Miz Magic DiviDogs

View Miz Magic DiviDogs' Comments BY TICKER:
  • Frothy Market, Impending Correction - What's A Dividend Growth Investor To Do? [View article]
    Doug, it's addictive. Scottrade really figured out how to make it work. :)

Aug 7 04:26 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Catching Up With The DGI Lite DiviDogs [View article]
    Miguel ~

Thanks so much! I regularly read Fredrik Arnold's articles about Dog stocks, he breaks them out into sectors regularly. Great for those of us who like to create our own ETFs!

I've picked up some great ideas from his articles, especially on his MoPay (monthly payer) stocks, like his latest one. Terrific way to generate a lot of income coming in!

Aug 7 03:43 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Catching Up With The DGI Lite DiviDogs [View article]
    Thank you very much, Paul! I appreciate the very kind words.

Aug 7 03:36 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Catching Up With The DGI Lite DiviDogs [View article]
    Thanks, Mike and Bob!

I'm sure your turn is coming! You both write solid, informative articles that shouldn't be missed by any serious DG investor!

Aug 7 03:35 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Catching Up With The DGI Lite DiviDogs [View article]
    Small ~

It's been really interesting to watch PBI all along through the DGI Lite portfolio! That it's up around 40% from the start of the portfolio (bought @ $17.94) and that was even before it totally hit bottom, somewhere around $10-$11, I think. I hope they can continue to prosper, but it's not something I'd own now.

I just started a taxable account last month, and will probably add some MLPs when I have enough cash built up. Lots to learn first, though! :)

Aug 7 03:32 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Gi ~

They're the little orange up or down caret symbols next the orange "NEW" button.

Aug 7 02:05 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Review Of The Dividend Safety Superstars [View article]
    Bob ~

"I still struggle with establishing a "buy price". Always thinking it might be lower tomorrow or later that day."

Pick the minimum yield you want from the stock, and then put in a limit order at the highest price that will give you that yield. Then go have a cup of coffee and don't look at it until tomorrow. :)

Aug 7 02:02 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Joni, is there a "Load More Comments" button at the bottom? Sometimes just refreshing your browser will work to load them all up.

Aug 7 01:21 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Six ~

Scottrade's FRIP program can be used for as many stocks as you're willing to manage. All you have to do is change which stock you want the next reinvestment to go into. You can split the reinvestment between 5 stocks one day, and into 5 different stocks the next, just change the date and the stocks. I'm currently rotating it between 7 stocks every month. :)

Aug 7 01:20 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The DGI Lite Portfolio Q4 Results [View article]
    Here's a current update if anyone is wondering how the DGI-Lite Dogs have been doing!

Aug 6 09:47 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Catching Up With The DGI Lite DiviDogs [View article]
    Yep, Maybenot, that's why I included Scenario 3. It wasn't from the very beginning, but it started at the same point as the other scenarios.

BUT, and this is a very large BUT, we've had a great bull market. Things probably would have turned out very differently if we'd been sliding down a bear market. However, I agree about starting with the CCC list.

Which was kinda the point to begin with. :)

Aug 6 09:44 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Catching Up With The DGI Lite DiviDogs [View article]
    Well, it's actually, um, 2-0. My second article was an Editor's Pick way back when, too. :)

But hey, who's counting? You write some great stuff!

Aug 6 09:38 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Catching Up With The DGI Lite DiviDogs [View article]
    Joni ~

I was keeping an eye on them! I'm glad they turned out so well (mostly) while I was otherwise occupied. Thanks!

Aug 6 07:34 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Catching Up With The DGI Lite DiviDogs [View article]
    Thanks, Mike! Tell Simmie I appreciate the woof-out!

And I was absolutely floored that it received an Editor's Pick. Totally unexpected.

Aug 6 07:27 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Catching Up With The DGI Lite DiviDogs [View article]
    "You guys may need to put an Invisible Fence around yourself so you don't get run over in the street. Just sayin'"

LOL, Dave!

You know the problem with Invisible Fences, right? Once you break free, you have to take the hit to get back onto your property, so you might as just keep on going!

Aug 6 07:23 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment