View MLP Trader's Articles BY TICKER:
Hedge Your Upstream MLPs By Shorting SRF
- Plummeting oil prices have hammered upstream MLPs.
- Selling your MLPs can have serious tax consequences, so it's often better to hedge than sell.
- Shorting the Cushing Royalty & Income Fund (SRF) is a nice hedge since it is trading at a massive premium right now.
- Selling SRF at the current premium is selling $1.00 of assets for $1.20.
United Continental Holdings: Up In The Air Or Set To Crash?
- UAL reported another poor quarter with a $489 million loss.
- UAL is seriously lagging its peers in key metrics like Passenger Revenue per Available Seat Mile [PRASM].
- UAL has pursued a strategy that is destined to drive away its most valuable customers -- the high value flyers (HVFs) -- which will devastate its earnings.
- Time To Buy Argent (And A 17% Yield) Before Earnings
- The Silly Chile Trade Is Back And Bigger Than Ever
- The World Just Got A Lot More Dangerous: Buy Oil Now
- The Silly Sell-Off Of Memorial Production Partners
- At 40% Of Net Asset Value, Lightstream Will Be Bought Out
- Argent Energy: Dumping Continues While Insiders Buy At Bargain Prices
- Short Squeeze: Lightstream Covers 17% Production Growth Plus Dividend
- Cheapest U.S. Oil With A Big Yield
- Lightstream Reports Inline Production And Gets Even Cheaper
- Lightstream: The Cheapest Oil Company, Priced At Half NAV And 13.4% Yield
- Emerging Markets At A Discount And A 9% Yield
- An 8.7% Dividend And Growth From Long-Term Care
- The Fed: Fighting The Last Battle
- Finding Canadian Oil Bargains - An Update
- MLP Smackdown: Enterprise Products Vs. Kinder Morgan Energy Partners
- Kinder Morgan KMP/KMR Spread Is Back: How To Profit
- Syria: What's Next For Investors?
- Quixotic Easing - How Banks Are Front-Running The Fed: A Short Play
- Buying Asia At A Discount And An 11% Yield
- Monster Dividends From Oil
- Now It Is Time To Worry About Syria: Sell Oil Then Buy It
- Why You Don't Need To Worry About Syria
- Chile At Silly Prices: Buy ECH; Short CH
- Linn Energy: Not A Ponzi Scheme; Not Even 'Ponzi-Like'
- The Linn Energy Blowup Has Created Opportunities
- A Great Hedge For Mexico Exposure
- EV Energy: Utica Acreage At Firesale Prices
- The Coming MLP Meltdown
- Buying American Oil Cheap From Canadian Companies
- EV Energy Partners: Potential $30 Upside For The Patient Investor