Ned W. Brines, CFA, is the Founder and Chief Investment Officer of Montelena Asset Management, LLC, a California based investment advisor. Prior to founding MAM, Mr. Brines served from 2001-2008 as the portfolio manager of the Provident Investment Counsel small cap fund. From 1994-2001 Mr. Brines served as a portfolio manager and analyst at Roger Engemann & Associates. Prior to completing his MBA at the University of Southern California, Mr. Brines spent six years as an investment banker focused on mergers and acquisitions and corporate restructuring. Mr. Brines has also achieved the Chartered Financial Analyst designation, is a member of the Beta Gamma Sigma national honor society, and serves on various non-profit ...More boards and organizations.
- Description: Mutual fund manager. Trading frequency: Infrequent
- Interests: Stocks - long, Stocks - short, Tech stocks
Montelena Asset Management This weekly letter is written by a successful, experienced portfolio manager. The focus is on key items impacting the market and the economy, and it is written in a concise, irreverent style. The purpose of the note is to interpret complex market data to help readers make asset allocation and market exposure ...More
decisions. The current reader base is primarily composed of other portfolio mangers, street analysts, corporate CEO and CFOs, and institutional investors. The readers contribute real world data for the benefit of other readers, typically confidentially given the nature of their positions.
Currently, there are no book details for Ned Brines.
Latest Comments more »
- I'd like to make a correcti... on Weekly Market Notes: Housing on Life Support
- The states are acting much ... on Weekly Market Outlook: Credit Crisis Part Deux
- that's what happens at 1:00... on Weekly Market Outlook: Credit Crisis Part Deux
- Dan-my point about individu... on Weekly Market Notes: Why All the Complacency?
- I guess this is a philosoph... on Weekly Market Notes: Why All the Complacency?
Latest comments on Ned's Articles