View as an RSS Feed
View Moby Waller's Articles BY TICKER:
Lowest Monthly VIX Close Since January 2007
- The CBOE Volatility Index just posted the lowest monthly close since January 2007. In that year the VIX steadily rose but the market didn't peak until late 2007.
- The VIX can and has gone down to low levels such as this and can stay there for some time (as seen in 2003 to 2007).
- There is a concern that this shows dangerous complacency among option traders -- but there are several somewhat understandable factors as to why the VIX is at such lows.
It's Not Just Beef Prices That Are Rising
- Rapid price increases have occurred not just in beef, but in pork and shrimp as well.
- Other food and agricultural commodities, such as eggs, coffee, and some fruits/vegetables have risen dramatically, or are expected to do so this year.
- This kind of price inflation affects many people directly, and is a bit under-reported by the Fed in their inflation data.
- Contrarian Warning: One Sentiment Measure Is At 1987 Levels Of Bullishness
- Twitter IPO: Comparisons & Analysis From A Trading Perspective
- Stock Market Performance Around September 11th Since 2002
- The Undervalued (Social) Media Company To Watch
- 16 Large Caps That Bucked Yesterday's Fed-Inspired Sell-Off
- Is The VIX 'Wall Of Worry' Preceding Another Big Market Rally, Even A Parabolic One?
- Rising Sun Redux - International ETFs Lag The U.S., Except For Japan
- 2013: So Far Not The Year Of The BRICs, Or Europe
- 50 Years Of January Effect Data Give S&P A 1,650 Target For 2013
- Oil Services Emerging In 2013
- How The Market Historically Performs After Unscheduled Closures
- 6 Big Name Stocks That Bucked The Recent Market Downtrend
- Crude Oil ETF Hits Extreme Low Reading, What Does This Mean Historically?
- Gold And Silver Now 'Buy And Hold,' And 'Golden Cross' Is Imminent
- 'The Most Hated Stock Rally In History?' Yet The Strong Price Action Continues
- Broad Stock Market Outlook Remains Strong, Despite Negative Sentiment
- Bullish Investor Sentiment Drying Up = Contrarian 'Buy' Signal For Markets
- The Rebound In Natural Gas May Have Some Big Long-Term Legs
- 2nd Quarter 2012 Market And ETF Performance Review
- May's Market Weakness Brought Strength To Option Volume Numbers
- A Surprising Sector That's Not 'Underwater' During The Market Sell-Off
- Should You 'Like' Or 'De-Friend' The Facebook IPO?
- Why 3M Is One Of The Bluest Of The Blue Chips
- March's Best And Worst ETFs: Financials Strong, Commodities Weak
- 20 ETFs Whipping The Market
- 16 Reasonably Priced Growth Stocks
- 13 Big Name Stocks Hitting New Highs
- 7 Liquid ETFs Beating The Market
- 9 Dividend-Paying Large Cap Values
- The Growing Performance Gap Between The Nasdaq 100 And Other Market Indices