Nathaniel Munson

View Nathaniel Munson's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • MannKind's Afrezza Likely To Fail AFFINITY 1 Phase III Trial [View article]
    Maybe this article will scare people so the stock price will drop and I can buy more :)
    Apr 11, 2013. 09:56 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Job gains of 175K beat forecasts; UE rate up to 6.7% [View news story]
    Could be more people are looking for work now. If people aren't looking for work, they're not considered part of the work force and therefore the unemployment number doesn't count them. That's also a good sign though, it means people think they have a chance again. The problem of people dropping out of the workforce is one of the reasons the Federal Reserve has moved away from using the unemployment rate as its major indicator of how the economy is doing.
    Mar 7, 2014. 09:09 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Seeking Alpha Experiment: Portfolio Introduction And 2013 Quarter 1 Review [View article]
    Great article. I'm gonna follow you so make sure to keep me up to date with those stock talks. I can tell you put a lot of hard work into this article. Best of luck and I look forward to more articles about this in the future. Thanks!
    Apr 12, 2013. 09:13 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple: The $200 Billion Question [View article]
    I do understand that market capitalization is not tied to the value of the physical company. I realize that it is simply what investors perceive the company to be worth. But now I also realize, from all the comments on the article and messages I have gotten from people, that the market capitalization is not "actual" money. I always knew how the Fed and bank system operated as far as creating money and destroying it through loans and payments, but I never applied it to the stock market in this aspect.
    Feb 13, 2013. 11:44 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple: The $200 Billion Question [View article]
    Why aren't you writing articles? That sounds like the premise of one right there!
    Feb 11, 2013. 09:48 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple: The $200 Billion Question [View article]
    I read an article specifically about how a government contractor was modifying iPads for secure use in the government. I think it might be possible to to do the same with iPhones. It doesn't give any specifics but here's the article if you're interested.

Feb 11, 2013. 09:53 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple: The $200 Billion Question [View article]
    Hmm, I'll have to look into that further. I was under the impression that the 5 had better margins. But that is a great point about HD, it doesn't matter, it's still a great sale.
    Feb 11, 2013. 09:49 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bank Of America: Still Too Big To Fail? [View article]
    Seeing as the Fed has promised to keep interest rates at this level for another 2 years at least, I think that even if that scenario you stated is correct, we still have those two years of growth, and could sell on news that interest rates are going up. However, I agree with biobat below that when interest rates go up, banks will actually be in a stronger position as they can charge more for their loans even if they are paying more in interest to their depositors.
    Jan 28, 2013. 11:23 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bank Of America: Still Too Big To Fail? [View article]
    Thank you for reading. Your sarcasm is greatly appreciated. The overall thrust of the article was to prove that Bank of America is a good buy right now, but the charts indicate that it might be an even better buy in a couple of days or weeks. It all depends on how low the individual investor feels it will go. We all obviously want to buy low and sell high, some just want to buy lower.
    Jan 26, 2013. 04:32 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bank Of America: Still Too Big To Fail? [View article]
    Agreed. $11 isn't a lot compared to the other big banks in the $30-$40 range
    Jan 26, 2013. 04:29 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Walt Disney gives financial backing to struggling Euro Disney [View news story]
    I think he means EuroDisney's stock. It is tanking because it's kind of like EuroDisney is asking for a bailout.
    Oct 6, 2014. 09:34 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • McDonald's: Get Back To The Mission [View article]
    It's not an entirely bad idea to have salad's on the menu, but the way they do it now is not working. I was a department manager at a couple of stores in MA for a while. The salads aren't very good, take a lot of time to make, only last for eight hours after preparing them, and don't last very long before there prepared either. I think a cheaper salad, with less in-store preparation would go over quite a bit better and have less of an impact operationally. My bigger point I guess was that McDonald's needs to get back to their core mission of serving customer's fast, and any product that hinders that needs to go (or be fixed). Again, salad's not a bad idea altogether.
    Feb 10, 2014. 08:36 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • McDonald's to sell chicken wings [View news story]
    I was a manager at McDonald's until about a year ago. McDonald's only uses Martin Brower to supply all its products. Not sure who Martin Brower contracts with, but that's a start for you.
    Aug 26, 2013. 03:42 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • MannKind's Afrezza Likely To Fail AFFINITY 1 Phase III Trial [View article]
    I printed Joe's article after making him about $20 with how many times I went back to read it!
    Apr 12, 2013. 04:43 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Biotech: Hedging While Speculating [View article]
    I agree with you 100% yazzbro. I'm going more in on the next pullback. It had a great run today but I expect it will drop tomorrow and remain steady over at least the next week. Cheers as well!
    Apr 2, 2013. 09:01 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment