View Money Investor's Articles BY TICKER:
AAN, AAPL, ACCO, ADBE, AMZN, APEI, ARCB, BAH, BBBY, BBRY, BBY, BIG, BONT, BOOM, BZH, CMPR, COLM, CRI, CWTR, DHI, DPZ, ELY, FL, FSLR, GOOG, GRMN, HDS, HGG, HOV, HPQ, HRB, HTSI, IMKTA, INTC, JOE, JOSB, KBH, KELYA, LF, LL, LXK, MAS, MDC, MHO, MOVE, NFLX, NILE, NVDA, OSTK, OUTR, RENT, RH, RYL, SCTY, SHLD, SHOS, SSNLF, SSTK, TFM, TITN, TMHC, TPH, TSLA, TXI, UCP, USG, WDAY, WLH, XHB
Top Retail Value Play Heading Into 2015: Sears Hometown And Outlet Stores
- Valuation across numerous metrics supports shares being woefully undervalued.
- Continued closing of Sears mall based stores to benefit Hometown and Outlet.
- Enormous growth opportunity in store count make this asset light dealer owned/franchise model a tremendous opportunity to see a double on this investment in 2015.
hhgregg: Industry Dynamics And Expectation Reset Should Lead To Over 50% Short-Term Upside
- Company is a misunderstood retailer that has lost favor due to declining same store sales driven by management blunders and a dismal consumer electronics environment.
- Shift in focus to selling big box items and a looming product cycle refresh in the TV market will provide significant tailwinds over coming months.
- Pristine balance sheet will allow for the time needed to prune the low hanging fruit and a revamped management team with PE industry ties provides additional opportunity for upside.
Beazer: Back In The Bargain Bin
- Beazer stock down almost 30% over the last month.
- Company is executing on its plan to improve leverage and return to profitability.
- Previous forward estimates from analysts proved to be incorrect and it appears FY 2015 estimates are off the market as well.
LeapFrog: Product Cycle Refresh Provides The Road Map For Substantial Upside
- LeapFrog stock has been beaten down due to an inventory glut that is a temporary problem.
- New product releases scheduled for the balance of the FY should have investors looking back to what happened when LeapFrog first introduced the LeapPad.
- Company maintains a pristine balance sheet and should generate acquisition overtures or an activist investor could step in to create value for shareholder.
ArcBest: 20% Earnings Related Decline Presents A Great Entry Point For Investors
- ArcBest fell over 20% after reporting substantial revenue growth with a noisy EPS number that missed expecations.
- The company is now experiencing significant revenue and EBITDA growth and short-term operational efficiency growing pains will not persist.
- 30% upside for ArcBest in the next 12 months.
Update: Rentrak Q1 Earnings
- Rentrak reported earnings that missed on the top line and beat on the bottom line.
- Shares are currently up 75% from a year ago.
- Buy, sell, or hold this small cap disruptor?
Apple: Hardware Innovation Is No Longer Enough
- Hardware innovation is far too easily copied in the technology and gadget world today.
- The largest opportunity for growth will come from recurring service or fee based revenue streams.
- High margin software or fee based revenue streams will offset compression in hardware margins.
Taylor Morrison: Valuation Extremely Compelling
- 25% decline by the stock during July presents attractive entry point.
- Well capitalized and positioned company in housing markets that have strong long-term attributes.
- Earnings could be catalyst for next move higher.
MDC Holdings Has Become Both A Value Stock And Dividend Yield Opportunity
- Homebuilder continues to trade at housing crisis-level valuations.
- Currently paying an annual dividend yielding ~3.75%.
- Rare opportunity for material stock appreciation while enjoying safe dividend yield.
BlackBerry Throws A Screen Pass On 4th And Long With Acquisition Of Secusmart
- Proposed purchase of encryption technology sounds fancy but will likely have little impact in near term.
- Focus on security, government and enterprise shows that addressable market without the consumer grows ever smaller.
- The CEO touting this acquisition feels very much like a game of misdirection.
Why D.R. Horton's Q3 2014 Earnings Are Cause For Concern
- Horton stock slammed on weak headline EPS numbers.
- Earnings call and underlying business trend shift provide real cause for concern.
- Additional downside likely for the nation's largest builder of new homes.
Move, Inc: The Unlikely Winner If Zillow Buys Trulia And The "Zillia" Monster Emerges
- Rumored Zillow acquisition of Trulia has ignited shares of both subject companies.
- MOVE valuation is materially lower than the aforementioned competitors based on almost every metric.
- Expect a backlash from the Real Estate industry against a Zillow and Trulia merger to benefit MOVE.
Update: Masco Q2 2014 Earnings
- Masco reported Q2 2014 earnings that exceeded consensus expectations.
- Reported results confirm previously stated buy opinion.
- Operating Margin percent continues to expand as expected.
Amazon: The Perma Bears Will Cost You Money If You Listen To Them
- Shorting Amazon has worked and will continue to work only for traders.
- The addressable market for Amazon continues to broaden with no potential opportunity left unturned.
- Earnings don't matter today and won't matter tomorrow so please stop focusing on them.
The St. Joe Company: Special Situation With Potential Significant Capital Return
- Earnings headlines in early May 2014 will provide a shock and awe moment that should move the stock higher.
- The stock is down ~20% since announcing in late 2013 the contract for a land sale generating over $500M in cash proceeds.
- The likelihood of the company initiating either a significant stock buyback or one-time dividend is very high.
MDC Holdings: Value Can Only Be Ignored For So Long
- MDC is trading at the lowest price to book value of any small or large cap homebuilder.
- The company is set up to once again beat earnings estimates when it reports May 1st.
- Looking for a 10-15% upside move in the next 2 weeks on the back of industry wide earning strength.
KB Home: Recent Earnings Report Flips This Bear To A Bull
- 30% upside seen in FY 2014 based on multiple upcoming catalysts.
- KB's investment in land over the last 24 months has paved the way for significant revenue and EPS growth.
- Company has effectively managed its cash and debt balances through the reinvestment cycle and is now poised to reap the rewards.
- William Lyon Homes: Land Heavy West Coast Builder Set To Smash Estimates
- Rentrak: Is The Company Still A Buy After A 60% Move Higher?
- Shutterstock: Latest Price Action Should Leave Investors Scratching Their Heads
- Outerwall: Long Thesis Remains Intact And Sell-Off Represents Opportunity
- BlackBerry: The End Game Approaches
- USG Corp: This Warren Buffett Favorite Is Primed For Explosive Earnings Growth
- Consider Apple: A Gold iPhone 5S Will Save The Day
- Ryland Homes: What To Do Now That The Stock Is 30% Off Its Highs
- Taylor Morrison: Noisy Quarter Post IPO Clouds Significant Operational Gains
- Housing Data Points Diverge: What You Need To Know Now
- Mea Culpa: Beazer Homes May Be Best Speculative Play In Homebuilding
- MDC Q2 2013 Earnings: The Fallacy Of Following The Headlines
- UCP Inc: Hybrid Real Estate Play Offers The Most Short-Term Upside In Real Estate
- KB Home: Large Amount Of Idle Land Inventory And Debt
- BlackBerry Can Engage In Value Creation Through Preservation