Nicu Mihalache

View Nicu Mihalache's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Axion Power Concentrator 365 Sep. 15 '14: BOD Approves 50:1 Rev. Split; EPower & Axion Present At The Battery Show; 10-Q For Q1 2014; S-1 For $15MM Share Issuance [View instapost]
    WayneinOregon, I just got out of bed and the caffeine did not reach its destination yet. Please be indulgent with the eventual sloppy things I say.

We are presented with the IPO (more or less) of a company that has managed to bring to the market a new tech, in a sector in which such things are minor miracles: 10+ years of R&D out of which only 5% come out alive. Should I also count long time relationships to large OEMs in several distinct markets?

Private investors (the same analogy, everybody until now) have lost lots of money, but the company used the cash well and has not only a product and patents, but efficient and easy to replicate production lines.

Somehow, the herd got mad just before the destination. They are running over each other's head. There is blood in the street. And not only I would instinctively buy in such a situation, but someone (Maxim, Axion) is tempting me with half the (depressed) price, via warrants.

Now, let me change my hat from hunter gatherer to farmer. I have been building my AXPW knowledge and plantation for three years and a few months (with some sacrifice and always under uncertainty). There was a little storm that, despite my desperate efforts (here but also on the open market), I could not prevent or stop. Now I have a ravaged plantation with great potential. Should I let it decay, sell for pennies on the dollar, or sell my shiny car and boat and bring it back to life?
    Sep 16 01:36 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Not rich by any stretch of the imagination. But I grew skin which is a hybrid tortoise, elephant and rhinoceros.

About ten days ago, after spending the afternoon doing repairs on my go-kart, I launch the ETrade app on my iPhone. I was losing about three years' pay in 90 minutes after the open. My dominant feeling was genuine curiosity and not much else :D

Must be madness!
    Sep 15 04:16 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    "Fine line between genius and madness, scientists find"
    Sep 15 03:49 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    blauschuh, I am moving 34,000 AXPWD to my Maxim account and probably in excess of $100,000 for the offer.
    Sep 15 02:34 PM | 11 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Axion Power Concentrator 364 Sep. 11 '14: BOD Approves 50:1 Rev. Split; EPower & Axion Present At The Battery Show; 10-Q For Q1 2014; S-1 For $15MM Share Issuance [View instapost]
    How easy and smart it is to criticise from your armchair those who worked their ass off for a decade (for you) until their health failed. Sure, they haven't met your (or even theirs) high standards, but this is not for lack of trying hard. Sometimes life is harsh, but in the vast majority of cases, only the persevering ones win!

Think before you click™ (Publish / Reply)
    Sep 13 05:57 PM | 24 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Axion Power Concentrator 363 Sep. 07 '14: BOD Approves 50:1 Rev. Split; EPower & Axion Present At The Battery Show; 10-Q For Q1 2014; S-1 For $15MM Share Issuance [View instapost]
    EM, when you study an atom, an equation, a frog or whatever object / living thing (lately not so true anymore), you can ask all the questions you want, torture your object of study as hard as your imagination helps you, turn it inside out etc.

With people it just doesn't work that way. We [scientists, I suppose] tend to lose (or never develop) empathy, but in this case, sometimes the object of your study is more intelligent than yourself AND has empathy. So even if you don't have a clue, your questions may be interpreted as statements of grave things. I would tread lightly if I were in your shoes!
    Sep 10 06:05 AM | 12 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    You will learn to fly, but "patience, you must have my Young padawan"!
    Sep 8 02:19 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Mr I, I hope you are wrong, as in this case my 1.7M shares will be lost in translation from my ETrade account en route to my new Maxim account :((

Edit: ooops, after the latest news I should have said my 34k shares ... such a tiny number ;)
    Sep 8 01:10 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    don't they take half a cent per traded share? how did you survive in the sub 10c era?
    Sep 8 11:15 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I was proposing more of a thought experiment, but thanks for making my (stupid) ETrade Pro platform to show a 6011% gain for the day. That's what I actually wish and expect for the long term, 3 to 5 years, btw.

We can now take a fresh look at the original question: who is selling?
    Sep 8 10:55 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    If so, with very little money we could push the price to $100 ;)
    Sep 8 10:38 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    If (most) shares have not been converted yet and you "cannot" short, who's selling?
    Sep 8 10:04 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Axion Power Concentrator 362 Sep. 01 '14: EPower & Axion Present At The Battery Show; 10-Q For Q1 2014; S-1 For $15MM Share Issuance; Changed Loan, IP-Secured MDA [View instapost]
    if it ended with 01 you may have got 49 extra shares; if it ends with 49 you may be gifted 9c (one share)
    Sep 5 06:15 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Nobody, including gods, should be followed blindly!
    Sep 5 04:07 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    That is precisely the road to hell: not using your head and blindly following someone else's choices.

And on top of it, once it's over, you will amaze yourself with your capacity of producing vitriol and blaming everyone except the real culprit ... yourself!

(Edit: obviously, "you" is generic above, not a placeholder for FP A)
    Sep 5 03:14 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment