Nikhil Nichani

View Nikhil Nichani's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Six Companies With 20% Yields on Cost [View article]
    Great insight on the approach to dividend stocks. My 401K is still very young, and my company doesn't give me the option to invest in anything besides index and bond funds. I plan on starting an IRA once I leave my current employer and was planning on investing in dividend growing stocks. Your approach is exactly what I was looking for
    Sep 17 02:14 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Deflation Again a No-Show [View article]
    After the market being heavily sold in August on just pure expectations and not solid news, this rally was just waiting to take place if those expecations did not become reality.
    Sep 17 12:57 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Student Loan Corp Looks Cheaper Than Sallie Mae [View article]
    And those of us that bought at this bottom benefit heavily. Bought in at 24, selling out today for $30
    Sep 17 09:43 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Student Loan Corp. (STU) confirms earlier reports that it will be sold in a series of transactions: Discover Financial Services (DFS) will acquire STU, and Sallie Mae (SLM) will acquire from STU $28B of securitized federal student loans and related assets and Citigroup (C) will acquire $8.7B in loans and other assets from STU. Upon the closing of the transactions, STU shareholders will receive $30/share.  [View news story]
    There was no way this company wouldn't have been bought out. Bought at $24 a share start of August. Held on through its decline to $17, happy to be out at $30
    Sep 17 09:35 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Seeking Alpha's Market Currents team is expanding. If you're a market enthusiast, a superb writer, have lots of energy and a great work ethic, one of these work-from-home jobs (I, II, III) could be an amazing opportunity.  [View news story]
    How about internships for students
    Sep 16 10:19 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Indian Markets on a Tear [View article]
    Just like every other overpriced IPO. This one will back down to earth soon enough
    Sep 16 06:37 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Indian Markets on a Tear [View article]
    With the recent release of an ETF targeting Indias infrastructure sector, a sector as important as agriculture can't be too far behind.
    Sep 15 03:42 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Indian Markets on a Tear [View article]
    I can see a fair amount of pull back in the Indian markets following a failure to complete the required infrastructure projects in Delhi prior to the Commonwealth Games. I was in Delhi in June and I saw first hand how much work was still left to do. For them to pull this off would be a miracle. A short term pull back is imminent I think and people should hold off before buying for better pricing.
    Sep 15 02:25 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Yentervention Wednesday: Kan Baffles Bulls [View article]
    You write the best articles on seeking alpha. Great lunch time reads
    Sep 15 11:44 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bank of Japan's Currency Intervention: What It Means for FX Traders [View article]
    Huge rise in volume for YCS today, sending it opening above 5%. YCS could be a good play for non forex traders to get a part of this action. I'm for the most part fully invested otherwise I would take a shot at YCS right now
    Sep 15 11:33 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Losing Faith in HP After Its Reckless 3PAR Purchase [View article]
    VSNC,

Thank you for such a constructive and informing comment(/sarcasm). The irony in your comment is amazing. You point out that the situation is well beyond my understanding, just because of my age, yet you can't seem to understand my argument. Yes I'm 20 years old, but if thats the only thing you guys have to put down my opinions, than the ignorance you bring to the table is not even worth commenting on. Its beyond my capability to understand the potential in this takeover because of my "age", but than why has it been beyond the capability of experienced management who are just so good because as you mention they are older, to understand stupid decisions in the past like Time Warner overpaying for AOL just because it was the "future" and ended up posting a $99 billion loss. Yeah I see how well that "future" worked out. I'm sure you were old enough to live through 1999,2000, and 2001. Don't you remember the result of overpaying for these "future" growth companies that simply couldnt lose. Where was the experience of millions of people than that were in their 40s. Surely they were older, they shouldve known better right since age makes such a big difference on wisdom. Since you said you have a 14 yr old son, I'm assuming you are close to your 40s. Its quite sad that with your so called experience, the only argument you could come up with to prove your point was point out my age. Yes, because age alone will tell you if I'm right or wrong regardless of any facts or data I present. At least MS provided me with data, but your comment had no purpose to it. But thanks anyway for commenting and reading. I will gladly archive these comments and come back to them when 3PAR doesn't post 1000% growth rates like every other stock was supposed to during the dot com bubble. And while you are reading this, read my other comments one more time to comprehend what my argument was before you invalidate my comments again just because of my age.

Nikhil
    Sep 13 09:08 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Value vs. Momentum Chart of the Day [View article]
    -_-. There has to be something in this data set thats not mentioned. As mentioned below, there is no way value investing lost you money over the last century and a few decades. Second like you mentioned S&P didn't even exist back in the 80s, so what the hell is this chart tracking.
    Sep 11 12:25 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • How Employment Is Tied to Credit Limits [View article]
    Pretty interesting analysis. Where is the end to this cycle now? Credit won't be exteded unless people are employed. People wont be employed unless demand rises. Demand wont rise unless there is purchasing power. Purchasing power wont rise unless income or credit doesn't rise. Income and credit doesn't rise unless employment or credit extention rises and we are a the top of the circle again. Is there a way out? How will cash levels keep on rising when over all demand for money has fallen and will stay low until unemployment lowers which wont seem to happen described by the above cricle
    Sep 10 09:46 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Hewlett-Packard Is Right to Sue Mark Hurd [View article]
    Cannot and hasn't are two different things. I don't think the court will rule in favor of HP unless they can prove he has done such a thing to violate the agreement while at HP. Working at Oracle alone is not in violation of the agreement, and it wont be in violation UNTIL Hurd actually discloses any confidential information, which HP would have to prove in court he does, other wise I believe there is no case on him. Of course this is just my opinion
    Sep 10 09:27 AM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Is HP Suing Hurd? [View article]
    I read somewhere HP is going to try to get a court order to stop Hurds move to Oracle. Not 100% sure on that though
    Sep 7 11:54 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment