MyPlanIQ

View MyPlanIQ's Comments BY TICKER:
  • 5 Dividend Stocks To Buy, 5 To Avoid [View article]
    There are two answers to this question:
    1. No because SA has a limit to the number of stocks that can be references.

2. This isn't my list of stocks -- this was an article I read from the Motley Fool. I know they are not everybody's favorite.

The reading of the subtext of the comment is that there is an attempt to pick up as many readers as possible by spraying tickers around. I think you will find that even if that is what I wanted to do, SA are pretty tight on what they allow.
    Mar 7, 2012. 10:54 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Dividend Stocks To Buy, 5 To Avoid [View article]
    I am sorry that you find no value in what I write.

I will tell you my purpose and you can just filter out everything from this source.

I read stock selections promoting one stock or the other without giving any historical perspective on the selection. I think adding that helps.

I can understand that you have your own way of evaluating any given stock or selection of stocks and it may be better than what I do.

In any case, I have found it useful for myself and there are some that find it useful.

Sorry it doesn't work for you.
    Mar 7, 2012. 10:52 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Profitable U.S. Companies With High Yielding Stocks [View article]
    I think you have to blame me for that. SA has so many articles published that I don't think they can check all of them.

I didn't check in over the weekend and I corrected it as soon as I saw it.
    Mar 5, 2012. 09:05 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Profitable U.S. Companies With High Yielding Stocks [View article]
    I apologize for the tickers being wrong. I was copying them across and was out of order.

As for the yield data, as I said above, I was referencing data from another writer and I assumed it was correct.
    Mar 5, 2012. 09:04 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Profitable U.S. Companies With High Yielding Stocks [View article]
    I am posting a reply to all of the above comments.

I apologize for getting the table wrong. I didn't check that properly.

As for the data, we don't recommend stock selections, we take stock selections from others and measure them.

My concern is that when somebody recommends a series of stocks, they tell you how they have done recently or some aspect of the company.

It is our goal to measure their returns against an ETF benchmark as a comparison.

I admit that I assume that their data on yields is correct and I don't double check them as I am more looking to review the overall performance.
    Mar 5, 2012. 09:03 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Profitable U.S. Companies With High Yielding Stocks [View article]
    Thanks for the heads up, I made the changes.
    Mar 5, 2012. 08:59 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • GMG Defensive Beta Fund 2012 Dividend Picks [View article]
    I think that there is always a danger that a company doing well in one year doesn't continue on. My thought with a defensive stock like MCD will not have the same volatility.

Of all of the stocks, I would be more worried about Intel because ARM look strong in the rapidly growing mobile market. The other two are in stable long term businesses.
    Feb 21, 2012. 10:33 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 7 Stocks Upping Dividends In 2012 [View article]
    That is a fair point.
    Feb 16, 2012. 09:33 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dividend Portfolio Playoffs -- Finding The Best Dividend Portfolio [View article]
    Yes but there are things you don't see coming. My mother had shares in BP and you know what happened there -- she had advisors and that took a hit.

As I write about stocks, I am starting to become more comfortable and dip my toe in the water. I have added INTC.

In a sense, it comes back to the age old argument that stock pickers never succeed in the long term. I wonder whether I would have the time and ability to sift through documents and discern whether management is good or not.

Horses for courses I suppose.
    Feb 16, 2012. 09:30 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Stockpickr's 19 Dividend Opportunity Stocks [View article]
    Thank you for your input. It's great to have insight from somebody close to the stock than I.
    Feb 16, 2012. 09:27 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 7 Dividend Stocks Hiking Payouts In February 2012 [View article]
    Thank you for pointing out this error. To be honest, I am not sure where the error crept in. I took the data from the original article and I confess that I didn't double check it. I did a check on the stock price which has risen recently and that could account for some of it but not the difference.

My goal in writing these articles is to measure the long term returns so that somebody looking at a recommendation on a selection of stocks can get a longer term look at the performance.

The tracking system gets the data from indedpendent sources and the dividends are reinvested so the portfolio is correct even if the report picked up old data.
    Feb 16, 2012. 09:26 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Portfolio Playoffs -- Finding The Best Dividend Portfolio (Part ll) [View article]
    I apologize for the oversight, this was not a dividend article. I made a mistake when I was going through the ones I created.

As it was reported once and goes no further, I won't go back and change it but will make a notation on the article.

Thank you for pointing it out.
    Feb 10, 2012. 05:11 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Just One Stock? Your Daily Colgate-Palmolive Might Be An Answer [View article]
    heartky, the graph does show the tactical outperforming the strategic. The other line should be read as 'CL'. Both 'tactical' and 'CL' had about 9% annualized returns in 5 year period. The 'strategic' is the bottom chart.

Hope this clarifies.
    Feb 9, 2012. 11:55 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I have historically invested in ETFs (or mutual funds) and have been leery about stocks -- or my ability to select the right stocks.

I have now written about stocks for about six months and am gaining confidence.

I have very recently (five days ago) invested in MCD and CVX -- not very much (under $5K total) of my money is still in ETFs.

What I have been trying to do is to measure what the pundits say.

It is possible that I will invest in some stocks but I expect I will do that cautiously as I review the data.

I have got so used to not having stocks that I forgot about that so I thank you for the reminder.

Long MCD, CVX!
    Feb 8, 2012. 10:08 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Excellent questions:

1. There was an error which I will correct -- Intel (INTC) was missing.

2. You may be right in saying that it was a one year piece of good luck.

I plan to review other dividend bearing stock selections and I think that the first choice was somewhat arbitrary why I took that one over the other. I hope as I make progress through the others, the good ones come to the top and the pack is left behind.
    Feb 7, 2012. 09:09 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment