Nawar Alsaadi

View Nawar Alsaadi's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • Schlumberger Outlines Future Roadmap To Gasfrac [View article]
    Yes Chevron has both a direct and indirect interest in seeing Gasfrac succeed; their direct interest is related to their role in developing the gelled propane; their indirect interest is in them benefiting from better fracking technology being offered in the market place.

Chevron's endorsement of LPG fracking in their annual report supplement (http://seekingalpha.co...) is a big vote of confidence in the technology Gasfrac developed to pump the LPG fluid.

Apr 22 01:23 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gasfrac Energy: Fractured Dreams And The U.S. Potential [View article]
    mapp; all their revenues are tight to liquid rich gas and oil, this has been the case since early 2011. Their issues as a I highlighted in the article has been mostly related to some execution errors by the previous team; and the adoption curve required for a new technology to take hold.

Apr 17 12:13 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gasfrac Energy: The Intel Of Fracturing? [View article]
    Actually the focus of the article was on the licensing business, and not this quarter results. The company did mention in the past that 1H of 2012 will be quite slow.

In support of the article however, the press release seems to indicate further partnerships to be signed:

"We signed our first long term Technology Solutions Agreement in the US and are working toward implementing several more similar arrangements this year. "

Apr 9 06:50 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gasfrac Energy: The Intel Of Fracturing? [View article]
    I appreciate your feedback, but I am long the stock because I am generally positive about the outlook for the company and the technology; what you see in my articles is my views and why I am invested; if I saw multiple negatives, I wouldn't own it in the first place.

Apr 9 04:21 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gasfrac's Fracturing Process Gets Coveted Chevron Endorsement [View article]
    SM, Gasfrac has filed international patents to protect its process, I am unsure how many have been issued, but they are certainly working to protect themselves abroad.

My understanding is that should they be selected to work in South Africa, they would go there in co-ordination with Shell to service this particular project and not necessarily to establish a permanent base of operations.

Internationally there are a lot of basins that lack access to fresh water for fracking; I believe longer term this could be a key growth driver for the company, and another reason why a larger service provider maybe interested in acquiring them.

Mar 27 06:01 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gasfrac Energy: The Prize Of Waterless Fracturing [View article]
    Good observation. The big players however don't have a licence nor have the tools to pump liquid petroleum gas in the formation. Major companies in any industry have often purchased smaller competitors if they offered them a technological or commercial edge. Gasfrac wont be any different.

Mar 20 09:04 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gasfrac Energy: New Evidence Of Superior Production Results [View article]
    Renzo; going overseas is still more of a medium/long term proposition; they still have a lot to do in North America. When I asked the management about overseas projects; they said they would probably do it with a partner or at the request of specific major like Shell project in Karoo South Africa. I don't believe SLB or HAL will opt for a licence, I think they will acquire the whole company and expand it overseas themselves.

Feb 11 05:04 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gasfrac Energy: New Evidence Of Superior Production Results [View article]
    Thank you Old Trader. I have read your article, I think you did a good job pointing the environmental advantages of the technology.

In my conversations with the company management it seems what is driving business for them currently is their superior production and EUR in certain basins; the environmental benefits remain a positive but not a driver; I believe this will change in the next few years, but for the time being, it is all about more production/ more $$$ for those operators.

In terms of environmental advantages, I think the fact that they don't use any water will be beneficial in international basins that lack access to enough fracking water (such as the shale oil in the western desert of Argentina, the shale gas in the desert of Mexico and South Africa, the shale gas in the desert of China or the Mid-east) all those areas have issues with water; but they have significant oil and gas shale reserves.

Eventually toughened environmental regulation in North America for waste water and CO2 emissions will also encourage LPG fracking; as well as possibly the lack of water in certain basins like west Texas.

Feb 11 03:22 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gasfrac Energy: New Evidence Of Superior Production Results [View article]
    Indeed John, often if you need to know the truth about a product or a company you should ask the competition. The BHI assessment of LPG fracking is very telling. I might add Trican CFO, also confirmed in an industry conference that Gasfrac process works quite well in a number of basins.

I have done extensive research on this company, and it is indisputable that LPG fracking increases production and EUR in a number of formations.

Feb 11 09:48 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gasfrac Energy: New Evidence Of Superior Production Results [View article]
    John.

The gelled propane process was developed in the late 90s with oil trading at the low teens; fracturing was not as wide spread; shale gas and shale oil were not part of the picture. Chevron/Hal did not have a process to fracture with gelled propane; a whole new system needed to be built from the ground up. The engineer who worked with Chevron eventually licensed the process and started Gasfrac in Canada in 2006; in 2008 the first LPG frac was undertaken under the supervision of Schlumberger, it was a success.

So basically, Chevron and Halliburton did not have access to LPG fracking; at the time the only thing they had is the formula to make gel propane; it took 10 years before Gasfrac developed the closed nitrogen loop system and the process to inject the gel with proppants in order to frack safely and effectively.

Feb 11 09:42 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gasfrac Energy: New Evidence Of Superior Production Results [View article]
    Hi Renzo.

I am glad my articles have been of interest. Currently 100% of Gasfrac revenues are related to liquids (either crude or liquid rich gas); the company has not been involved in dry gas fracking for sometime now due the prolonged weakness in natural gas prices over the last few years.

Feb 10 05:19 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Frac Facts [View article]
    Thank you for the article.

One way to deal with the water issue is waterless fracking done with LPG by Gasfrac; I have written extensively on this company on Seeking Alpha and I believe it is part of the solution.

Feb 10 04:31 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • C&J Energy: America's Cheapest Oil Services Stock [View article]
    This is a great article; I am usually cautious of water frackers (my largest position is Gasfrac); but despite my view on water fracking; this stock seems to be present tremendous value; I also very much agree with the author investment approach at the top of the article.

Jan 29 07:59 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gasfrac: Superior Production Results [View article]
    Firstly thank you for your kind words; I am glad those posts have been useful and informative.

In regards to the higher initial cost, I understand your concern, while O&G companies are sensitive to cost, they are also interested in increased production and increased reserves, if you have to pay more for an LPG fracked well, but report a significant increase in production and an increase in the life of your reserves, you will go for the Gasfrac solution regardless of the higher initial cost; only a short sighted management will purposely lower production and diminish reserves in return for a lower fracking cash cost. The Gasfrac solution offer a lower total cost solution; this is the real benchmark that counts.

Another reason for using Gasfrac is not related to cost, it is related to the technical nature of the reservoir; there are several basins where water fracking is not even an option due to the fact that the reservoir is water sensitive (meaning the injected water could damage the reservoir and hamper production), The Colorado shale is an example of such basins, areas to the west of the Permian Basin in another example; there are also other basins with low pressure or extremely tight where water fracking is not effective such as frederick brook shale in eastern Canada; and finally you have oil and gas in arid areas where there is no access to water for fracking.

There are many economic, technical and environmental reasons why an operator may choose Gasfrac.

Jan 16 01:16 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gasfrac Energy Services: Fracturing Game Changer [View article]
    You are right my bad, the correct US symbol is GSFVF.PK; I trade the stock on the TSX however, if you have access to that market, the liquidity there is much better.

Jan 4 12:51 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment