Nathan Gantz

View Nathan Gantz's Comments BY TICKER:
  • 3 Tesla Reasons To Buy SolarCity [View article]

“If we only do it on the transportation side, we ignore the utility side, and we are probably ignoring half of our responsibility,” said Mateo Jaramillo, director of powertrain business development at Tesla Motors, at the recent Platts California Power and Gas Conference in San Francisco.
    Dec 5, 2014. 09:32 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Report: BMW to pass on Tesla Motors investment [View news story]
    There's only one company in the world known for rewarding people who take smart risks on projects, even when they fail (Google.) BMW might be one of those companies that deserve the reputation and just don't receive it -- but most likely not. Going through the motions of considering an investment in Tesla allows a group of execs at BMW to tell supervisors and stockholders that they are being proactive in keeping up with disruption, without actually taking the risks inherent to being disruptive in actuality.
    Nov 28, 2014. 05:42 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tesla's Quarter: Yet More Delays And Push-Outs [View article]
    Valueseeker, I am curious. When longs sell, does this cause a lower stock price? I assume you will agree the answer is "unequivocally, yes."

Mathematically, can you explain how the supply/demand setting of a market price differentiates between a share which is sold by a long versus a share which is sold by a short?
    Nov 6, 2014. 12:53 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The History Of Pandora's Defenestration [View article]

on minimalism
    Oct 4, 2014. 03:08 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 50% Profit In Futuristic Growth [View article]
    Hi :)

Lots of design geeks here

Article written by THE MODERNIST so we must credit Dwell for "waving" in the early August -- which set the tone for late August when this was published.

Oct 4, 2014. 01:58 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How Google Could Take Over Jobs In The Future [View article]
    My views on the "middle class" have evolved. That said...

The core thesis of appreciating technology over personalities (in the context of productive allocation) is unassailable.
    Sep 16, 2014. 03:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Taking A Gamble With Earnings [View article]
    Thanks.
    Sep 13, 2014. 03:50 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Believe The Hype, GoPro Is For Real [View article]
    Let's do a thought experiment. Let's say I bought SodaStream around the IPO. I want to go long GoPro but for some reason it feels eerily familiar. Why should I go ahead anyway?
    Jul 21, 2014. 10:25 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Taking A Gamble With Earnings [View article]
    Dr Acs,

Please share everything you believe regarding ISRG qualitatively.

All the best,

A guy with braces.
    Jul 21, 2014. 03:53 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tesla: Secret Bullish Guidance In Plain Sight? [View article]
    Author's Pick
    Jul 17, 2014. 03:25 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Tesla Reasons To Buy SolarCity [View article]
    wiserinvestor, i think you would enjoy reading

seekingalpha. com/author/john-petersen

much more than any of my writing :)
    Jul 6, 2014. 01:03 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Apple Acquiring Tesla Makes Sense [View article]
    If anything Lenovo will buy Apple soon!
    Jul 4, 2014. 11:39 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Rise Of The Machines: Why A Robot May Be Your Next Surgeon, And How You Can Benefit [View article]
    robotic surgery will take off--there is absolutely no question--however it's hard to predict how many companies will sustainably profit from it.
    Jun 17, 2014. 08:22 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Tesla Reasons To Buy SolarCity [View article]
    By the way, Musk has generally advocated less subsidy for companies except in the realm of government-type fundamental R&D.
    Jun 11, 2014. 05:28 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Tesla Reasons To Buy SolarCity [View article]
    I don't mean to be rude but I have spent a lot of time doing this with stocks, more than it appears by my article count, and I feel like you missed my point about relative valuation. I must apologize but I have lost patience with this exchange.
    Jun 11, 2014. 03:08 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment