NN Securities

View NN Securities' Comments BY TICKER:
  • Mark Pincus Is The Next Steve Jobs [View article]
    Let's carry this silly analogy for a bit:

1) who is the Wozniak here?

2) if Pincus really believed he could turn around the company, why not take it private? He has enough cash and could get enough leverage to take the company private and grow the hell out of it, if he could.

3) Who is in the position to kick Pincus out of Zynga (as is what happened with Jobs)?

4) Jobs genuinely attracted people with his vision (the so-called "reality distortion field"). Pincus already destroyed his relationship with the tech community at large. What makes you think Zynga can manage to attract people without throwing gobs of money (see OMGPOP for an example of what Zynga has to do to attract people)
    Oct 25 01:52 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Zynga Bulls Need To Look At The Facts [View article]
    It's good that you didn't get in, given that it's 2.17 now
    Oct 24 10:08 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Zynga Bulls Need To Look At The Facts [View article]
    Ouch! Given that it's 2.17 I hope you didn't buy in at 2.40
    Oct 24 10:07 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Zynga Bulls Need To Look At The Facts [View article]
    The plural of thesis is theses :)
    Oct 19 10:12 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Zynga Bulls Need To Look At The Facts [View article]
    In your opinion @biobat what is the future of social gaming? Is it here to stay?
    Oct 19 10:10 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Avoid Zynga: The Benefits Are Illusory [View article]
    "One thing I'm sure though is that shorting ZNGA at this price is suicidal."

This article was written when ZNGA was at 3. Now it's at 2.40.

I think, like you said, we are at a binary event. Either they succeed in something, in which case we would see a rally, or they falter, in which case either Zynga is taken private or it files for bankruptcy. I think we trade in a range short-term, and I have no color regarding their pipeline, so it made more sense for me to cover at 2.40.
    Oct 17 01:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Avoid Zynga: The Benefits Are Illusory [View article]
    I hope you are backing up the truck at 20% below a price point you deemed "very undervalued".
    Oct 16 01:47 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Avoid Zynga: The Benefits Are Illusory [View article]
    "What IF" type statements are the makings of a penny stock scam. Simple as that. There should be concrete reasons why an eventuality will play out, and based on the arguments presented there are other plays.

" And indeed, the market will view and valuate ZNGA very differently the moment ZNGA launches play-for-money Zynga Poker in the UK sometime in 2013."

The market is pricing in Zynga Poker in the UK. That's *known* to the market. That's not new information. The market is underweighting the profits due to a multitude of reasons, including but not limited to competition, survival as a business entity, and regulatory concerns.

"Considering the dearth of legal avenues for speculative capital to invest in online gambling ventures in the U.S., I would surmise that ZNGA would be an extremely attractive play for those risk-takers."

As I've stated here and earlier, the extremely attractive play for legalization of online gambling in the US is in the entities that currently have gaming licenses, such as LVS and MGM.

"All they have to do is turn on the cash register, and those same people will then play-for-money."

I *very highly* doubt it's that simple. You assume that the people playing for free will switch, and that's not obvious at all. The best part is that many of the people who make the claim DO NOT PLAY THEMSELVES, which makes the argument all the more fishy.
    Oct 15 09:53 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Avoid Zynga: The Benefits Are Illusory [View article]
    "Clearly you don't think they'll be able to, but if you don't even consider it an option then you're underestimating the risk in taking a short position."

If anything, the longs here have concluded that they will be able to turn the ship around. I remain skeptical, and as I've stated many times I don't think they are dead just yet. I've also since covered because the risk/reward of shorting at this point isn't pretty (but it's not the right time to go long).
    Oct 15 09:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Avoid Zynga: The Benefits Are Illusory [View article]
    "What if Zynga succeeds in "monetizing" its existing customer base of Zynga Poker players by turning them into "social gamblers"? "

IF they succeed then it's good. IF I win a 100M lottery I'll have money. The question isn't about IF and possibilities -- that's the making of "penny stock scams".
    Oct 14 10:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Avoid Zynga: The Benefits Are Illusory [View article]
    There's no evidence that participants in free poker will shift to paid poker
    Oct 9 11:37 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Avoid Zynga: The Benefits Are Illusory [View article]
    Not saying it will go bankrupt, but I'd look to Eastman Kodak (EK -> EKDKQ) or MF Global (MF -> MFGLQ) as examples of why " I can buy ZNGA at book" could be a really foolish statement
    Oct 9 11:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Zynga Failed [View article]
    They tried (look for "Project Z" and "Zynga Live") but as they saw, Zynga doesn't benefit from the virtuous cycle of Facebook advertising that way.
    Oct 7 10:39 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Dell Has More Short Term Upside Than Apple [View article]
    DELL down 23%, AAPL up 7.75% ... I hope no one took your advice ...
    Oct 7 03:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Zynga Bulls Need To Look At The Facts [View article]
    I started shorting a very long time ago (above 10) but at these levels I have better uses for the money than to continue shorting. I unfortunately don't have an infinite cash balance so I have to choose which trades I want to pursue.

Also, are you familiar with the concept of profit taking? Sometimes it helps to take profits ...
    Oct 7 10:56 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment