Modernist

View Modernist's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Zucker's Game: End Of LinkedIn [View article]
    yes, there is no doubt people currently use linkedin for empty resume engagement, there is no doubt that facebook has done very little to compete with this in the past.

that's why LNKD's defenestration will be quite easy
    Jan 24, 2013. 04:26 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Zynga: Real Money King [View article]
    are you kidding me? znga invented FACEBOOK's revenue model
    Jan 24, 2013. 01:45 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Zynga: Real Money King [View article]
    dude, this stock trades in 10s of dollar swings, not in pennies
    Jan 24, 2013. 01:45 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Wintel Decouple: Short Microsoft, Long Intel [View article]
    Jon, my articles refactor qualitative data to present dissenting opinions. They are inherently contrarian. Most articles do not dissent on this level. That is why I get more angry comments. If I got too many agreeable comments, I would double-check to make sure I wasn't doing something wrong. I suggest you review my body of scholarship to see where I have been wrong in the past and where I have been right; then you might appreciate where I am coming from on this thesis. If you have a blog I would love to read your thoughts as well to see where your framework comes from. Certainly we can agree that our disagreement, which exists in multiple dimensions, cannot be negotiated through a one-dimensional discussion of Microsoft's design ethics.
    Jan 24, 2013. 01:25 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Wintel Decouple: Short Microsoft, Long Intel [View article]
    the vast majority of my readers don't comment
    Jan 24, 2013. 12:32 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Wintel Decouple: Short Microsoft, Long Intel [View article]
    you know you have won the argument when they insult your person

--nassim taleb
    Jan 24, 2013. 12:17 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Google Request To Postpone Vringo Ongoing Royalty Motion Ignored [View article]
    just trying to keep score here. ravicher maintains his assertion that google has conceded an ongoing royalty, while gill maintains that google has not. correct?
    Jan 24, 2013. 12:36 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Microsoft's Capital Allocation May Be Getting Better, But Still Really Bad [View article]
    My question is, why are you optimistic for their ability to manage the business? Is it because the business is easy to manage, or because they are more competent as business managers than capital managers?
    Jan 23, 2013. 10:54 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    So you think they can't allocate capital, but they can allocate resources to run a business?
    Jan 23, 2013. 03:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • LinkedIn Is A Part Of The Individual Investor Fund Portfolio, Should It Be A Part Of Yours? [View article]
    you want my Opinon? dump linkedin and load up on facebook. i am a little busy right now with some other concerns

Jan 22, 2013. 06:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Wintel Decouple: Short Microsoft, Long Intel [View article]
    we don't have a reasonable point of discussion; our vectors are incompatable
    Jan 22, 2013. 05:50 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Zucker's Game: End Of LinkedIn [View article]
    what am i missing about the romans and the greeks? and how did the jews fit in? also, what scale do you count your linkedin shares (if any) on?
    Jan 22, 2013. 02:58 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    "I would contend that Facebook, to compete directly and effectively, would need to create a separate professional network and not rely on its existing social network platform"
    ---

You keep saying "I would argue" and "I would contend". Yet you do not do it beyond repeating the claim using different words (circularity). There are two explanations for this.

One, you are capable of a tangible contention (a meaningful argument) and are simply countersignaling this ability. Two, you are entirely incapable of making the argument, because the argument itself is an impossibility.
    Jan 22, 2013. 11:37 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What Nobody Tells You About Goldman Sachs [View article]
    why not just leave the room?
    Jan 21, 2013. 01:40 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    "While it remains to be seen how much farther Facebook can grow, from a professional network standpoint, I would argue that Facebook does not provide a proper forum to effectively engage in the staffing and recruiting industry. Facebook does not have the nimble ability to up and change course, either, now that they have such a well-established communicative and entertainment-value social network -- some things just do not mix."

Would like to see you argue this.
    Jan 21, 2013. 01:36 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment