Nathaniel Munson

View Nathaniel Munson's Comments BY TICKER:
  • McDonald's to sell chicken wings [View news story]
    I was a manager at McDonald's until about a year ago. McDonald's only uses Martin Brower to supply all its products. Not sure who Martin Brower contracts with, but that's a start for you.
    Aug 26, 2013. 03:42 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Iron Man 3: Another Blockbuster For Disney... Will It Be Its Biggest Yet? [View article]
    I completely agree with you about the Star Wars acquisition. I wrote this article that focused partly on that back when the acquisition was first made. http://seekingalpha.co...
    May 6, 2013. 03:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • MannKind's Afrezza Likely To Fail AFFINITY 1 Phase III Trial [View article]
    I made my wife read it too. She's the biology major, I'm the business major!
    Apr 12, 2013. 09:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Seeking Alpha Experiment: Portfolio Introduction And 2013 Quarter 1 Review [View article]
    Great article. I'm gonna follow you so make sure to keep me up to date with those stock talks. I can tell you put a lot of hard work into this article. Best of luck and I look forward to more articles about this in the future. Thanks!
    Apr 12, 2013. 09:13 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • MannKind's Afrezza Likely To Fail AFFINITY 1 Phase III Trial [View article]
    I printed Joe's article after making him about $20 with how many times I went back to read it!
    Apr 12, 2013. 04:43 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • MannKind's Afrezza Likely To Fail AFFINITY 1 Phase III Trial [View article]
    Maybe this article will scare people so the stock price will drop and I can buy more :)
    Apr 11, 2013. 09:56 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Biotech: Hedging While Speculating [View article]
    Haha, no problem Joe. This is basically the child of your article. So that makes it your grandchild-article. That means you can take it out for ice cream and buy it lots of presents at Christmas
    Apr 2, 2013. 09:07 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Biotech: Hedging While Speculating [View article]
    I agree with you 100% yazzbro. I'm going more in on the next pullback. It had a great run today but I expect it will drop tomorrow and remain steady over at least the next week. Cheers as well!
    Apr 2, 2013. 09:01 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Biotech: Hedging While Speculating [View article]
    The article was originally sent back to me with "edits required." That's why the chart for Isis is a little behind, probably about two weeks. Sorry about that

As far as how good a company it is, I have not researched it enough to make an investment decision on it. I only presented it as a warning of what can happen to the share price if bad press about a drug leaks out. I also used it as a contrast to Acadia and MannKind to show that the impact one drug will have on a more developed company is lesser than the impact it would have on a "one drug wonder" company. It did rise by quite a bit, but not to the extent that MannKind and Acadia did.

No stocks were recommended in the article as that was not the focus. I am long MNKD because I do know enough about that company to make an informed decision. I'm sorry if it looked like I was recommending or cautioning investing in any of these stocks.
    Apr 1, 2013. 10:31 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Biotech: Hedging While Speculating [View article]
    Thanks, likewise. Your article was the one that got me so interested in biotech!
    Mar 29, 2013. 02:46 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Biotech: Hedging While Speculating [View article]
    Haha, I guess you have a point, maybe it would have been more appropriate to title the article "Biotech: A Little Bit of Hedging While Speculating a Lot." And I do agree that the second half of your shares would not be protected in any way. I was just trying to present an option that would be less likely to leave you in the negatives.
    Mar 29, 2013. 12:02 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • How Profitable Is Ultra-Deepwater Drilling? Very [View article]
    Power Hedge,

Great article. I was wondering if you know how long the average UDW floater lasts?
    Mar 7, 2013. 06:10 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Stay Rational: Speculating On Dell [View article]

Southeastern has hired a proxy solicitor to get more votes. They're serious about getting this blocked
    Feb 27, 2013. 02:46 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The Dell Dilemma [View article]
    Ah, that means the odds are more in our favor. Very good!
    Feb 14, 2013. 05:37 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Dell Dilemma [View article]
    excellent job of promoting your article too, haha
    Feb 14, 2013. 03:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment