MoodyFX

View MoodyFX's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Prepare To Short Gold [View article]
    Thanks for the feedback,

Gold is actually down 5% from the announcement of QE3. Each addition of QE has caused a decrease in marginal benefit to risk assets. QE4 very well may cause further declines in price.

Best of luck with your investments.
    Dec 7, 2012. 09:32 AM | 10 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Prepare To Short Gold [View article]
    Thanks for the question. I think supply and demand are trivial for gold - we have 44 times the quarterly supply literally sitting in some form of storage. I really think what's driving the market is overly-bullish sentiment which is experiencing a correction.
    Dec 7, 2012. 09:30 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • American Capital: Buy The Recovery [View article]
    My sole objective is to profit and only price pays. It makes sense to only be long when price has the highest potential of increasing in the future - and I view that as an increase above $12.30.

Thanks for the feedback
    Nov 27, 2012. 05:18 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Buy The Multi-Year Trend In CF Industries Holdings [View article]
    Price found support last week at $192. My technical target was $190 per share, but I believe any long position could be rewarded as long as price stays above the ascending lower trend line (currently at $186). So yeah, being long right now is a good idea.
    Nov 26, 2012. 05:26 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Bottom Is Near For Strayer Education [View article]
    At the time of writing, $90 per share was a relevant participation point. Now, I would consider somewhere around $60-$70 per share a solid entry point.

Trend following is good in that it ensures you'll be with price momentum. Trend following is bad in that your entry signal comes after some lag. Price needs to rise significantly percentage wise to reverse its current downtrend. Specifically, any rise above $62 per share will have technically signaled the end of the downtrend.
    Nov 26, 2012. 05:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Bottom Is Near For Strayer Education [View article]
    This is the importance of following the trend. As I recommended, individuals should wait until price confirms a fundamental signal prior to acting. Those who followed my recommendation would still be in cash and now in a stronger position to profit in the future.
    Nov 26, 2012. 05:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Yum Looks Tasty In The Near Future [View article]
    Thank you for your valuable feedback,

My opinion is that an increase in food price will be offset by hedges put in place by management. I believe that they have better food-price forecasters than we think and they will effectively deal with the issue.

Practically though, I believe all of this is factored into the price already. I believe that we should only trade the security when it actually gives us a technical reason for participation.
    Nov 26, 2012. 05:16 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Buy Abbott Laboratories In The Near Future [View article]
    Hi, thanks for your comment. I sent an individual reply to the individual listed, and here's what it said:

I believe that the best course of action is to only purchase the security if price is able to overcome $65 per share. Even with the split, I still believe that this is a relevant threshold for participation. After all, pretty much all known information is factored into this price and I believe that it will continue to be relevant into the future. Specifically, I believe that Abbott will continue to thrive even after the split.

To summarize that above comment: my basic belief is that this information will be factored into the price and investors should wait until price goes above $65 before considering this security.
    Nov 26, 2012. 01:43 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Wind Power: A Case Study [View article]
    Thanks for the feedback, you certainly do have a valid point. The big challenge with renewables is their cost, reliability, and output among other things. Eventually what you say may be the case.
    Jul 19, 2012. 06:42 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment