Neoclassical Economist

View Neoclassical Economist's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Invesco Mortgage Capital's 25% Yield Is Just A Smokescreen [View article]
    Putting aside the superficial analysis and the incorrect yield in the TITLE of the article, I'm still unclear about the smokescreen reference regarding the yield. What is the smokescreen (high yield) concealing?
    Sep 28 02:24 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Top 10 Most Shorted Solar Stocks [View article]
    I have not followed YGE closely. I've been following JASO, TSL and LDK for a long time. I remember like it was yesterday when LDK hit $50 after hours in 2008 and now it's at $3 and change. It's simply unbelievable.
    Sep 27 12:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Top 10 Most Shorted Solar Stocks [View article]
    If TSL were to beat estimates in Q3 (which might be a long shot), and assuming the short ratio is the same as today, the stock could go to $9 - $10 a share. And this would boost other solar stocks.

However, I don't see a quick recovery for solars, not until average selling prices start going up again.
    Sep 27 11:52 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Top 10 Most Shorted Solar Stocks [View article]
    Duc, the info you got on Yahoo is incorrect; $3.32B is wishful thinking. Always check with the company source first. I've used both Google Finance and the LDK website (latest quarterly results press release). Check them out.
    Sep 27 11:33 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Top 10 Most Shorted Solar Stocks [View article]
    thanks goodoboy. For insider trades you can go to the SEC website, type in the ticker symbol and check the filings(I believe you wanna look for Forms 3 or 4). Or go to the nasdaq website at http://bit.ly/rdptPF;selected=YGE and then on the left hand side click on SEC Filings.

If you find my article worthwhile, feel free to share it with others and/or follow me.
    Sep 26 09:52 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Top 10 Most Shorted Solar Stocks [View article]
    LDK total liabilities ARE around $5.7B. Do your research before posting bad and critical comments like that. http://bit.ly/qWdYUz;fstype=ii# and
    Sep 26 07:34 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Top 10 Most Shorted Solar Stocks [View article]
    Thanks Brian. TSL is now at the top of my list to buy, I sure would like to see it in a short squeeze situation.
    Sep 26 07:14 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2 High Yielding Dividend Stocks To Stay Away From [View article]
    TICC is a solid stock with very little downside potential. The dividends are relatively safe since the company has almost no debt. The fact that TICC is not raising as much capital as Fifth Street may not necessarily be because they are not able to.
    Sep 21 01:12 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What's Next For Invesco And Other Mortgage REITs? [View article]
    ah yes, since they did another secondary offering they had to announce the new book value. good point!
    Sep 19 10:48 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What's Next For Invesco And Other Mortgage REITs? [View article]
    joetong, I am using the latest company-published data. Can you provide a link to the source of your statement regarding the $18.xx book value? Tnx.
    Sep 18 11:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What's Next For Invesco And Other Mortgage REITs? [View article]
    Drexion, thanks for your comment. Well, the article did not really provide a direct comparison between IVR and AGNC, even though I included the interest spread for AGNC. Actually, while IVR has some CMBSs and non-agency residential securities, these comprise a rather small portion of its portfolio. The vast majority of IVR's holdings are govt. agency-backed securities, which would make the two reasonably comparable.
    Sep 18 11:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How To Play Auto Companies In The Downturn [View article]
    Thanks Brian. I really like the direction that Ford is taking and the much improved quality of their new fleet. The current price seems attractive but I'm afraid their price has a high covariance with the overall market.
    Sep 15 02:55 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment