View as an RSS Feed
View Mobile Guru's Articles BY TICKER:
Adaptive Medias Raises $5.2 MM In Private Placements
- On September 15, Adaptive Medias announced it had raised $5.2 million in private placements.
- According to the press release, 8-K, and two Form D filings, the Company issued approximately 2.3 million restricted shares from two institutional investors.
- As predicted in the March 4 coverage, the Company’s revenue growth is accelerating. First half 2014 revenues were up 43.6x to $1,844,788 from $42,314 in FH 2013.
Update: Marathon Patent Announces Launch Of Opus Analytics And Names CMO
- Marathon announced on Sept 15, 2014 the launch of its Opus Analytics Patent Analysis Platform.
- This launch, which is a 50% joint venture with Eric Spangenberg’s IPNav, provides a new high margin reoccurring revenue stream.
- Opus “Alpha Score” could become the “de facto” standard for patent IP professionals, finance professionals, attorneys and investors.
- Marathon announced the hiring of Wall Street Veteran Daniel Gelbtuch as CMO to focus on growing the institutional shareholder base.
- These developments are additional examples of management's continued execution of both their business plan and a focus on enhancing shareholder value.
Update: Marathon Patent Announces Favorable USPTO Ruling And Acquisition Of Patent Assets
- Marathon announced that on Sept 5, 2014, the PTAB of the USPTO denied a petition for inter partes review filed by Arm Inc. against Vantage Point patent no. 5,463,750.
- Marathon entered into a patent purchase agreement with Clouding Corp., to acquire a portfolio of patents from Clouding IP for an aggregate purchase price of $2.4 million.
- Signal IP public joint discovery filing discloses an approximate $1.6B in potential collective damages across 14 automotive defendants.
- These developments confirm my belief that company management is building a company that will eventually greatly exceed its current market cap.
- While these types of events were anticipated in the original article, they have greatly exceeded expectations and the pace of growth is accelerating.
How Spindle Could Help Unwind RetailMeNot's Google Search Debacle
- RetailMeNot has gone from a high flying IPO darling with high expectations to a company disappointing Wall Street and barely above its IPO price in just one year.
- Google’s recent launch of Panda 4.0 has impacted the relevancy of RetailMeNot searches and has impacted its growth.
- RetailMeNot must diversify revenue sources into mobile. Leveraging beaconing to focus on in store content is the future of mobile commerce and different from the current RetailMeNot online focus.
- Spindle with its Yowza!! brand is one of the innovators in this space combining beaconing technology, offer delivery platform, and single national brand in one solution.
- Spindle's robust offering, current low valuation and being at an inflection point make it a perfect acquisition for RetailMeNot.
Update: Marathon Patent Group Reports Record Q2 Revenues
- Marathon Patent Group reported record revenues of $3.8M which were up 38% from prior quarter and 151% year-over-year.
- Marathon acquired three companies each with active patent portfolios as well as one additional company with revenue rights associated with two active patent portfolios.
- Marathon unveiled its Opus Analytic IP valuation software developed by IPNav for commercial usage, which opens up a new high margin reoccurring revenue stream.
- The Q2 release affirms that Marathon is indeed a Best of Breed among patent plays with currently 82 active defendants.
- All of these events reported were anticipated and the launch of the Opus software is ahead of the original schedule.
Update: U.S. Rare Earths Takes Next Step In The Development Of Heavy And Critical Rare Earths In The Continental United States
- U.S. Rare Earths received approval from the U.S. Forest Service to remove a stockpile from its Last Chance claims of what it believes contains highly concentrated rare earth materials.
- The company will reopen existing underground tunnels at its Last Chance claims which are known to intersect with one of the largest identified mineralized veins of heavy and rare earths.
- The company believes it will be the first US based company to proceed with rare earth underground exploration in the continental United States.
- This is a big event since they now can begin to process heavy and critical rare earths and shows the company is on track to become a US based producer.
Update: Spindle, Inc. Recent News Not Reflected In Stock Price
- Spindle named a recipient of Frost and Sullivan's 2014 Customer Value Enhancement Award.
- A Frost and Sullivan award is a prestigious event that could not be anticipated due to the competitive industry and the fact that Spindle only launched the Yowzaa!! application in Q1.
- This award reinforces my opinion Spindle is a leader in mobile ap payments and, with recent acquisitions in the space by Yahoo and Twitter, makes it a prime acquisition candidate.
Update: Marathon Patent Group To Trade On Nasdaq
- Marathon Patent Group files form 8-A to allow shares to trade on the Nasdaq exchange.
- This event has been anticipated ever since management stated it was a key objective to the long term plan to maximize shareholder value.
- Marathon has been approved for uplisting to The NASDAQ Stock Market LLC. Effective at the opening of trading on Monday, July 28th.
Marathon Patent Group Best Of Breed In Patent Space
- Marathon has already developed a diverse revenue generating portfolio owning over 150 patents.
- Marathon's recent positive Markman ruling in Apple Siri case gives them blue sky potential.
- Marathon's launch of Opus Analytic IP valuation software developed by IPNav for commercial usage opens up a new high margin revenue stream.
Supply Chain Management Coming Of Age
- Supply Chain Management is critical to compete in today’s Global market place.
- Supply Chain Management ultimately provides value to the end customer through superior products and lower costs.
- Companies providing valuable Supply Chain Management services will continue to grow at a much higher rate than typical software companies and provide investors superior returns.
LifeLock - Still Time To Turn A Lemon Into Lemonade
- LifeLock purchased Mobile Wallet provider Lemon Wallet for $42.6M in December 2013.
- LifeLock pulled LifeLock Mobile Wallet application, shares hit yearly low.
- Spindle is one of the first AWS Cloud companies to achieve Level 1 PCI Compliance.
- Strong LifeLock balance sheet, $190M cash and no debt, is well positioned for possible additional acquisitions.
- Recent retracement in Spindle shares may lead to possible buying opportunity for both LifeLock and investors.
Integral Technologies: A Development Company Headed Towards Commercialization With Hanwha L&C
- Integral manufactures and distributes electrically-conductive resin-based materials that can be molded into various shapes and sizes associated with plastics and rubbers.
- The launch of Integral’s ElectriPlast® line with South Korea’s Hanwha L&C, announced April 7, propels the company from “development stage” to commercially viable.
- On May 22, Integral reported it received the second $250k installment payment from Hanwha from the June 2013 Licensing Agreement.
Follow The Smart Money Into Genius Brands International
- Genius Brands International is a multimedia content and brand management company focused on providing "content with a purpose" for toddlers to tweens.
- Genius Brands is run by industry veterans Andy and Amy Heyward, who merged their company, A Squared Entertainment, with Genius in November 2013.
- The company announced a $6MM financing round on May 15 to be used to market its various brands and expand its global licensing and distribution business.
- Genius Brands has a cadre of heavyweight advisors and board members, including a former Governor of California and the president & co-CEO of American Greetings.
Apple, Spindle And The Natural Evolution Of Mobile Point-Of-Sale
- Forrester Research estimates that Americans will spend $90 billion through mobile payments by 2017, up from $12.8 billion in 2012.
- Spindle and Apple are two possible ways to play the mobile payment space.
- Last week, Spindle introduced Yowzaa!! POS – a comprehensive retail management platform, which is a cloud-based suite that allows merchants to manage operations from mobile devices.
Rare Earths, It's All About The Heavies
- Of the 17 rare earth minerals, the five or so considered heavy are truly rare and China continues to control nearly 100% of their production worldwide.
- U.S. Rare Earths' properties possess large amounts of Critical Rare Earth Elements ("CREOs") dysprosium, terbium, europium, neodymium and yttrium.
- The Company's CREO deposits have also been recognized by the Department of Energy ("DOE") and their properties are easily accessible and located close to proper infrastructure.
- Public Venture Capital: Turning Micro-Caps Into Macro Wealth Builders
- Why Carl Icahn's Battle With eBay Is A Sign To Buy Spindle Inc.
- Why Has Ashford Capital Management Bought 9% Of Standard Metals Processing?
- It May Be Hip To Be Square, But It Is Spindle That Could Fill Your Mobile Wallet
- Spindle Acquires Yowza!! And Paves The Way For Advancing Mobile Commerce
- Senate Bill Sets Stage For Significant Upside In Molycorp And U.S. Rare Earths
- What Is Arianne Resources Worth After Completion Of Its Bank Feasibility Study?
- In Search Of U.S. Rare Earths Independence
- Why Facebook Should Acquire Mobile Payment Provider Spindle Inc.
- Rocket Fuel IPO Blasts Off... How To Play The Ad-Tech Boom
- Twitter Me This: What Am I Worth?
- U.S. Rare Earths Inc: A Rare Combination Of Assets And Management
- When Does A Reverse Stock Split Make Sense?
- Acacia Research: A Conservative Investor's Choice For Investing In Intellectual Property
- Marin Software's Q1 Numbers Should Provide Some Good Clues
- Marin Software: Successful IPO Inside The Numbers
- Spindle Mobile Closing The Loop