Nathaniel Matherson

View Nathaniel Matherson's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Monitise Stands To Benefit From E-Gift Popularity [View article]
    MONI.L is the ticker the company trades under in London. MONIF is the ticker the company trades under in the U.S. on the OTC market.

I called and talked to the company. They told me that they don't sponsor the OTC listing, instead it was created by market makers in the U.S. to enable investment from American investors.

Yes, the two should trade together, pull up a long term chart. There is some currency exposure from what I understand though.
    Jan 1 06:26 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Monitise Stands To Benefit From E-Gift Popularity [View article]
    Oh ok.

Well, I do know some of the brokerage firms offer this service to their customers. I would reach out to client services and ask them about a gift transfer.
    Dec 27 02:33 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Monitise Stands To Benefit From E-Gift Popularity [View article]
    It should be noted I am long the stock. Been noted in my other articles but there must of been some error here. I'll let the editors know so they can correct the disclosure.
    Dec 26 04:36 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Monitise Stands To Benefit From E-Gift Popularity [View article]
    Sorry I don't understand the question?
    Dec 26 04:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Monitise Stands To Benefit From E-Gift Popularity [View article]
    Exactly, the company is fairly large at this point, hence the typical penny pump phenomenon isn't as likely. I would be weary to put to much into any particular stock within a portfolio.
    Dec 26 04:33 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Monitise Stands To Benefit From E-Gift Popularity [View article]
    In the U.S. Green Dot has been working on a mobile banking and payments product. Management really hasn't been clear on the success up to this point.

Just from looking at the industry, PayPal looks the biggest.
    Dec 26 12:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Cooperman: Monitise Is Still A Top Pick [View article]
    As far as labeling the company a "penny stock", I don't agree. With over $1 billion in market capitalization it should just be labeled a small cap.
    Dec 21 01:52 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Monitise: An Updated Look [View article]
    Yes! Advertising is key in my opinion. From what I've read, the company has the ability to geotarget ads to consumers directly through push notifications. You combine that with mobile payment and mobile credit/giftcards, the full stop shop.
    Aug 15 07:10 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Yelp: At All Time High Search Interest [View article]
    While I am not saying that Yelp is by any means a value play, nor I can correlate search trends with revenues, I thought it would be interesting to share this data with SA readers. I am currently testing to see if search interest data and price movements have a decent correlation. I will share the data once I can make a determination.

Nate
    Jul 30 09:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Yelp: At All Time High Search Interest [View article]
    @Teodor Rasa

That's odd, I'll email seeking alpha in a bit to see if they can resolve the issue with the charts. You can re-create them at the link I provided at the end of the article.

Nate
    Jul 30 09:44 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Omega Protein: Even More Trouble Ahead [View article]
    @Beardaddy

I saw the Omega 3 update on CNBC, it was definitely interesting that the researchers said there were absolutely no proven benefits, just risks. I'm rethinking my fish oil supplement going forward.
    Jul 16 11:06 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Blackberry Search Interest [View article]
    Hi oneinfiniteloop,

This article was actually submitted on Seeking Alpha before the earnings release, publication occurred just after w/ minor updates. After the huge drop, Blackberry looks pretty cheap as mentioned in my article you highlighted. Perhaps emerging markets will be the future of this company? I really like MONIF(or MONI.L) as a play on the underbanked population. You should check out my in depth article regarding MONIF here on Seeking Alpha.

Nate
    Jul 13 11:24 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Goodbye My Iced Lemon Pound Cake [View article]
    Jul 4 04:07 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Pacific Sunwear Of California: Overvalued And Undercapitalized [View article]
    Hi Conrad,

I have found it useful on a few occasions recently, particularly in very competitive markets. While doing the article I did do a search for "Pacific Sunwear" which is at all time lows. I just did the "PacSun" search and you are correct, all time highs, great insight, one that should be included. Thanks!

Nate