Mobile Guru

View Mobile Guru's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • AudioEye: When Things Aren't What They Seem [View article]
    Wow I did not know you could do that type of accounting. I have never seen anything like it and typically that is not a good thing. Thanks for pointing it out.
    Jan 16, 2015. 08:13 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Graphite: A Diamond in the Rough for Investors? [View article]
    Great informative article. I think everyone who reads the article will now be much more aware of all the uses for graphite. In the next couple of years demand will increase greatly and those companies who can produce will have much higher margins as demand is higher than supply and prices are much higher than today. The explosion of the use of Lithium Batteries, new steel plants, fuel cells and Nuclear plants alone show how usage is going to increase in the near future and long term.
    Dec 31, 2010. 05:57 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Marathon Patent Group - Off To A Good Start [View article]
    Nice article. I have written several aticles on them and also multiple updates. The story just keeps improving. A year ago they had 5 portfolios and now they are approaching 20. The key is they are getting higher in quality and potential rewards. Erich Spangenberg is making sure this is going to be a huge success which of course he is very motivated to do since he is such a large shareholder.
    Dec 4, 2014. 10:31 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Groupon Turns Down Google: What Just Happened Here? [View article]
    If Google wants into the business I don't think it will take them even $250M to be in business. The cross licensing ops with their existing businesses will be huge. Plus with all these companies coming into the business the competition is only going up. Livingsocial is right behind these guys. If someone offered me Google stock in place of cash I would have no issues with it. They may have wanted them to sign some extended employment contracts but I don't think Groupon will ever cash out at this level again. They are not another Bebo but lets look back in a year and see what the playing field looks like.
    Dec 4, 2010. 07:13 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Talks between Google (GOOG) and Groupon have ended, All Things Digital reports, derailing what would have been a huge $6B acquisition. The social-buying site apparently wants to go it alone and will now begin a new funding round (and keep options for a future IPO open).  [View news story]
    Amazing they could walk away from that type of money. Not sure what they think they will get down the road but I doubt it is ever this good again.
    Dec 3, 2010. 11:36 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Rare Earths, It's All About The Heavies [View article]
    It will be interesting to see how the US government supports the Canadian juniors. Thanks for taking the time to read and comment.
    Mar 16, 2014. 12:32 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • It May Be Hip To Be Square, But It Is Spindle That Could Fill Your Mobile Wallet [View article]
    Why reverse engineer when you can just buy it for 250m? That is if they offered today. Wait another 6 months and it could be more like 10x that.
    Feb 5, 2014. 12:11 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Massive Growth Potential In Spindle Inc [View article]
    The 737patent is simply called Financial transaction system. I can certainly see where they could go with that in terms continuation filings. I also had 225 hits when I looked it up in the patent data base for being referenced. Nice article.
    Oct 2, 2013. 11:07 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Marathon's Share Price Could Double This Year [View article]
    Great article. I am also a shareholder in Marathon and had an article out yesterday.

Jul 23, 2013. 07:30 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Investing In The Erin Brockovich Of The Stock Market [View article]
    Alvarac,

Please allow me to correct you, Marathon is now currently generating revenues and likely profitable just from the last two patent acquisitions which are proven assets with a historical track record of many millions in licensing settlements. Both acquired portfolio's have a forward pipeline of many current cases which should continue to result in continued comparable licensing revenues on a go forward basis.

You might want to look at the two recent releases where the company states past revenues associated with the portfolio and the timeframe in which they occurred. CyberFone has amassed almost $16M on 39 settlements or licenses, currently I believe 16 more are in process. The enforcement was initiated just 18 months ago so settlements are not elongated and have been averaging in the $450k range at roughly 1.7 of them per month. You can do the math and extrapolate what the company will likely see going forward over a similar time frame, absent additional suits which would only add to those potential revenues.

The TQP patent they just acquired has already yielded $40M in settlements and that's only 1 patent. That $40M has come from approximately 97 settlements. My understanding is that the patent is already being asserted in an additional 60 plus suits that are pending. Do the math, that's approximately $24M in potential revenue for just that single patent on a go forward basis, and that's only gives consideration to current on-going suits, no new ones. I'd assume they intend to file more on this patent as well as the Cyberphone portfolio, Sampo patents and the Mosaid one.

With respect to the company's current SG&A, I understand it to be just approximately $150k a month, or less than $500k per quarter, not what I believe you are erroneously stating as $2M a quarter. You'd be well served to note the number you are citing is from the filings pertaining to the predecessor company that used to own the corporate shell.

While I respect you making your opinion known, you're unfortunately making it based on outdated information that is not applicable to Marathon's actual current business operations. I think the next financial filing may find you pleasantly surprised and re-thinking your analysis.

I personally think the current valuation is grossly under representing the value of the company's asset base and revenue pipeline. Currently they posses about 100 assets, (patents or applications).

It's my opinion current fair value should be in the $1 range. I think the only thing keeping the shares in the current price range is some legacy related shares coming from shareholders associated with the former company and who have been unable to sell for a period of close to 2 years. I think a lot of that overhead was exhausted last week.

Not sure if you saw this today, but the company filed another suit against some major corporations late Friday. "A unit of Marathon Patent Group Inc. filed a suit Friday in Texas federal court alleging Starbucks Corp., Hewlett-Packard Co., Avon Products Inc. and five other major corporations have infringed its patents relating to online systems for workflow management and collaboration."
    May 4, 2013. 10:21 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2 Undiscovered Patent Plays: Will History Repeat Itself In The Patent Infringement Space? [View article]
    I published an article on Acacia that included Marathon for anyone interested.

Apr 28, 2013. 12:01 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Pandora Should Be At $4 [View article]
    Good points. A lot of what was in the S1 was very revealing.

seekingalpha.com/artic...
    Sep 3, 2011. 09:58 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Hot IPOs Turning Cold [View article]
    I think each IPO is going to be unique. Pandora has issues that were buried in the S1. I like Zynga a bit. Groupon I wouldn't touch and Facebook will probably do well since it is so well known. Kind of like Disney was in the day of the dinosaur. LOL.
    Jun 18, 2011. 12:39 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Future Super Smartphone [View article]
    Technology is only going to keep advancing. What percent of people had cell phones five years ago compared to today? There is no doubt security of transactions and also of your phone are going to be key going forward. But today if someone steals your wallet you have no recourse but to cancel your cards. If someone steals your phone and you lock it when not in use I think you are okay. Almost sounds better than where we are at today.
    Dec 12, 2010. 11:08 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Spherix jumps after rejecting buyout offer from Marathon [View news story]
    I think in the long run it would have been a good match for both companies. Access to capital without major dilution for SPEX would have been a big plus. Who knows maybe some type of deal could emerge down the road. It does show you Marathon plans to be a big player in this space going forward.
    Feb 3, 2015. 10:38 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment