shares exchanged, followed by 27M yesterday, and 21M at 2:30 PM today.

I was also initially upset that I was going to lose my KRFT shares as well based on knowledge of the prior Heinz deal (I was not a Heinz shareholder). Very glad to keep my KRFT shares, ownership in a promising new and well managed company, and we keep the dividend as well.

Best,

MM
    Mar 27, 2015. 02:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Kraft Foods, H.J. Heinz Merger To Drive Significant Potential Synergy And Dividend Growth Opportunities [View article]
    Argyll: What could be the killer for the iPhone (or any smartphone) is the next currently unknown device that will suddenly come along and make all smartphones look antiquated. This is called disruptive technology and it is unpredictable. We don't have to worry about a new company coming along that suddenly makes ketchup appear antiquated. And we'll plenty of new sauces and seasonings keep coming, people still buy tons of ketchup.
    Mar 27, 2015. 02:17 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • American Realty Capital to issue annual report, host call on March 30 [View news story]
    That's a good point. But I'm hoping they'll reconstitute the dividend soon. Shareholder aren't going to be happy sitting on a REIT with a large share price loss AND that doesn't pay a dividend.
    Mar 27, 2015. 12:54 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Analyzing The Kraft-Heinz Merger [View article]
    hwiding: I've seen no information on this. It is indeed the big $16.50 question.
    Mar 27, 2015. 12:51 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    nsolot: I agree about the board membership. That could take awhile. But hopefully we get some news on the dividend shortly on or after April 1. Forward guidance on AFFO sooner than later would be peachy.
    Mar 27, 2015. 12:36 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment