Modernist

View Modernist's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Pandora: Internet Radio's Apple? [View article]
    Opinions are worth more than facts, because opinions are not already priced into the market. Amateurs trade on facts-this is a fact.

I respect my readers enough to know that they will decide for themselves. I simply point things out. I don't feel it would be worthwhile for me to obsessively spell out my last two points, and I am transparent about this. It is more efficient for the readers to check out such things for themselves.
    Nov 27 06:32 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Pandora: Internet Radio's Apple? [View article]
    I presented reasoning in accompaniment with my claim that the comparison is important. You cannot begin an indictment of my claim without beginning an indictment of the reasoning behind it.
    Nov 27 06:17 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Pandora Media: Analyzing 3Q Financial Results [View article]
    I see a lot of numbers, but none of them incorporate the stock price. By your reasoning, Pandora is a buy at $10 and a buy at $40.
    Nov 25 05:00 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How The U.S. Is Quickly Becoming A Third World Country (Part 1) [View article]
    Relative terms.
    Nov 24 04:26 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Trading The Not So Super Committee [View article]
    It is ironic that you utilize the term "waste" to attack a renewable energy company. Much of your work is good, but you're missing the point, and should error towards agnosticism on anything energy.
    Nov 23 07:43 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Einstein's Hedge [View article]
    I'm just saying, if you want to increase your life expectancy at the cost of your quality of life, there are things you can do like caloric restriction. Most of us aren't going to trade quality of life for life extension.
    Nov 23 02:40 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Pandora Does Something Some Said Couldn't Be Done: Posts A Profit [View article]
    The reason they're declining is because they were among first movers who didn't have to deal with much competition. As the competition inevitably increases...
    Nov 23 02:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Einstein's Hedge [View article]
    I'm not sure you're talking about my article at this point.
    Nov 23 01:25 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    2b/700k=current profitability is irrelevant
    Nov 22 11:32 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Going Short On GameStop [View article]
    So Varchild you're saying sell stocks after they go down and buy stocks after they go up?
    Nov 22 11:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Einstein's Hedge [View article]
    Thank you for your thoughtful comments. Looking through the comments you make on Seeking Alpha I can see that you consider the details and the big picture. As you know, the market prices all known information into it and it is virtually impossible to find a risk-free profit (unless you're buying insurance on credit default swaps from GS). I share your view that people can be irrational. I seek out these irrational people so that I can take the other side of their bets. I sincerely believe that betting against dumb ideas is perhaps one of the lowest risk ways of beating the market. The nuclear question is mostly an international one; it's not about new construction in the US. Ultimately people will be forced into rationality by pure supply/demand. Of course, nothing's guaranteed.

Trust me, the Republicans have forgotten about terrorists. Iran doesn't count.
    Nov 22 10:42 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    We're so far ahead homeostasis requires us to decline.
    Nov 22 04:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Pandora Media 3Q11 Earnings Preview: Growth And Innovation Amid Competition [View article]
    If Pandora and Pandora's competitors are eating radio's lunch, why not short radio, instead of betting on which streaming company will come out of the swamp ahead?
    Nov 22 04:33 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Einstein's Hedge [View article]
    we also know how much money someone would have made if he or she had bought shares in wal-mart when it was a young company
    Nov 22 04:16 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Einstein's Hedge [View article]
    The same could be said for cellphones.
    Nov 22 04:12 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment