Nick Pollari

View Nick Pollari's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Teavana Is The Tea Version Of Starbucks [View article]
    Not sure if you are aware but this article was published 6 months ago
    May 30 11:46 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Digital Domain Media Group: Cool Tech Doesn't Mean Profitable Firm [View article]
    Yea, right before the abu dahbi announcement on monday... Shady.
    May 22 10:43 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    And here I was thinking it was totally possible that not only the conference call would give DDMG some love but the facebook launch would give anything tech related a little jolt...
    May 18 09:48 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Ill take a look at Angies this weekend when I have some free time. Anything else I should look at? If SA allows (don't know if they do) I'd be happy to work out an article collaboratively with you if we come to a similar conclusion
    May 17 11:36 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I am not specifically referring to my profit Arkram, don't take it so personally. I am noting the recent sell off from $8 to $7 in regards to a moderately decent call, not a disastrous one, which doesn't really make 100% sense. Although I have not estimated recent short term correlation to the overall market yet which could be a reason.
    May 17 11:07 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Going to republish an article over the weekend with my update and take on everything. Just wanted to point out that personally, I didn't feel like it was that bad of a conference call and yet the stock is now at $7? Does somebody know something I don't?

@Akram: Times like this recent sell-off is why I had entered into the 1/4 of a position.
    May 17 10:53 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    All in all much of the same story with the addition of the unsolicited bids.
    May 16 12:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Not done doing the financials but it still looks just as bad as before so far. Waiting for the conference call as well.

What we were thinking? We were thinking that profits are important and when you don't have any and don't seem to be making any anytime soon its a bad thing. Pretty simple business concept.
    May 16 10:48 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    We are entered in a privately negotiated contract with an institution which is forced to be long on an extended basis based on its by-laws. For this position volume is irrelevant.
    May 14 12:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I am not hoping for anything negative. It is always the things you don't see that have the greatest impact.
    May 14 11:13 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I am short 1/4 of a position because if the 16th if a disaster I want to have something to profit from. I am really looking for a nice pop on the 16th to enter into a more solid position for the short. Just want to make sure if it falls off a cliff on the 16th I have some profit to make.
    May 14 10:58 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    1/4 Short position initiated this morning on the open.
    May 14 10:10 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I have sent numerous requests to their investor relations for information and they have not responded once. Goodluck trying to get any of the detailed information you'd like out of them. Worse than pulling teeth.
    May 13 10:53 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Trust me, I am very eagerly awaiting this upcoming conference call. Still not short. Looking for a solid pop thanks to the call on some good stories to get a better price to short from.
    May 12 05:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Mark Thoma says ~200K people will lose unemployment benefits in California and other states today. Under the terms of last year's agreement in Congress, benefits would be cut off if jobless rates fell below certain thresholds; despite a weak job market, rates have been falling. "Will a cut in benefits motivate workers who have become dependent on the program to go out and find jobs?”  [View news story]
    Different culture in the Netherlands rather than the lazy people here in the US with their hands out for free money
    May 12 10:07 AM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment