Money Investor

View Money Investor's Comments BY TICKER:
  • ArcBest: 20% Earnings Related Decline Presents A Great Entry Point For Investors [View article]
    I probably could have extrapolated a bit more. I was inferring that if the equity market cap did not change from its current figure, the cash generated over the period of time I mentioned, would have the effect of reducing the EV of the company with all other factors staying the same.
    Aug 10 02:36 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    The company has historically been able to pass on fuel surcharges if fuel costs spike, in the context of an improving economy where demand will allow for it. I am not overly concerned about rising fuel costs or being unable to pass along to customers.
    Aug 8 10:24 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • LeapFrog: Product Cycle Refresh Provides The Road Map For Substantial Upside [View article]
    Mr.Wonderful thanks for the comments.

I would offer that R&D expenses being lower YoY is very likely a reflection of the new products that are already coming to market (i.e, R&D expense on those items was largely incurred in prior periods).

I would also argue that the products are unique enough, and that is all that matters. I made it clear this is not an extremely long term call on a company that is in a hyper competitive industry. I believe that that even minimal adoption and excitement around the new products will catapult the stock higher in the short term given the heavy short base and solid balance sheet for LF.
    Aug 8 09:46 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple: Hardware Innovation Is No Longer Enough [View article]
    I appreciate all the commentary. I would note that I hardware will continue to be a critical component of the Apple story going forward, but I adamantly believe that if hardware dominates the headlines, then you should sell your Apple stock. There will also be another competitor who can innovate and create hardware. It will take a mammoth effort to cut into the 800M people who use Apple iTunes or related software, and my point is Apple could easily do a better job monetizing this gold mine it sits on. I believe the company will monetize its users, and that is why one should be long Apple stock today.
    Aug 8 01:30 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why D.R. Horton's Q3 2014 Earnings Are Cause For Concern [View article]
    WallStreetDebunker

Your 40% of book value reference came when the entire world appeared to be collapsing during the height of the recession.

Also if you do look at a price to book value chart, you can see large bounces almost every time the stock trades at 1x book value.

Clearly DR Horton is not at these levels today, but I would tell you that if the stock did approach 1x book value, I would buy it in a heart beat.
    Aug 7 11:05 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple: Hardware Innovation Is No Longer Enough [View article]
    optimyst -

My point is that Apple would have a higher base of users to monetize if they did not simply concede the low end market to Android.
    Aug 5 10:40 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry Throws A Screen Pass On 4th And Long With Acquisition Of Secusmart [View article]
    PlentyOStocks -

Great insight from you as always. Keep it coming.
    Aug 4 08:52 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    I see BlackBerry having less than $3.1B in cash and the same $1B+ amount of debt that they have today. So to answer your question, with a weaker balance sheet by the end of the year than what they have today.
    Aug 4 08:49 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    "20,000 BB10 device purchases by the German's is a testament to the benefits of this purchase."

Let me get the rationale of the above statement from you. BlackBerry sells 20,000 units at $500 per unit. So the company can generate $10M in revenue from the German government as part of this acquisition. Maybe generate $4M in gross profit. Maybe generate $2M after SG&A?

Yay. BlackBerry is saved.
    Aug 4 03:45 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I would imagine that Google, Apple, IBM, or one of a dozen other companies could have purchased SecuSmart if they wanted to..But they didn't. Imagine what that should be telling you.
    Aug 4 03:24 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Considering much of which I said about the SecuSmart acquisition was paraphrasing or quoting what BlackBerry said in its press release, I would disagree with your opinion.

If someone wants to make the argument that this acquisition will replace $750M worth of a decline in services revenue headed into next year I would love to read it and it would be very bullish on the stock.

Lastly, I think that BlackBerry is still a company that someone can invest in and potentially make money on the long side. My history on this company has been fairly bullish since the stock traded below $10. That being said, we need to see real partnership announcements that are accretive to the bottom line or acquisitions that will generate positive cash flow in a short period of time or the company will again be face with running out of time and cash.
    Aug 4 02:48 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I firmly do not understand how a purchase of a company, that is not material enough to warrant any type of disclosure of price/terms/EPS impact, shows that BlackBerry is "back on the rise".
    Aug 4 01:59 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Amazon: The Perma Bears Will Cost You Money If You Listen To Them [View article]
    I guess the boomerang missed me and hit everyone who has harped about how this is the greatest stock to short over the last 2 years and saw massive losses on those short positions.
    Jul 28 10:44 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Move, Inc: The Unlikely Winner If Zillow Buys Trulia And The "Zillia" Monster Emerges [View article]
    The smoke has already turned into fire at an even larger than rumored purchase price. Wow.
    Jul 28 09:03 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The St. Joe Company: Special Situation With Potential Significant Capital Return [View article]
    dirk

The stock is up more than 10% since I published the article less than two weeks ago. During the same time period most housing stocks have gone backwards. Your comment shows your ignorance on many levels.

Put it this way - the company did not announce any plans on what to do with the cash and equivalents that now make up almost 40% of its market cap. It would be easy to argue the market expected the company to announce something (and they didn't). Yet the stock still went up today.

You make your own choice but my opinion is today was a very bullish day for JOE. The stock went higher when it could have fallen based on no announcement of plans to return capital. The market gave the company a long term vote of confidence today.

10%+ in two weeks. Go find a better return elsewhere and stop whining here.
    May 9 09:54 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment