Nat Stewart

View Nat Stewart's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Nathan's Famous: It's Officially Time To Get Out And Fast [View article]
    Do you have any references for the notion that the company might offer healthy or vegan products? Would be interested in reading.
    Jun 14, 2015. 01:31 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Alliance Resource Partners: Answering Questions About Its Debt And Distribution [View article]
    Looking for insight from any of the very informed AHGP/ARLP followers.

First Q. I had though that a potential combination of the two securities would see ARLP buying out AHGP to retire the IDR's. Is this correct or am I wrong? Would it actually be AHGP buy the ARLP units?

Second Q. Lets say coal prices do stay flat or go down in a negative scenario. Wouldn't we see the positive leverage benefits of AHGP's IDR's going in reverse? I am not at all predicting this, just wondering other opinions on lesser probability negative case scenarios relative to IDR impact.
    Jun 14, 2015. 11:59 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Consolidated-Tomoka - Why I See 70% Potential Upside Over The Next 12 Months [View article]
    Thank you for bringing that historical example to our attention. Sounds very interesting as it very closely matches what is going on here. I will try to find information about it, sounds like it would provide a useful case study. Thanks for commenting.
    Jun 14, 2015. 07:50 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Female Health Company Transitioning To New Strategy, But Receiving Legacy Business Valuation [View article]
    Not impressed. I have attempted to call the company multiple times, emailed, etc with my questions. No one ever gets back to me. Their investor presentations are not very good - very flat. The aesthetics of their stuff is not very good. I don't see anything they put out that could alter consumer perceptions about the product. Most of what I see looks 20 years out of date. Product is not made to look desirable - out of touch, preachy, silly, annoying. Nothing done to raise the social status of the product or idea. They need to try harder and stop wasting shareholder money with a lack of results.
    Jun 13, 2015. 10:21 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    The Volusia County vote yesterday (JUNE 11) was a unanimous 7-0 vote in favor of the 2.5M grant.

One of the council-members stated, "“Volusia County is open for business.”

Counsel Member Daniels stated:

"That area [the area around proposed Tomoka Town Center] is the future of Daytona Beach – the land that is out there, the development that is out there, it is the thing that is really going to make Daytona Beach what it ought to be, it truly is the future – glad you guys are here, and we wish you the greatest success”

It looks to me like Tanger Outlet mall is on very solid footing to proceed, it is great news.
    Jun 12, 2015. 01:03 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • CTO: Huge Hidden Value, Major Catalysts Imminent [View article]

One of the council-members stated, "“Volusia County is open for business.”

Counsel Member Daniels stated:

"That area [the area around proposed Tomoka town center] is the future of Daytona Beach – the land that is out there, the development that is out there, it is the thing that is really going to make Daytona Beach what it ought to be, it truly is the future – glad you guys are here, and we wish you the greatest success”
    Jun 12, 2015. 01:01 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Here's Why I'm Selling Solarcity, And Why I'm Buying Interactive Brokers [View article]
    I will stick with being long IBKR, no need for a pair trade - though the connection u made is somewhat creative (interest rate impact).
    Jun 12, 2015. 10:56 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Reis Inc.: Wide-Moat Business At An Attractive Valuation [View article]
    Good article, and a great little company. One somewhat hidden element to keep in mind is that the cash flow for quite some time will actually be higher than it appears based on net income or earnings statements.

As of the last 10K, the company had $61M of Net Operating Losses to work through - So what appears to be tax expense will actually mostly be a non-cash charge to mark down the value of its tax asset. U can see that by comparing the income statement with the cash flow statement.
    Jun 12, 2015. 10:43 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • National Beverage Corporation: A 6 Point Inspection [View article]
    I agree, it has a delicious aroma and taste. Huge amount of innovation in the pipeline too, as documented in their last annual report. People are still underestimating the value of being the market leading sparkling water, IMO. The world is changing in LaCroix's direction.
    Jun 11, 2015. 11:20 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks David. Remember though, the conversion process itself via 1031 exchange of undervalued land and the elimination of the Deferred tax liability on a REIT conversion will also create allot of value. I wanted to include the Albright biographical material because I think the human side of the story is the most important to the company's future. David Winters, of Wintergreen Fund also deserves allot of credit for his effective activism.
    Jun 11, 2015. 10:31 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • SWK Holdings - There Are Riches In Niches [View article]
    Good article. It is a very interesting opportunity to invest in an asset class that is typically off limits to individual or small investors. Have you read anywhere what level of leverage they would find optimal? I'm not sure I have seen that. Considering the tax advantaged compounding of cash flows, Solid ROI when fully invested, the unique, less correlated quality of the underlying business, i think it should end up at a healthy premium to book value. the uplist and their choice of reverse split size will be interesting as well. The guys running it seem to be stand-up guys.
    Jun 10, 2015. 07:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Pone, I understood that this stock does not fit your methodology after your first comment. I don't care. Please don't comment again, it wastes my time.
    Jun 10, 2015. 03:43 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    This is not my complete thesis, it is an update. I happen to like areas where other investors see to much uncertainty. That to me creates opportunity.
    Jun 10, 2015. 03:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks William. As an Investor, having Albright and his team working for us (shareholders) leaves me with a very good feeling about the future.
    Jun 10, 2015. 10:45 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • I'm Not Buying The Panic, This 9% MLP Yield Is Secure [View article]
    "actually it's a bit more complicated than that. You also have what's called "variance drain", aka volatility drag. That disadvantage is more pronounced when you trade frequently."

Where do you think the money lost here ends up going?
    Jun 9, 2015. 01:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment