Nick Pollari

View Nick Pollari's Comments BY TICKER:
  • The Death Spiral Continues: RIM Works on a Home Media Streamer [View article]
    After this disaster comes to fruition I suspect we can easily see this stock trading in the low 20's
    Jul 15, 2011. 12:33 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • KKR Financial: Attractive Dividend Yield, Stable Price History [View article]
    My central thesis behind the article was simply that KFN offers a good dividend with low price fluctuations. My comment for the SP500 was just to point out the recent market turmoil and how I believe its unnecessary to take part in a market that is so short sighted it has already forgotten about the negative comments about the US from Moodys and SP. I believe KFN offers a significant long term value at the $9.50 price. You seem to have a much clearer view of the company than I so if you see them profiting from rising LIBOR rates (which inevitably will happen) the company has nowhere to go but up. I mostly specialize in small to mid cap growth companies. It is a good diversification and dividend play for anyone looking to side step some of the market volatility.
    Jul 15, 2011. 10:02 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The Real Reason Netflix Is Raising Prices [View article]
    I was going to write that same response and opted not to. Ignorance can be bliss.
    Jul 14, 2011. 01:53 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Real Reason Netflix Is Raising Prices [View article]
    It is not money issue why people are complaining in my opinion. I just feel if you are getting the same exact service essentially why would I pay 60% more? If price hikes were introduced over a finite period of time at smaller increases per hike I believe the price could have increased by 120% and people would hardly notice.
    Jul 14, 2011. 01:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Pandora May Not Be Profitable Until 2013 [View article]
    They are not going to create any leverage without keeping up a rapid growth in listener hours. Pandora cannot create more revenue for record labels without increasing listener hours. Now with IHeartRadio and Spotify the space now has two new strong competitors as well. If I was a company, and Pandora wanted to charge me more to advertise on their platform WITHOUT giving me more exposure at a growing rate, why would I pay that extra premium?
    Jul 14, 2011. 12:22 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The Real Reason Netflix Is Raising Prices [View article]
    If Netflix was going to increase its streaming library I could understand the increase in price but, since they arent, I will be cancelling my subscription before the price hike. Redbox is across the street from my home and many other peoples homes across the country.
    Jul 14, 2011. 11:38 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Pandora May Not Be Profitable Until 2013 [View article]
    Please note this article was written before Clear Channel announced the news about IHeartRadio and the new features. This is the beginning of the demise of Pandora as a feasible and profitable business.
    Jul 14, 2011. 11:32 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Sequans Communications' Expansion Into LTE and Developing Markets [View article]
    Even if SQNS cannot capture the US 4G and/or WiMax market they are leaps and bounds ahead of both Broadcom and Qualcomm in the India and China markets. Currently SQNS is partnered up with China Mobile which holds a monopoly essentially on the Chinese wireless market.
    Jul 14, 2011. 10:43 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • PC Microprocessor Space: AMD's Future Looks Grim Compared to Intel [View article]
    The new AMD line has received modest reviews at best as well as the fact that it is still lagging Intel in innovative technologies on the processors. AMD also does not have any product depth to be applied to the tablet market in any significant way. I did not choose the title of the article, my apologies for that.
    Jul 12, 2011. 02:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    The new AMD line up has had modest reviews at best. If anything is creating a craze and ruffling semiconductor feathers its ARM holdings. The technology ARM is producing is far beyond the new AMD line. I did not assign that title to this article, that was the editor who submitted this for publishing so for that I apologize. In case you missed it the table clearly shows that it is R&D expenses expressed as a percentage of revenues.
    Jul 12, 2011. 01:54 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Inventory turnover is improving, but one year with tiny profits doesn't justify a trend of improving profits. Also keep in mind AMD only turned a profit in 2009 thanks to an unusual income and most of the profit generated in 2010 was due to unusual income. These one time events cannot continue to occur year over year indefinitely.
    Jul 12, 2011. 01:41 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Cisco Systems: Colossal Free Cash Flows Create a Compelling Opportunity [View article]
    compelling argument, not enough to convince me yet. Agree with aagold in your FCF computation. A very large portion of compensation from Cisco comes stock based. If you recalculate I am ball parking a FCF yield of maybe 15-17%. If I could get Cisco below $15 I would consider it as an excellent value investment to be held long term.
    Jul 12, 2011. 01:10 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Broadcom (BRCM) is announcing a new chip for network adapters using the nascent Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) protocol, which it claims runs 80% faster than rival FCoE solutions. In addition to being qualified for use with EMC and Brocade (BRCD) products, the chip is being used in Dell (DELL) and Cisco (CSCO) hardware.  [View news story]
    Broadcom is on the cusp of innovation with this new market they are inventing. This is the future of networking.
    Jul 12, 2011. 10:40 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Cloud Computing ETF: Pie in the Sky? [View article]
    This ETF will ultimately be a disaster incapable of mimicking a good portfolio of cloud based companies. The inclusion of multiple companies in their ETF should be raising eyebrows. Those companies are merely members of a community that directly rely or indirectly rely on the cloud (ie: NFLX) and don't actually provide cloud services themselves.
    Jul 7, 2011. 09:28 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Netflix: Adjusted Free Cash Flow Almost Non-Existent [View article]
    NFLX, like LNKD, is completely detached from any fundamental value with outrageous valuations. These companies are not necessarily disintegrating into thin air but are merely being propped up by excessive hype and strong growth. They may be worth their valuations in years down the road but certainly not any time in the 1 to 5 year mark. The biggest problem is what happens if companies like NFLX, LNKD, and P begin to suffer from slowing growth? What will the market say then?
    Jul 6, 2011. 03:15 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment