Nat Stewart

View Nat Stewart's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Consolidated-Tomoka - Why I See 70% Potential Upside Over The Next 12 Months [View article]
    Thank you for bringing that historical example to our attention. Sounds very interesting as it very closely matches what is going on here. I will try to find information about it, sounds like it would provide a useful case study. Thanks for commenting.
    Jun 14, 2015. 07:50 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Female Health Company Transitioning To New Strategy, But Receiving Legacy Business Valuation [View article]
    Not impressed. I have attempted to call the company multiple times, emailed, etc with my questions. No one ever gets back to me. Their investor presentations are not very good - very flat. The aesthetics of their stuff is not very good. I don't see anything they put out that could alter consumer perceptions about the product. Most of what I see looks 20 years out of date. Product is not made to look desirable - out of touch, preachy, silly, annoying. Nothing done to raise the social status of the product or idea. They need to try harder and stop wasting shareholder money with a lack of results.
    Jun 13, 2015. 10:21 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    The Volusia County vote yesterday (JUNE 11) was a unanimous 7-0 vote in favor of the 2.5M grant.

One of the council-members stated, "“Volusia County is open for business.”

Counsel Member Daniels stated:

"That area [the area around proposed Tomoka Town Center] is the future of Daytona Beach – the land that is out there, the development that is out there, it is the thing that is really going to make Daytona Beach what it ought to be, it truly is the future – glad you guys are here, and we wish you the greatest success”

It looks to me like Tanger Outlet mall is on very solid footing to proceed, it is great news.
    Jun 12, 2015. 01:03 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • CTO: Huge Hidden Value, Major Catalysts Imminent [View article]

One of the council-members stated, "“Volusia County is open for business.”

Counsel Member Daniels stated:

"That area [the area around proposed Tomoka town center] is the future of Daytona Beach – the land that is out there, the development that is out there, it is the thing that is really going to make Daytona Beach what it ought to be, it truly is the future – glad you guys are here, and we wish you the greatest success”
    Jun 12, 2015. 01:01 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Here's Why I'm Selling Solarcity, And Why I'm Buying Interactive Brokers [View article]
    I will stick with being long IBKR, no need for a pair trade - though the connection u made is somewhat creative (interest rate impact).
    Jun 12, 2015. 10:56 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Reis Inc.: Wide-Moat Business At An Attractive Valuation [View article]
    Good article, and a great little company. One somewhat hidden element to keep in mind is that the cash flow for quite some time will actually be higher than it appears based on net income or earnings statements.

As of the last 10K, the company had $61M of Net Operating Losses to work through - So what appears to be tax expense will actually mostly be a non-cash charge to mark down the value of its tax asset. U can see that by comparing the income statement with the cash flow statement.
    Jun 12, 2015. 10:43 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • National Beverage Corporation: A 6 Point Inspection [View article]
    I agree, it has a delicious aroma and taste. Huge amount of innovation in the pipeline too, as documented in their last annual report. People are still underestimating the value of being the market leading sparkling water, IMO. The world is changing in LaCroix's direction.
    Jun 11, 2015. 11:20 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks David. Remember though, the conversion process itself via 1031 exchange of undervalued land and the elimination of the Deferred tax liability on a REIT conversion will also create allot of value. I wanted to include the Albright biographical material because I think the human side of the story is the most important to the company's future. David Winters, of Wintergreen Fund also deserves allot of credit for his effective activism.
    Jun 11, 2015. 10:31 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • SWK Holdings - There Are Riches In Niches [View article]
    Good article. It is a very interesting opportunity to invest in an asset class that is typically off limits to individual or small investors. Have you read anywhere what level of leverage they would find optimal? I'm not sure I have seen that. Considering the tax advantaged compounding of cash flows, Solid ROI when fully invested, the unique, less correlated quality of the underlying business, i think it should end up at a healthy premium to book value. the uplist and their choice of reverse split size will be interesting as well. The guys running it seem to be stand-up guys.
    Jun 10, 2015. 07:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Pone, I understood that this stock does not fit your methodology after your first comment. I don't care. Please don't comment again, it wastes my time.
    Jun 10, 2015. 03:43 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    This is not my complete thesis, it is an update. I happen to like areas where other investors see to much uncertainty. That to me creates opportunity.
    Jun 10, 2015. 03:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks William. As an Investor, having Albright and his team working for us (shareholders) leaves me with a very good feeling about the future.
    Jun 10, 2015. 10:45 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • I'm Not Buying The Panic, This 9% MLP Yield Is Secure [View article]
    "actually it's a bit more complicated than that. You also have what's called "variance drain", aka volatility drag. That disadvantage is more pronounced when you trade frequently."

Where do you think the money lost here ends up going?
    Jun 9, 2015. 01:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • SWK Holdings: A Micro Cap With A Solid Plan To Compound Shareholder Equity [View article]
    The marketing partner is often giving them cash up front plus a percent of revenue. If wanted to finance small biotech firms too, they would likely not give them a percent of revenue but rather just more cash up front at a discounted rate relative to the expected value of the revenue share. Why they don't do this, I don't know. They would rather minimize their initial outlay and risk, perhaps, and the small company wants (at least initially) the continuing revenue stream. I guess it is just not how their business model works. Try calling Brett Pope with your question, it is a small company.
    Jun 7, 2015. 08:42 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • CTO: Huge Hidden Value, Major Catalysts Imminent [View article]
    “Minto is very committed to Daytona and remains in an active growth mode throughout Florida,” Bullock said. “Minto is not a land speculator and would not have purchased a beach tract without an end game in sight.”

That is very true, yet these zoning folks and planners should not drag their feet because they believe it is "in the bag". The saying is "don't look a gift horse in the mouth" and the fact is the is development is a gift for the economy of daytona beach - it will bring a truly massive economic benefit to the area. They need to push this forward, secure the deal and not make assumptions.

I have no idea why but my google alerts did not find this article. Annoying. Thanks for posting it - I have a new completed article on the company and I need moderately rewrite to incorporate this updated info. Regardless, the situation still looks very positive - and I am not ruling out the land will not close in 2015 if the City planners stop dragging their feet - IMO the delay is a risk to the areas economy, and not professional on their part.
    Jun 6, 2015. 05:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment