View as an RSS Feed
View Norman Tweed's Articles BY TICKER:
Prospect Capital Is The BDC For Me
- In order to maintain overall portfolio yield at 5%, some high yield stocks are necessary.
- Investment in mREITs, and MLPs do not provide significant diversification in high yield stocks.
- PSEC has a good history of paying consistent high yield dividends.
Does Caterpillar's 17% Dividend Increase Make It A Buy?
- Caterpillar has increased its quarterly dividend 17%.
- A spreadsheet has been run on Caterpillar to see five-year total returns.
- Caterpillar is a strong cyclical dividend growth stock for continued dividend reinvestment.
Is American Capital Agency A Good mREIT For The Buy And Hold Retiree?
- Mortgage REITs suffered in 2013 when the 10 year treasury bond interest rate rose abruptly.
- AGNC cut its dividend twice in 2013, due to its Mortgage Backed Securities portfolio's loss of value.
- AGNC announced excellent results for the first quarter of 2014 and grew book value.
Dominion Resources: Will Natural Gas E&P Make This Stock A Winner For Retirees?
- Retirement investments require safety of principal, even during market collapses.
- D has served me well during my retirement and provided extra funds for my children and grandchildren when times got tough.
- D is a high-growth Dividend Contender with 11 years of increasing dividends.
My Transition To Required Minimum Distributions (RMDs)
- Required Minimum Distributions must be taken from a traditional IRA at age 70 1/2.
- Taxes are paid on these distributions at the regular income tax rate.
- High-yield stocks, such as AGNC, MTGE and LNCO provide income to pay required minimum distributions.
- Cure A Sick Year With Vanguard's Health Care ETF
- Raytheon: New Contracts Make It A Buy
- With The Berry Petroleum/Linn Energy Merger Approved, LINE/LNCO Is A Buy
- Church & Dwight: Dividend Growth For Emerging Market Demand
- Retirement Investment For Those Without A Plan: Vanguard Mid-Cap ETF (VO)
- Comcast: A Stock For The College Fund
- Ross Stores - A Stock For Tapering
- Caterpillar: 15% Dividend Increase Makes It A Buy
- Buy Raytheon For Dividend Growth During The Summer Market Pullback
- Linn Energy - A Stock To Buy With REIT Dividends
- J. M. Smucker Doubled Over Last 5 Years
- 41% Total Return With American Capital Mortgage Investment Corp.
- Procter & Gamble: Breakout?
- Recycle Your Steel Dividends With Nucor
- Norfolk Southern - High Yield Link In The Railroad Pipeline
- Buy Linn Energy For The 7% Yield With No K-1 Hassle
- Buy Caterpillar Now, At The Bottom Of The Business Cycle
- Selling Legacy Mutual Funds For A Retiree's Yield Improvement - Part II
- Invest In Homes With American Capital Mortgage Investment Corp.
- Coffee Time With J. M. Smucker
- Confessions Of A High Yield Investor In Frontier Communications
- Vodafone: A Great Dividend Stock With Special Dividend Kicker
- Cushion The Summer Pullback With Comcast
- Buy Ross Stores For Rapid Growth And Dividend Appreciation
- Verizon: Does The Price Growth Compensate For The 4.89% Yield?
- Buy Intel At The 4% Yield Price
- Is American Capital Mortgage's 16% Yield A Substitute For Agency mREITs?