Nathaniel Munson

View Nathaniel Munson's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Dell (DELL +0.8%) rises to $13.90 after sources tell dealReporter Michael Dell and Silver Laker might increase their LBO offer in response to growing shareholder opposition to the current $13.65/share deal. Count Topeka's Brian White among those who see a higher bid eventually arriving. [View news story]
    Completely agree with that. That's why I posted my car online for $800, so somebody could talk me down to $600
    Feb 14 10:30 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple: The $200 Billion Question [View article]
    I do understand that market capitalization is not tied to the value of the physical company. I realize that it is simply what investors perceive the company to be worth. But now I also realize, from all the comments on the article and messages I have gotten from people, that the market capitalization is not "actual" money. I always knew how the Fed and bank system operated as far as creating money and destroying it through loans and payments, but I never applied it to the stock market in this aspect.
    Feb 13 11:44 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple: The $200 Billion Question [View article]
    I have found all the comments about market capitalization very helpful. Thanks to everyone who helped to educate me in this area!
    Feb 12 09:32 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Disney: The Force Is Strong With This One [View article]
    That's a very good point, and very true about our nature. We will do anything to avoid admitting defeat, even if it costs us a great deal.
    Feb 11 05:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple: The $200 Billion Question [View article]
    Exactly, somebody has the money, it doesn't just go away
    Feb 11 10:00 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple: The $200 Billion Question [View article]
    I read an article specifically about how a government contractor was modifying iPads for secure use in the government. I think it might be possible to to do the same with iPhones. It doesn't give any specifics but here's the article if you're interested.

Feb 11 09:53 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple: The $200 Billion Question [View article]
    Hmm, I'll have to look into that further. I was under the impression that the 5 had better margins. But that is a great point about HD, it doesn't matter, it's still a great sale.
    Feb 11 09:49 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple: The $200 Billion Question [View article]
    Why aren't you writing articles? That sounds like the premise of one right there!
    Feb 11 09:48 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple: The $200 Billion Question [View article]
    Someone else has your $200...
    Feb 11 09:27 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple: The $200 Billion Question [View article]
    haha, ya know what they say though, "don't fight the markets"
    Feb 11 08:28 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Disney: The Force Is Strong With This One [View article]
    haha, thank you very much
    Feb 9 09:15 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Disney: The Force Is Strong With This One [View article]
    Cue millions of teen girls screaming "Edward and Robert!" as Disney announces that they will be creating six more twilight movies... I think you're right though, that could become pretty profitable for them.
    Feb 5 06:31 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Disney: The Force Is Strong With This One [View article]
    Thanks for reading. It's always great to hear positive feedback!
    Feb 4 12:32 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Disney: The Force Is Strong With This One [View article]
    That's true. I wish I had time to go into all the detail about every aspect of their business, but it is quite vast.
    Feb 3 04:14 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bank Of America: Still Too Big To Fail? [View article]
    With the recent drama surrounding adjustable mortgages, people have become more aware of their downsides. No logically thinking person would take an adjustable rate mortgage with rates like these. I could be wrong, but you'd have to be pretty naive to go for one of those nowadays. My opinion. You may know more than I do though.
    Feb 1 03:53 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment