Nicu Mihalache

View Nicu Mihalache's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Axion Power Concentrator 359 August 17 '14: 10-Q For Q2 2014; S-1 For $15MM Share Issuance; Changed Loan, IP-Secured MDA; David DiGiacinto Appointed Chairman And CEO [View instapost]
    This is old news, even Elon babbled something about this in the earnings call. Since then, they have offered 8 year unlimited (or infinite as they market it) miles both for the 85kWh battery and the drivetrain. Not sure what will do for the company, but as a consumer, I have never seen that on a car.

I have hesitated to go an test-drive it (new Tesla store near Paris, old one closed quite some time ago), but now a friend will receive his own in October. So I will probably be able to report first hand how it drives / handles :) and eventual problems he will encounter.
    Aug 21 02:58 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    So if you are cheap you can dry your hair in the microwave :)
    Aug 21 08:28 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Axion Power Concentrator 358 August 14 '14: S-1 For $15MM Share Issuance; Changed Loan, IP-Secured MDA; David DiGiacinto Appointed Chairman And CEO [View instapost]
    I agree with you regarding the "experts" in many fields.

But no matter how many books you read, videos you watch, hundreds of hours of deep thought, there is nothing that replaces direct hard experience in the field. When you really care about details, reality is dozens of times more surprising than fiction / expectations.
    Aug 16 03:18 AM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I do not pretend to have definite answers, as I said, just a few quick thoughts. JP said more or less the same thing in a much nicer way (you should trust his experience btw, not my philosophical thinking or yours).

It's not even so interesting discussing this hypothetical problem, when we have a real hot problem on our hands right now and nobody cares (not to mention much cheaper shares than the hypothetical 21c, this time with subscribers with cash in their hands).
    Aug 15 05:36 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Do not forget that the market is anticipating the anticipation of others. It's enough to have the fear of cheap shares to have cheap shares, nothing more.

You cannot set both dates ("owners as of ..." and "can buy as of ...") to be the same, be it even for organizational reasons. Once the rights to buy (but not the obligation) are locked in, the price collapses to the discounted one, be it only because of fear of strong hands flipping for a quick buck.

If somehow one has to subscribe in advance, most would fear that the others will not play the game. If the financing fails because of that, the price would go much lower than 21c, so why bother?
    Aug 15 04:26 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Wow, while I was whining that there are no buyers (at higher prices), 700k or so traded hands in a matter of minutes. Of course, those were basically sellers pushing down the (low) bids lower.
    Aug 15 04:15 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Just a few quick thoughts:
    • once you announce 30% discount on say 30c (that is, 21c offer), the market price would immediately go to 21c, even before the offer becomes available; that is, of course, because everybody would know that huge amount of shares at this price would be soon available and many people cannot resist a quick 10% (risk-free) profit
    • therefore not many would subscribe to the offer, because you could have the same price on the open market
    • thus Axion does not have the necessary cash
    • thus the pps collapses
    • Axion has to find a quick fix to a disastrous situation, thus negotiating with a huge eggplant on the face

--------------

Compare the hypothetical 21c offer to the 10c on the free market right now. We know there will be financing and moreover it is almost as putting money into Axion's coffers, as buying influences mechanically the price / dilution. Even so, there are no(t many) buyers. You just cannot herd cats!
    Aug 15 03:48 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    No need for excuses for selling. Everyone has his own reasons and constrains. And I have even specified that explicitly in my first comment on this ("not judging"). But I would hate to have a rotten egg throwing contest "who's selling lower" at this particular time.

What I wanted to underline for the last few days, is somewhat like a poker move. Most of the time, it is a bad idea to raise you bid if it's already the highest. But we are living the exception to the rule. Small differences in trading for another couple of weeks will make a real difference in the long term. It has consequences w.r.t. the vast amount of money, time and effort invested over the years, not to mention the risk and pain taken.

We have the power and the leverage given by the S-1. If we do not use it even now when the cards lay bare on the table, we do not deserve better.
    Aug 15 11:17 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    No intention to start a fight with a puppy.

PIPE behavior is to blindly flip for a small profit regardless of context. I would have loved PIPErs to consistently hold for at least 100% profit.

And if you had put 5 minutes to look up the S-1, one of those days will decide the amount of dilution that will be set in stone, as opposed to the share price which will continue to wiggle around wildly.
    Aug 15 10:47 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    mrholty, this smells like PIPEr behavior at the worst possible time. Not judging, but I wouldn't be so proud and cocky about it ;)
    Aug 15 10:11 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    This is unfortunately a sad conclusion of that disastrous deal. So, to avoid giving 60% of the company to a partner, probably for much nicer cash, they gave away 54.5% for a few bucks.

On the other hand, that gave the opportunity to adventurous investors to load up the truck, which was probably not an option in the 60% case.

But this is the past and we can only hope the lesson was leaned. And the only question that matters is: given all we know, do you think Axion is worth more or less than $25M right now?
    Aug 15 04:31 AM | 9 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Axion Power Concentrator 357 August 10 '14: S-1 For $15MM Share Issuance; Changed Loan, IP-Secured MDA; David DiGiacinto Appointed Chairman And CEO [View instapost]
    No comment
    Aug 14 03:26 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Maybe you should slow down (to your natural speed) to be able to read the word "slower".

Obviously, I am talking about months for a 2x (as implied by recent fillings) and years for 10x. Should they arrive sooner, I really wouldn't mind.

I think the time for timid bottom feeding, tons of whining about the management (we have a new one, did you know?) and fear of the big bad wolf (which right now is just about the size of a mouse) is over.

I really think that, independently of the pricing of the offer (maybe the date is something like lowest price during the month of August), if long term (large) holders (like me) could manage to free cash equivalent to 1% to 10% of total investment and use it to buy chunks of shares (at random times), if not at the ask, at least at (bid / ask) mid-point during the next several weeks, we could start the self-fulfilling "prophecy" of aligning AXPW to Axion's intrinsic value (a hell of a "prophecy", by the way - at least half the stocks out there are much higher than that).
    Aug 13 05:31 PM | 16 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Maybe we should "paint" the price all day long - the closing price at some unspecified date will stay on the shoulders of the steady climb of many days.

PIPErs are almost out, and there is little uncertainty about the new financing. The production capacity expansion can only have one meaning. NS news is approaching. ePower big (marketing) time approaching. Any new cube orders will confirm a trend. Any other order from the many ongoing projects will be just the proverbial icing.

The price could not go much lower (few easy shares left, 600k order at bottom price 8.5c, many will jump in below 9c) and time is running out for those who want a quick double or a slower 10 bagger.
    Aug 13 04:22 PM | 9 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Axion Power Concentrator 355 August 3 '14: Changed Loan, IP-Secured MDA; David DiGiacinto Appointed Chairman And CEO; Share Reverse Split And Authorized Share Reduction Approved [View instapost]
    Guys, don't worry for me. I can sell AAPL options and shares any time to restore balance, they are all in phosphorescent and flashing green. But, except some general pullback of the market, I expect AAPL to be even higher (something like $105-$110 as opposed to $95 today) by the end of September. More than 300 ITM calls, each controlling 100 shares should give a nice boost in this case.

I've had several near death experiences and I hope I have learnt my lesson. I won't hesitate to sell other things even if not at the best value to avoid going trough stupid stuff again.

But with time, my portfolio became the engine that allows me to invest in and support Axion. Given that I am a relatively young state employee in a seriously socialist country (I am tempted by the c word but I can resist for now) - and my parents were never rich, I could have never invested just shy of a quarter million bucks in AXPW otherwise.

I know what I want and why. And I am ready to lose this investment 100% if Axion fails.
    Aug 7 02:51 AM | 16 Likes Like |Link to Comment