Neoclassical Economist

View Neoclassical Economist's Comments BY TICKER:
  • 4 Safer REITs For The Diversified Portfolio [View article]
    thanks kelly. REITs are simply my favorite investments. I missed out on GOV last week and now the price is 5% higher.
    Oct 22, 2011. 08:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Stocks With Volatility Built In [View article]
    Thanks for the clarification, LV. The distinction between Class A and B shares is always a little confusing, since one also has to figure out the process of converting from B to A.
    Oct 22, 2011. 07:59 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Stocks With Volatility Built In [View article]
    The majority of that book value is reported to be cash & equivalents.
    Oct 22, 2011. 07:56 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Stocks With Volatility Built In [View article]
    Google and Yahoo Finance are often incorrect on number of shares, market caps, etc. According to their own site, LinkedIn has 9.04 mill shares outstanding, not 97 million shares.
    Oct 17, 2011. 07:31 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 4 Safer REITs For The Diversified Portfolio [View article]
    Government leases are typically for a minimum of 4 years. The Fed Govt is among the safest tenant you can find, and is way better than having Solyndra or RIM as a tenant. Of course some risk of space reduction exists but that should not be a major impact on GOV's income stream.
    Oct 17, 2011. 07:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Overvalued Stocks To Sell Or Sell Short [View article]
    Agreed on CRM and LNKD. In fact LNKD is already one of the most shorted stocks out there. I think lots of volatility is in store for it.

Good piece and quite entertaining. But I would have liked to see more financial analysis about these 3 offenders besides their P/E ratios.
    Oct 12, 2011. 05:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Top 10 Most Shorted Solar Stocks [View article]
    I stopped following GTAT months ago when their price went up to over $12/share since I didn't see much upside from those levels. But this is a solid company that is getting more diversified with LED & sapphire technologies, and from what I recall it has a lot of institutional ownership (which can be good or bad). At its current price it is looking like a good buy for the long haul, but short term it could still go down another 10%-20%.
    Sep 29, 2011. 05:51 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Invesco Mortgage Capital's 25% Yield Is Just A Smokescreen [View article]
    Putting aside the superficial analysis and the incorrect yield in the TITLE of the article, I'm still unclear about the smokescreen reference regarding the yield. What is the smokescreen (high yield) concealing?
    Sep 28, 2011. 02:24 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Top 10 Most Shorted Solar Stocks [View article]
    I have not followed YGE closely. I've been following JASO, TSL and LDK for a long time. I remember like it was yesterday when LDK hit $50 after hours in 2008 and now it's at $3 and change. It's simply unbelievable.
    Sep 27, 2011. 12:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Top 10 Most Shorted Solar Stocks [View article]
    If TSL were to beat estimates in Q3 (which might be a long shot), and assuming the short ratio is the same as today, the stock could go to $9 - $10 a share. And this would boost other solar stocks.

However, I don't see a quick recovery for solars, not until average selling prices start going up again.
    Sep 27, 2011. 11:52 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Top 10 Most Shorted Solar Stocks [View article]
    Duc, the info you got on Yahoo is incorrect; $3.32B is wishful thinking. Always check with the company source first. I've used both Google Finance and the LDK website (latest quarterly results press release). Check them out.
    Sep 27, 2011. 11:33 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Top 10 Most Shorted Solar Stocks [View article]
    thanks goodoboy. For insider trades you can go to the SEC website, type in the ticker symbol and check the filings(I believe you wanna look for Forms 3 or 4). Or go to the nasdaq website at http://bit.ly/rdptPF;selected=YGE and then on the left hand side click on SEC Filings.

If you find my article worthwhile, feel free to share it with others and/or follow me.
    Sep 26, 2011. 09:52 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Top 10 Most Shorted Solar Stocks [View article]
    LDK total liabilities ARE around $5.7B. Do your research before posting bad and critical comments like that. http://bit.ly/qWdYUz;fstype=ii# and
    Sep 26, 2011. 07:34 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Top 10 Most Shorted Solar Stocks [View article]
    Thanks Brian. TSL is now at the top of my list to buy, I sure would like to see it in a short squeeze situation.
    Sep 26, 2011. 07:14 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2 High Yielding Dividend Stocks To Stay Away From [View article]
    TICC is a solid stock with very little downside potential. The dividends are relatively safe since the company has almost no debt. The fact that TICC is not raising as much capital as Fifth Street may not necessarily be because they are not able to.
    Sep 21, 2011. 01:12 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment