Nick Gagnon

View Nick Gagnon's Comments BY TICKER:

• Netflix: Has The Selling Just Begun? [View article]
    Good Point Gio, thanks. It's funny that so much of the 'brand' of Netflix gets priced in to the stock, but that isn't applied to HBO, which has a much longer, proven history of delivering content.
    Case in point, last night while out for dinner one Netflix user told me she hasn't used it in weeks; it's just something I like to have in case I want to watch it. My response: "it's cheap enough not to use it".
    Jul 2, 2015. 08:19 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Netflix: Has The Selling Just Begun? [View article]
    I'm not sure if I agree with you on valuation, but I do take offense to this line "finished building their moat". Netflix's capital spending is not a fixed expense like readying a mine to extract minerals, it's dynamic and constant. The company will always have to spend more and more to retain subs.
    Jul 2, 2015. 08:13 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Netflix: Has The Selling Just Begun? [View article]
    Thanks for your comment. I am a believer in the integrity of the capital markets, first and foremost. But I do have my doubts when we see multiple downgrades by analysts immediately following the disclosure of Icanh's sale.
    Jul 1, 2015. 07:09 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Netflix: Has The Selling Just Begun? [View article]
    Interesting, thanks. I've got a good background in technical analysis but never used Fibonnaci. What are some of the retracement levels for pullbacks?
    Jul 1, 2015. 07:07 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Netflix: Has The Selling Just Begun? [View article]
    No offense but that number seems somewhat arbitrary?
    Jul 1, 2015. 02:28 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Netflix: Has The Selling Just Begun? [View article]
    Thanks. :)
    Jul 1, 2015. 02:23 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Netflix: Has The Selling Just Begun? [View article]
    Its really anyone's guess where the stock will go after the split, we'll have a better indication after earnings.
    Jul 1, 2015. 02:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Netflix: Has The Selling Just Begun? [View article]
    I don't know if the price movement today is far outside the realm of normality, what's the ATR (average true range on this stock)?
    Jul 1, 2015. 01:56 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Netflix: Has The Selling Just Begun? [View article]
    Fair value is tricky because so much of the profitability of streaming is still being ironed-out. I would put Netflix at a hold, until the company starts generating positive Free-Cash-Flow-Equity I see no reason to invest (unless you're willing to take a change on a flier with some house money, or get in with some sort of stops in place).
    Jul 1, 2015. 01:49 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The Canadian Economy Is Looney [View article]
    It wasn't the 1990s....maybe if you're comparing currency rates you should do more research.
    Jul 1, 2015. 12:51 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The Canadian Economy Is Looney [View article]
    Hey Dana, where was the price of Oil when the CAN/USD was at 1.55?
    Jul 1, 2015. 11:10 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Netflix sets 7-for-1 split [View news story]
    Thanks but I work for a great company; I've witnessed first-hand the end-to-end process of participating billion-dollar asset movement. Please enlighten us on your specialty.
    Jun 24, 2015. 08:28 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Netflix sets 7-for-1 split [View news story]
    If I can find a large cap with a peg equal to Netflix I'll be critical of them, although I doubt it exists....I've been nothing but transparent in my opinions and why, I don't need to hide behind a generic internet screen name.
    Jun 23, 2015. 10:19 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Netflix sets 7-for-1 split [View news story]
    See my comment below; the phone app moved things out of position. I more than welcome discussion from a long side, but so far I have only seen Eric P present a logical bull case (I didn't agree with him, but I found value in his perspective).
    Jun 23, 2015. 07:31 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Netflix sets 7-for-1 split [View news story]
    Also (and read closely this may blow your mind), not everyone that has a point of view has a motive. There have been hundreds of stocks which I had no price involvement in that I discussed opinions with many people I worked with. Discussion benefits everyone, whether you agree to it or not.
    Jun 23, 2015. 07:19 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment