Nick Mackintosh

View Nick Mackintosh's Comments BY TICKER:
  • REITs: Look Out Below? [View article]
    I just added to my position on OHI and initiated in WPC a few days ago.

My next purchases will be STAG and hopefully O around $40 to complete my REIT lineup.
    May 2, 2015. 04:38 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Mortgage REIT giants downgraded at UBS [View news story]
    If analysts suggest its time to sell, do the opposite and buy! Haha!
    Apr 29, 2015. 02:07 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How To Use Levered Free Cash Flow And Revenue Growth To Analyze Stocks [View article]
    Hey Peter,

Amazing article showcasing one of the many systems you've been able to design, by focusing on the most important metrics (cash at hand, levered free cash flow etc).

I would also like to thank you for giving your spreadsheet away for free, and especially for giving me an early peak before the article release!

Nick
    Apr 28, 2015. 02:22 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • American Capital Agency declares $0.20 dividend [View news story]
    He rated it a strong buy under "conclusions" actually ;)
    Apr 27, 2015. 09:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • I Called It: What's The Take Home Message? [View article]
    I'm actually quite shocked / disappointed at buyandhold's "Yahoo Finance says the PE is 14" statement. I thought people knew better than to look at websites that grab data and take it to be 100% accurate without actually looking into the figures themselves.

A perfect example of this would be the numerous less informed investors who thought that OHI had cut their dividends. Try looking at the actual information provided on the company reports / statements, rather than taking the first number you see on yahoo finance or dividend.com and expecting it to be true.

I'm in agreement with Insider-Alerts on this.
    Apr 26, 2015. 12:48 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Tactical Approach To Healthcare REIT Investing [View article]
    Brad, have you got my inbox about your book? If you're using your cell phone I imagine you haven't seen it yet!

Nick
    Apr 24, 2015. 07:26 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 500 Followers! [View instapost]
    I was a new follower recently due to your high yield income articles, good job ;)
    Apr 22, 2015. 12:59 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • That Was Quick! Our First Premium Author Hits $200,000 In Annual Revenue [View article]
    That's why the 3 contributors I read the most, Brad Thomas, BDCBuzz & Scott Kennedy are experts in their fields. REIT, BDC, MREIT.
    Apr 21, 2015. 01:35 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Tactical Approach To Healthcare REIT Investing [View article]
    Loving your work as always, especially an article on my favorite REIT sector!

Thank you once again Brad.

(Long OHI, many more when I have the funds!)
    Apr 21, 2015. 11:36 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    $200,000 a year!?!?!? WOOOAAAHHHHHHH!!!!

Congrats Chris :D
    Apr 21, 2015. 11:26 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Analyzing The FTSE 100 For Opportunities [View article]
    Hey Hardog,

Nice to see your name on my article, hopefully they'll be good additions to your portfolio.
    Apr 21, 2015. 02:32 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Analyzing The FTSE 100 For Opportunities [View article]
    Hey scoots,

Thank you for the comment, I try my best!

Income: Aberdeen Asset Management, Legal & General
    Dividend Growth: Imperial Tobacco
    Capital Appreciation: Shire
    Value: Standard Chartered

Are my picks based on what the investor needs, I guess I should have summarized that in the conclusion...

I don't blame you at all for choosing an ETF or an index tracker, its less work and means you get to enjoy your life more. However, I'm the type of person who always watches the market so I have the time to monitor the investments. Do whatever feels right for you :).
    Apr 16, 2015. 02:43 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Aflac: What A 'Sit On Your Hands' Investment Looks Like [View article]
    Agreed also, 17.5% ROE with only a P/B ratio of 1.6! Much better than the value over in the UK, but the dividend yield does lack behind theirs.
    Apr 15, 2015. 01:58 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Analyzing The FTSE 100 For Opportunities [View article]
    Hey Eric74310,

None of the following are great, digital look is the best IMO.

Give these a try:

Apr 14, 2015. 01:28 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Analyzing The FTSE 100 For Opportunities [View article]
    Hey BlueWings077,

I hope you found the information useful, you are indeed correct on Aberdeen having exposure in Asia, are you considering investing?
    Apr 14, 2015. 01:17 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment