New Century

View New Century's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • mREITs' Golden Era Is Over - Part I [View article]
    readers - check out a different take on this topic here: http://seekingalpha.co...
    Feb 23, 2012. 08:05 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • mREITs' Golden Era Is Over - Part I [View article]
    I hate to pick on a fellow author, but how does this get passed the "needs more substantial information" filter that my articles need to go through?
    Feb 21, 2012. 11:20 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Has Zynga Stopped Growing? [View article]
    That's an excellent post on that site, and that information (heavy discounting) isn't something that I was aware of - the only Zynga game I play is WWF on Android so all that I'm familiar with are Zoosk ads that I'm never going to click.
    Feb 20, 2012. 09:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Number 1 Reason To Avoid Zynga [View article]
    I'll be writing a follow up with some new thoughts post-earnings; hopefully it'll be done and posted by Seeking Alpha by early next week.
    Feb 15, 2012. 11:20 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Number 1 Reason To Avoid Zynga [View article]
    Thank you for the most constructively critical response on here. I do plan on writing on Zynga in the future, and will elaborate on those points.
    Feb 7, 2012. 07:37 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Number 1 Reason To Avoid Zynga [View article]
    I agree that there are growth opportunities. But look at something like Tiny Tower - it was created by a 3-person studio, and became commercially successful and critically acclaimed. Yes, Zynga has an established base of soccer moms on Facebook, but even that moat won't last forever without proper maintenance.
    Feb 7, 2012. 07:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Number 1 Reason To Avoid Zynga [View article]
    I tried to handicap the fact that the source was an ex-employee. However, he didn't seem to have too much of an axe to grind, overall.

Also... NFLX kept going up until it didn't anymore, and then some buyers lost 50+% of their money.
    Feb 7, 2012. 07:33 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What Apple Could Do With Its Cash [View article]
    Thank you for the comments - many of your suggestions are actually close to what I have written in Part II - it has been submitted for review and I will link to it when it's published.
    Jan 25, 2012. 06:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How Sprint May Shock Everyone [View article]
    I actually had problems with my Photon 4g the week that I got it - it would randomly shut off. When I was about to return it, it received some over-the-air update that fixed the problem. While, as a consumer and shareholder, there shouldn't be problems with products going out the door at $200 + $80/mo, at least they fixed the issue quickly.
    Jan 24, 2012. 08:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How Sprint May Shock Everyone [View article]
    Thank you. I'll continue to cover the company in the future.
    Jan 24, 2012. 08:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • SOPA, PIPA, Intellectual Property And Netflix [View article]
    I'm not supporting or condoning piracy, but you must realize that a large group of society also exists that WOULD watch pirated products. To many people, it's probably similar to speeding while driving - it's wrong, but usually harmless, and the chance of getting caught is slim.
    Jan 24, 2012. 08:01 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How Sprint May Shock Everyone [View article]
    1. so that one could, for example, plug it in, plug in an HDMI cable, and stream Netflix onto a big TV. (I don't do that... but it's one possibility.)

2. I feel like I made my language throughout indicate that this was a big IF, not something that is surely happening. Other media outlets have speculated with the same thought too.
    Jan 19, 2012. 08:46 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Skullcandy Will Be A Sour Long-Term Investment [View article]
    to the commenters - you're making all valid points that I tried to allude to in the article. my overall theme is that in 5, or 10 years there's a good chance that SKUL won't be better off than it is today.
    Jan 17, 2012. 08:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Eddy Elfenbein loves dividends: "Earnings, book value and cash flow can all be distorted. But when a company sends you a check, you can be pretty sure they earned it." Another reason: In this market, it's where the growth is. Dividends have been rising for seven quarters in a row, and jumped 20.62% Y/Y in Q4, the best quarterly growth in 35 years.  [View news story]
    except when GM paid dividends all the way to BK and all the big banks paid dividends while share prices spiraled lower...
    Jan 9, 2012. 11:33 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Whole Foods The Next Starbucks? [View article]
    I don't think he was necessarily saying that... just using an example of how a specific location effects/incorporates the surrounding community. (Coincidentally, I wandered into my local Whole Foods in Tribeca yesterday...)

One thing to note - in my opinion, Whole Foods will be more dependent on the continued growth of the comfortable middle/upper middle class if world domination is in its future. While a lot of people DO spend a lot of money on smaller premium products like Starbucks, I think that many Americans are very price-conscious at the grocery store and won't/can't pay for the premium items at WF.
    Jan 2, 2012. 04:48 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment