New Orleans

View New Orleans' Comments BY TICKER:
  • Sirius XM: Liberty Goes On A Huge Buying Spree [View article]
    I was wondering the same thing. Why would LMCA more or less announce it's intentions to up its stake to 50.1% or 49.9% (headybaldguy) BEFORE they start accumulating shares. It's basically costing them about 15% more (2.5-2.17/2.17) then if they had announced this after the fact. Although they would have driven the price up themselves anyways, but probably would not have been so dramatic.

I am thinking that they are just expecting taht once they gain control of SIRI they will just load SIRI up with debt to pay themselves back for the expense they just paid.
    Aug 15 10:19 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Sirius XM Surged [View article]
    Well maybe he still will, maybe they will refinance some debt and re-pay some other until they reach the 1B mark

Or maybe you are right, either way I feel it will help out the shareholders in the near term (i.e either a stronger balance sheet or a weaker one BUT 5% less shares on the market)
    Aug 10 09:37 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Sirius XM Would Refinance $400 Million Vs. Paying Off With Cash [View article]
    It's useless yeah if you get the dated numbers, but apparently if you pay for memebership to shortsqueeze.com they somehow keep a daily figure of short interest, I would like to see they change in short interest from say 8/1 to today.
    Aug 10 04:14 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    anybody have the current short interest on SIRI? I am wondering how many shorts covered since the run-up
    Aug 10 03:47 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Sirius XM Surged [View article]
    shoulda said 'buy' some
    Aug 10 12:54 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Sirius XM Surged [View article]
    Agreed
    Aug 9 06:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Sirius XM Surged [View article]
    It's just a case of refinancing, why wouldn't they trade an old high interest rate in for a new low one?
    I get that they have the cash now to pay it off, but maybe they have different plans for that cash, or maybe they like their capital structure right now. I.e. they have a stategic tax shield (http://bit.ly/O7pDZy)
    Aug 9 06:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Sirius XM Surged [View article]
    It's probabably a case of longs selling some of their profits (as I myself did). It could also be that there was a short squeeze (http://bit.ly/Nhbs5d) that partially drove the price up yesterday causing there to a be a retracing of some of those gains.
    Aug 9 05:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Sirius XM Surged [View article]
    Agreed, it can be a very volatile ride with SIRI, just a few months ago SIRI traded up to $2.41 and then dropped back down below $2.00.
    That is why I suggested a protective put, this would help protect any profits that might get lost in the volatility in the next few weeks.

I remember when it was at $2.41 earlier in the year, I didn't think it would stop going up... I am much more cautious this time.
    Aug 9 03:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Sirius XM Surged [View article]
    I explained it pretty well (i think) in my other article on SIRI here

Aug 9 02:14 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Sirius XM Surged [View article]
    Glad to hear youre a New Orleanean as well!

Yeah true, but the SIRI-XM merger was a much larger decision by the FCC compared to allowing Liberty to take hard control. It's going to be a slow process, but Liberty seems to have a way with the FCC, so we will see.

Not sure how it would unfold if the FCC says no, but there reasoning last time was because Liberty was not showing any actual movement towards acquiring actual hard control, which is what they are clearly doing now...
    Aug 9 02:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Sirius XM Surged [View article]
    "I seems that Maffei, as ususal, has left so many options on the table its hard to really know what they will do. Might be the reason the FCC isn't going to just give them "de facto" control. Mel is resisting a share buy back to "give" them control and he is in the process of deleveraging, not leveraging up. That seems to be the major conflict between the two camps."
    They are re-levering, issuing lower interest debt to pay off their high interest debt.

"But for Maffei to say that Sirius is under leveraged and would have a higher valuation if they took on more debt seems just foolish. I can only believe he wants for Sirius to take on more debt to pay off Liberty by buying back shares, before Liberty does the RMT and I don't believe that is in the best interest of Sirius shareholders longer term. No wonder Mel is resisting. "
    That may be true, but regardless either SIRI or Liberty ill own that 11% over the 40%, which will help the shareholders
    Aug 9 02:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Sirius XM Surged [View article]
    I mean its just a case of apple to apples. You can't compare a run up of Verizon to a run up of SIRI. They are different stocks competing in a different market, and they are going to react differently to postitive news. Also look at the total % jump up not just the cents
    Aug 9 02:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM On A Fast Track To $2.75 [View article]
    I've sold half my shares and 2/5 of my options. Got an incredible run off the options
    Aug 9 12:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM Finally Ready To Use Some Cash [View article]
    I'd like to see a NPV analysis on how much they are saving over the life of these notes by calling them now vs. normal payment over the life of the notes.
    Jul 25 12:32 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment