New Century

View New Century's Comments BY TICKER:
  • mREITs: Golden Era Or Dark Age? [View article]
    Thank you very much. Before my last few articles, I didn't realize there was such a big community of people on SA interested in income investing/MREITs/etc, so I'll be writing more on the topic in the future. I also have some ideas for some articles on more general economic topics which would likely be appreciated based on the comments to this article... but often those have trouble getting past editors.
    Feb 27 11:18 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • mREITs: Golden Era Or Dark Age? [View article]
    Thank you for that comment.
    Feb 26 11:57 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • "The only thing that matters is the price of gas in California and New York," writes Bruce Krasting, and it's blowing out thanks to dependence on Louisiana crude (which tracks the world benchmark). Forget $4, $5 gas may be coming in states that have the majority of cars (and GDP).  [View news story]
    i think that new york city (metro area) should become it's own state - it would probably help make things better for urbanites and people hundreds of miles away in western NY
    Feb 26 04:14 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    do you happen to be this interviewee?

Feb 26 12:25 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • mREITs' Golden Era Is About To Begin [View article]
    Excellent comment. I've written a follow-up/related article on that topic that is currently pending editor approval.
    Feb 24 09:36 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • mREITs' Golden Era Is Over - Part I [View article]
    readers - check out a different take on this topic here: http://seekingalpha.co...
    Feb 23 08:05 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • mREITs' Golden Era Is Over - Part I [View article]
    I hate to pick on a fellow author, but how does this get passed the "needs more substantial information" filter that my articles need to go through?
    Feb 21 11:20 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Has Zynga Stopped Growing? [View article]
    That's an excellent post on that site, and that information (heavy discounting) isn't something that I was aware of - the only Zynga game I play is WWF on Android so all that I'm familiar with are Zoosk ads that I'm never going to click.
    Feb 20 09:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Number 1 Reason To Avoid Zynga [View article]
    I'll be writing a follow up with some new thoughts post-earnings; hopefully it'll be done and posted by Seeking Alpha by early next week.
    Feb 15 11:20 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Number 1 Reason To Avoid Zynga [View article]
    Thank you for the most constructively critical response on here. I do plan on writing on Zynga in the future, and will elaborate on those points.
    Feb 7 07:37 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Number 1 Reason To Avoid Zynga [View article]
    I agree that there are growth opportunities. But look at something like Tiny Tower - it was created by a 3-person studio, and became commercially successful and critically acclaimed. Yes, Zynga has an established base of soccer moms on Facebook, but even that moat won't last forever without proper maintenance.
    Feb 7 07:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Number 1 Reason To Avoid Zynga [View article]
    I tried to handicap the fact that the source was an ex-employee. However, he didn't seem to have too much of an axe to grind, overall.

Also... NFLX kept going up until it didn't anymore, and then some buyers lost 50+% of their money.
    Feb 7 07:33 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What Apple Could Do With Its Cash [View article]
    Thank you for the comments - many of your suggestions are actually close to what I have written in Part II - it has been submitted for review and I will link to it when it's published.
    Jan 25 06:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How Sprint May Shock Everyone [View article]
    I actually had problems with my Photon 4g the week that I got it - it would randomly shut off. When I was about to return it, it received some over-the-air update that fixed the problem. While, as a consumer and shareholder, there shouldn't be problems with products going out the door at $200 + $80/mo, at least they fixed the issue quickly.
    Jan 24 08:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How Sprint May Shock Everyone [View article]
    Thank you. I'll continue to cover the company in the future.
    Jan 24 08:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment