Nathaniel Matherson

View Nathaniel Matherson's Comments BY TICKER:
  • PayPal's Hidden Jewel [View article]
    Download
    Venmo and tell me that the interface is not simple and user-friendly. That is the exact reason why they have been able to build a foothold. Not to mention, Venmo is cross platform and device now. No just Apple. Not just smartphone.
    Jul 22, 2015. 10:43 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • PayPal's Hidden Jewel [View article]
    Thanks for the comment and info. I'll have to do some research on INTERAC. Haven't heard of email transfer before.

That $1.50 fee has got to add up over time..
    Jul 22, 2015. 10:40 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • PayPal's Hidden Jewel [View article]
    Yes, I very much like the Braintree portfolio of assets. Great acquisition. Thanks for reading!
    Jul 22, 2015. 10:39 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • PayPal's Hidden Jewel [View article]
    It sounds like you may have gotten some spam.
    I've never had any dishonesty from PayPal. I'd double check that those emails were actually sent from the company. Maybe even reach out to their customer support.
    Thanks for reading!
    Jul 21, 2015. 02:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • PayPal's Hidden Jewel [View article]
    I can't say I have. I haven't spent too much time with Facebook messenger.
    I'll keep my eye out.
    Thanks for reading!
    Jul 21, 2015. 02:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • PayPal's Hidden Jewel [View article]
    Thanks for your comment! Thanks for reading! Good luck to both of us.
    Jul 21, 2015. 02:10 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • PayPal's Hidden Jewel [View article]
    I agree that PayPal and Venmo are very similar in terms of technology. And, I bet we will see an integration between the two companies.

I believe Venmo just beat PayPal mobile in terms of user acquisition. Venmo is the first mobile payment application that I've actually seen catch on. Going to college on the east coast, and growing up in CA, I've seen Venmo take over on both coasts.

Perhaps Venmo could become a customer acquisition tool for the greater PayPal brand. It is too soon to tell if Venmo is just a fad. But I firmly believe that Venmo is here to stay. Any app that becomes a verb "Venmoing" is powerful.
    Jul 21, 2015. 02:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • PayPal's Hidden Jewel [View article]
    Great question. I actually have PayPal mobile too.
    I'm not sure I can tell you why Venmo has become popular where as PayPal mobile has not. This might not be a great answer.. but Venmo just makes it so easy. Venmo just beat PayPal mobile in terms of customer acquisition.
    Jul 21, 2015. 02:05 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • PayPal's Hidden Jewel [View article]
    Hi Hopeful17,

I use my debit card 99% of the time and pay zero fees. That being said, I did use my credit card one time for a larger purchase.

The Facebook factor is fun, but not the reason I use Venmo today. Venmo is the definition of convenient. That is why my generation has taken a liking to Venmo. Facebook just got the word out.

Thanks for reading my article! And thank you for your comment.
    Jul 21, 2015. 02:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • PayPal's Hidden Jewel [View article]
    Me too! Good luck to both of us. Thanks for reading my article.
    Jul 21, 2015. 01:23 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • PayPal's Hidden Jewel [View article]
    I believe Venmo's FB integration has been essential to their success. Everytime a FB friend joins Venmo I get a new notification. It is easy to see and find who is on Venmo. The other mobile payment applications haven't embraced social media the way Venmo has.

In the beginning, Venmo would even share your payments across FB. This made for some good laughs.. :)
    Jul 21, 2015. 01:22 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Monitise Stands To Benefit From E-Gift Popularity [View article]
    MONI.L is the ticker the company trades under in London. MONIF is the ticker the company trades under in the U.S. on the OTC market.

I called and talked to the company. They told me that they don't sponsor the OTC listing, instead it was created by market makers in the U.S. to enable investment from American investors.

Yes, the two should trade together, pull up a long term chart. There is some currency exposure from what I understand though.
    Jan 1, 2014. 06:26 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Monitise Stands To Benefit From E-Gift Popularity [View article]
    Oh ok.

Well, I do know some of the brokerage firms offer this service to their customers. I would reach out to client services and ask them about a gift transfer.
    Dec 27, 2013. 02:33 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Monitise Stands To Benefit From E-Gift Popularity [View article]
    It should be noted I am long the stock. Been noted in my other articles but there must of been some error here. I'll let the editors know so they can correct the disclosure.
    Dec 26, 2013. 04:36 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Monitise Stands To Benefit From E-Gift Popularity [View article]
    Sorry I don't understand the question?
    Dec 26, 2013. 04:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment