Nima Baiati

View Nima Baiati's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Doubling Down On Telecom New Zealand [View article]
    p_eyler thanks for the comment...I wrote an article back in February about the Chorus spinoff. Linked to it in the article above.
    Nov 19 01:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Time To Short Homebuilders [View article]
    Comments like this do not really provide any real feedback to the author nor do they add value to those of us who are reading the article. It is one thing to disagree with a viewpoint (it adds value if you can provide evidence), something completely different to just blurt something out.
    Feb 9 01:47 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Nevsun Provides A Reality Check For Gold [View article]
    Editorial Update: At the time of the writing of this article cash costs per ounce for Q4 2011 were $292/oz (as stated) - with a reduction in production this year cash costs jump to $395/oz.
    Feb 8 06:31 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Perseus: A Junior Miner With Momentum [View article]
    I am not concerned with the political stability in Ghana. The government has more to lose if they chase of investment in the country. At this point they receive royalties from miners. Let's play devil's advocate and go to the extreme and say that Ghana just takes all of the mines....they gain the mines but close easy access to sell the product and drive off investment. The country is currently ranked as the second least failed state in Africa.
    Feb 7 11:50 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Has Telecom New Zealand's Day Finally Come? [View article]
    I am currently neutral on Chorus - to my knowledge they do not currently pay a dividend (which at this point I would rather they not) there is a great deal that goes into maintaining the infrastructure they walked away with (I would like to see them reinvest any cash that comes there way - stronger future) through the spin-off. I have to say that the NZ Govt. selected them to completely "rewire" the country with the goal of bringing fiber optic broadband to 70-80% of the nation. If it was me and I came into the shares through the spin-off I would hold. The price has moved up since the spin-off.
    Feb 7 12:12 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Has Telecom New Zealand's Day Finally Come? [View article]
    With the divestiture of Chorus - NZT has gained something that it was sorely lacking - agility. It also frees up a great deal of capital that the company was spending just to maintain all of that infrastructure.
    Feb 6 05:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What Will Cameco Tell Us About Uranium? [View article]
    I'm really looking to nuclear as a longer-term play. My thinking is that demand for nuclear will continue to rise as a push is made for greater efficiency and clean-energy. In that, I continue to look to China as the primary player but also see growth in India and the UAE.
    Feb 6 01:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Surging Jobs Data Signals Strengthening Economy [View article]
    Absolutely agree.
    Feb 3 01:52 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bank Of America: Breakout Or Breakdown? [View article]
    Nicely done.
    Feb 3 11:26 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Surging Jobs Data Signals Strengthening Economy [View article]
    Have to disagree...these figures do not take into account those who have stopped looking for work, working multiple part and/or full-time jobs. The underlying fundamentals (i.e. what was broken and has stayed broken) have not changed.
    Feb 3 11:25 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Hugoton Royalty Trust: The Natural Gas Play I Like Best [View article]
    Matthew - I should have clarified the date of the quoted yield.
    Feb 2 08:50 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Uranium Resources Could Outperform Sector At Large - But Wait For The Dip [View article]
    Very informative article as usual Simit. I too am bullish on Uranium and the sector in general. I personally think the best thing URRE has going for it is the JV w/CCJ which makes it a great potential takeover target.
    Feb 2 02:24 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Hugoton Royalty Trust: The Natural Gas Play I Like Best [View article]
    I hold a contrarian view on the price of natural gas in that I believe we will see a rise in prices this year.
    Feb 2 01:18 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Going Short On Propane [View article]
    I agree. I think they have painted themselves into a corner.
    Feb 1 04:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Carnival (CCL -2.4%) warns that a combination of the Costa Concordia shipwreck along with fuel and currency cost will cut into 2012 EPS by $0.48-$0.51. [View news story]
    Good thing they warned us about this - would have never thought..
    Jan 30 04:25 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment