View as an RSS Feed
View New Low Observer's Articles BY TICKER:
Utility Stocks And Rising Interest Rates
- A regime of rising interest is on the horizon. Conventional wisdom suggests that utility stocks will be harmed as rates rise.
- History shows that contrary to popular thinking, utilities managed to increase earnings and see share price increases in the early stages of rising rates.
- The outlook for utilities is dependent on management's ability to adequately anticipate the prospects going forward.
- Once a rising trend is established, intermediate declines in interest rates could be harmful to utility investors as uncertainty prevails.
- Actavis Buys Warner Chilcott, Upside Seems Limited
- Lessons From Virgin Media Buyout
- Dogs Of The Dow With A Twist
- Annual Nasdaq 100 Re-Rank Review
- Akamai Is Now A Sell
- P-E Ratios: Lessons From Conflicting Indications
- Procter & Gamble: If Overvalued, When Should You Buy?
Comparing 2 Dividend Strategies: Redux
Oct. 8, 2012 • 5 Comments
- QE3: Blunt Object With Dull Impact
- Dow Theory: Not Broken, Just Misunderstood
- Time To Sell Agnico-Eagle
- 'Apple-Less Dow' Is A Good Thing
- Abbott Labs Is Now A Sell
- Real Estate: A Sustainable Rise
- Warner Chilcott Is A Sell
- American States Water Is A Sell
- Dividend Investors: Beware Of Payments In Gold
- Central Bank Gold: For When Paper Has No Value
- Precious Metal Myths: A Metal 'Standard' Promotes Economic Stability
- Should Berkshire Hathaway Be Trading At 1995 Prices?
- Is A Recession Coming?
- What Does Warren Buffett See In IBM?
- Considering The Downside Prospects For Apple
- Barrick Gold Or Newmont Mining? Edson Gould's Altimeter Makes The Call
- 2 Gold Stocks Near A New Low That Are Worth Considering
- Viewing Apple's Stock As If It Were A Dividend Achiever
- Broader Market And Dow Theory Suggest Proceeding With Caution
- The Time Has Come For California Water Services
- 4-Year Market Cycle Update
- Nasdaq 100 Re-Rank Review
- Top 5 Nasdaq 100 Stocks To Consider Now