Mordechai Rorvig

View Mordechai Rorvig's Comments BY TICKER:

• Avoid Comcast Until The Time Warner Cable Deal Is Decided [View article]
    lockman: thanks, that's good product feedback to hear. It's also true that their download speeds are often much faster than any competitors in the area. That's because they're generally the only ones providing cable service in most major metro areas in the U.S., and cable service is much faster than DSL, or hybrid fiber-DSL that you'd be getting through AT&T.
    Apr 9, 2015. 12:40 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Avoid Comcast Until The Time Warner Cable Deal Is Decided [View article]
    If the deal goes through, the merger synergies will be going on over the next 2 years. So that's a 2 year alley to buy in on merger enhanced growth, looked at that way. You think the initial price gain on successful announcement will dwarf subsequent gains from EPS increases?
    Apr 8, 2015. 12:26 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Avoid Comcast Until The Time Warner Cable Deal Is Decided [View article]
    I agree with you, but I'm not sure the win from the castoffs will be very significant. I think it would be much better for CHTR if the merger fails, preventing CMCSA from exerting as much anti-competitive pressure as it otherwise will.
    Apr 8, 2015. 12:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Chinese Equity Conundrum [View article]
    Just wanted to say thanks, Aslana -- that's very informative. I was wondering what really explained the disparity between the ETF performance and macro performance. If you happen to know more good source material on this, I'd be interested to hear of it.
    Mar 27, 2015. 10:37 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sprint Customer Satisfaction Far Lower Than Verizon, AT&T, And T-Mobile [View article]
    MAYHAWK, thanks for your comment. I've seen lots of complaints like this around on various websites. I'm sorry your experience has been so poor. You might consider switching providers -- if you can afford it, Verizon looks like it has a much better service and experience.
    Mar 23, 2015. 02:00 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Herbclouds,

thank you! I agree, WiFi calling is a good idea.
    Mar 23, 2015. 01:58 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Catalysts For AT&T To Beat Expectations [View article]
    usser661, thanks for your comment; do you have any documentation or source material that discusses other wireless companies paying AT&T for use of their wireline network? Or material discussing how AT&T's wireline network supports their own wireless network? I'd be interested in learning more about this, but detailed material on the assets and infrastructure has been hard to find.
    Mar 21, 2015. 02:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Catalysts For AT&T To Beat Expectations [View article]
    Corbet,

thanks! That's an interesting idea. I haven't researched much into SIRI, so I'm not sure about the financials, but I think it could work conceptually; AT&T could bundle Sirius XM and car data connections. However, with the current acquisitions going through, AT&T has said its focus will be on paying down debt for the next few years; there are probably no other acquisitions such as this on the immediate horizon.
    Mar 20, 2015. 01:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Catalysts For AT&T To Beat Expectations [View article]
    chicagopty,

Thanks for the comment. When I said 'strong balance sheet', I mean things like the $30+ B yearly operating cash flow, $300 B in assets, etc. Their debt to equity ratio is actually the lowest compared to their competitors, so I think their management would disagree with you on the liabilities point.
    Mar 20, 2015. 12:59 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Catalysts For AT&T To Beat Expectations [View article]
    jdanny,

yes; I was also skeptical about car data sales, so I didn't write about that in the article. It may be true that you will be able to simply sync your smartphone to your car; but maybe the idea is that it's more convenient for the customer if the car has its own independent connection. In any case, I think it's true that a car data connection is not going to be billed as high as a smartphone connection; there's not as much utility, or consumer money there.
    Mar 20, 2015. 12:55 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Catalysts For AT&T To Beat Expectations [View article]
    Jake1907,

yeah, there's a lot going on in the telecoms market right now. I don't believe AT&T looks like it's up to anything highly unexpected, but it can compete on more fronts than most of its competitors.
    Mar 20, 2015. 12:48 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Catalysts For AT&T To Beat Expectations [View article]
    hqcark,

that's fair to say that AT&T should not be classified as a 'growth stock' at this point, no matter how much growth or P/E expansion it undergoes. I think if you're an investor concerned about safety as well as growth, then AT&T could be a good fit.
    Mar 20, 2015. 12:46 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Catalysts For AT&T To Beat Expectations [View article]
    Bellbrat2u -- thanks for bringing that to our attention. I see there is already an existing DirecTV bundle on AT&T's website (http://soc.att.com/1xm...). When AT&T talks about increased bundling opportunities, do you think they mean the ability to put DirecTV with internet, primarily? I wasn't sure if they also might mean bundling DirecTV with wireless service, or both wireless service and internet, etc.
    Mar 20, 2015. 12:40 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Catalysts For AT&T To Beat Expectations [View article]
    Mike: alright, I can envision that better now. It sounds great in a way for the consumer, but it also sounds kind of horribly annoying. I'm not sure how much more marketing we need in our lives. That is a clever scenario though, and I could see how that would generate revenue. You should make a SA article/contribution on this!
    Mar 20, 2015. 12:34 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Catalysts For AT&T To Beat Expectations [View article]
    My question, regarding IoT, is where's the data? Everything might get connected, but that doesn't mean it will need a significant data plan that generates revenue. I'm not pessimistic about it, just skeptical.
    Mar 19, 2015. 10:53 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment