View as an RSS Feed
PRO Top Ideas
Top Ideas are high-conviction long or short ideas focused on market mispricings with asymmetric risk/reward profiles.
LeapFrog: Product Cycle Refresh Provides The Road Map For Substantial Upside
- LeapFrog stock has been beaten down due to an inventory glut that is a temporary problem.
- New product releases scheduled for the balance of the FY should have investors looking back to what happened when LeapFrog first introduced the LeapPad.
- Company maintains a pristine balance sheet and should generate acquisition overtures or an activist investor could step in to create value for shareholder.
ArcBest: 20% Earnings Related Decline Presents A Great Entry Point For Investors
- ArcBest fell over 20% after reporting substantial revenue growth with a noisy EPS number that missed expecations.
- The company is now experiencing significant revenue and EBITDA growth and short-term operational efficiency growing pains will not persist.
- 30% upside for ArcBest in the next 12 months.
The St. Joe Company: Special Situation With Potential Significant Capital Return
- Earnings headlines in early May 2014 will provide a shock and awe moment that should move the stock higher.
- The stock is down ~20% since announcing in late 2013 the contract for a land sale generating over $500M in cash proceeds.
- The likelihood of the company initiating either a significant stock buyback or one-time dividend is very high.
KB Home: Recent Earnings Report Flips This Bear To A Bull
- 30% upside seen in FY 2014 based on multiple upcoming catalysts.
- KB's investment in land over the last 24 months has paved the way for significant revenue and EPS growth.
- Company has effectively managed its cash and debt balances through the reinvestment cycle and is now poised to reap the rewards.
- William Lyon Homes: Land Heavy West Coast Builder Set To Smash Estimates
- USG Corp: This Warren Buffett Favorite Is Primed For Explosive Earnings Growth
- Mea Culpa: Beazer Homes May Be Best Speculative Play In Homebuilding
- UCP Inc: Hybrid Real Estate Play Offers The Most Short-Term Upside In Real Estate
- Coldwater Creek: A Potential Lotto Ticket In The Retail Sector
- Shutterstock Valuation Makes Me Shudder
- Ingles Markets Could Be In Play After Harris Teeter Acquisition
- TRI Pointe Homes: A Small Builder With Big Upside
- Expensive Shoes But Cheap Shares At Foot Locker
- ACCO Brands: Concerns Are Misplaced And Stock Is Cheap
- Coinstar Shares Are Woefully Undervalued
- Jos. A. Bank: Buy One Share And Get Two Free
- Columbia Sportswear: You Can Buy The Clothes But Not The Stock
- Taylor Morrison: Fresh Off Its IPO, This Homebuilder Is Flying Under The Radar
- Rentrak: Disruptive Business Model In Evolving Media World Leads To Significant Upside Potential
- Kelly Services: Value Play On A Structural Change In Employment Trends
- Masco: Fundamentally Strong With Significant Upside Still To Come
- Move(ing) On Up: A Smarter Way To Profit From A Real Estate Recovery
- Garmin: Own For The Dividend While Waiting For The Catalyst
- M/I Homes: Under The Radar Homebuilder Making All The Right Moves
- Ryland: 2 Major Reasons Why This Homebuilder Is At Least 30% Overvalued
- hhgregg: Gravity Will Return After A 175% Run Over The Last 6 Months