Moses Kim

View Moses Kim's Comments BY TICKER:
  • The China Factor: A Changing Paradigm for Gold [View article]
    Both. The Chinese government is actually pushing citizens to buy gold. My read on it is that China knows there will be a new currency arrangement backed in part by gold. As for the citizens of China, they are net savers, so they have the reserves to buy.
    Feb 9, 2011. 02:30 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The China Factor: A Changing Paradigm for Gold [View article]
    Agree on all points.
    Feb 9, 2011. 11:23 AM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Gold the 'Ultimate Bubble?' [View article]
    I suggest you also value gold against stocks and the national debt while you're at it. Perhaps your perspective will change then.
    Jan 13, 2011. 10:02 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Gold the 'Ultimate Bubble?' [View article]
    I am one of the biggest supporters of gold so I don't see how I am making people make "wrong headed decisions." To say that gold is an inflation hedge though is just empirically false. Are you trying to tell me that there was no inflation from 1980 to 2000, and this is why gold collapsed in value?

Gold is a hedge against fiscal mismanagement and instability, which sometimes is inflationary and sometimes is not.
    Jan 13, 2011. 05:00 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Gold the 'Ultimate Bubble?' [View article]
    Just a quick point. You make it seem as if this data goes back a legitimate 120 years when gold was fixed until 1971. Not quite the best valuation method in my opinion,
    Jan 13, 2011. 04:57 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • A U.S. Government Bond Bubble [View article]
    I am referring to physical gold. Just think of it as insurance and you won't mind paying carrying costs.

As for the miners. the safest route is probably buying an index, then buying the majors, and moving on down from there.
    May 31, 2010. 06:53 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A U.S. Government Bond Bubble [View article]
    Haha, I'm glad I convinced you so early on in the article!
    May 30, 2010. 09:15 PM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A U.S. Government Bond Bubble [View article]
    Kohalakid,

I agree. I am very, very long gold.
    May 30, 2010. 09:04 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment