Norman Tweed

View Norman Tweed's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Dividend Growth IRA Portfolio Update [View article]
    NV_GARY-
    These are all dividend growth stocks which I treat as growth stocks with safety margin of some dividend + dividend growth. They are long-term holds + drip. When you have 18 years to spare before you need to draw down, one can afford low yields.
    Mar 1, 2015. 03:18 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Which Is The Better BDC: TCAP Or PSEC? [View instapost]
    gawilley: You are quite welcome!
    Feb 28, 2015. 04:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Which Is The Better BDC: TCAP Or PSEC? [View instapost]
    Dividend Nut: I have been buying it for a year with every IRA dollar that comes in through dividends. I have 1/5 of a position and building, you can't beat the low P/E price 9.01. I have been holding for $8.33, with current order, but will buy it this coming Friday when AGNC pays the monthly at the current price. I think they are afraid to cut the dividend again and I think the Fed Funds rate will be rising in June. They make money as the interest rate goes up. I think the price of oil will go up and this year will be similar to 2009. It should be good for BDCs, especially those that have already cut the dividend. I am not making large purchases on purpose, since I have been buying down for a year.
    Feb 28, 2015. 04:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Which Is The Better BDC: TCAP Or PSEC? [View instapost]
    DAG Investments:

You're quite welcome!
    Feb 28, 2015. 02:46 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Dividend Growth IRA Portfolio Update [View article]
    Thanks Abba's Aces for your dividend growth Ira portfolio update. I was pleased to see you utilized the Tweed Factor for a first cut at dividend growth stocks. My grandchildren are saving for college with their dividend growth portfolios and the youngest granddaughter (2) has the best growth portfolio of dividend growth stocks that I could get for her. You might consider some low yield stocks for the same reason that she does, higher long-term returns. She has CMCSA, ROST, VHT, and RTN. This year she will be adding CHD. Many of these should have been bought 2 years ago or with RTN, 4 years ago. However, they all have good growth rates and great dividend growth rates. She is a buy and hold investor and drips all of them, because she doesn't have the time to pool dividends and select the correct stock to reinvest in.

I like your idea of financial stocks and am currently amassing a position in PSEC for cash flow in my IRA. I am pooling dividends from T, VZ, CTL and D for doubling the position in CMCSA. ROST gives one a glimpse of what is happening in consumer cyclical and I let that one drip (you can set it and forget it for the next 5 years).
    Feb 28, 2015. 09:55 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Dividend Contenders: 35 Increases Expected By The End Of April [View article]
    Thank you David Fish for this update on Dividend Contenders. Your lists have proven profitable searching grounds for me over the years. I especially like RTN and ROST on your lists today. They have both performed extremely well for me and the reinvested dividends have made them grow that much faster.
    Feb 15, 2015. 07:39 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 26.3% Advantage For 5 Late January Monthly Pay Lowest-Priced, High-Yield Stocks [View article]
    Miz--

It sure is refreshing knowing you're doing the same as I a buying at the bottom. Before my order for PSEC was executed, I lowered it to $8.33.
    Jan 29, 2015. 03:38 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks Fredrik Arnold for this update on Monthly Pay Low priced high-yield stocks. High yield has been on a roller coaster ride these last 3 years. The only way I see to stay in the game is through diversification. I have held on to AGNC, LNCO and PSEC through the dividend cuts and watched the prices fall, especially with the current oil glut. I received my dividend today on MTGE (little brother to AGNC) and placed my limit order for PSEC @ $8.48. When these stocks cut their dividends they usually find a bottom and become quite resilient. I was hoping that PSEC would stay down at $8.33, but it looks like that one wants to run alongside of LNCO (+2.48% yesterday @ $10.35).
    Jan 28, 2015. 03:46 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Roth Conversion Odyssey (Part 2) [View article]
    Thank you David Fish for this update on year 2 of your Roth Conversion. You have done well in both carrying out your plan and saving taxes by closely monitoring the market when you made the conversions. I read an article on Bloomberg yesterday concerning possible tax increases including 529 college fund taxes. In the article they also mentioned possible taxation of Roth IRAs. I have found that once I have a plan, such as RMD payments, I need to carry it out in spite of noise in the media!
    Jan 25, 2015. 03:58 AM | 8 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 10 Ace Nasdaq Dividend Dogs Average 19% New Year Upsides; 5 Average 8.6% Downsides [View article]
    Thanks Hardog!
    Jan 20, 2015. 03:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks Fredrik Arnold for this update on 10 Ace Nasdaq Dogs. I'm actively building a position in CMCSA in my regular account. The Tweed Factor is +14.35 and the pending merger with TWC should improve growth. Likewise, I hold a position in QCOM, with a Tweed Factor of +6.58 and should do better once they solve their antitrust problems with China. Your growth projections are reassuring!
    Jan 19, 2015. 12:38 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Buy Vanguard Health Care ETF (VHT) 2015 Best Sector  [View instapost]
    You're quite welcome, Dividend Nut! You might also look at PG, SJM, and KMB in the consumer staples sector. I have dripped PG since my initial purchase in 1980 and returns have been fantastic. One of my granddaughters holds KMB in her college fund and it has done well for her in the last 5 years. The spin off of HYH has provided considerable capital gains since it occurred, but it has yet to pay a dividend.

Good luck with your investing!
    Jan 13, 2015. 05:12 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • An Assorted List Of Mojo, Catalyst, Overhang And Contrarian Stocks For 2015 [View article]
    Thanks Ray Merola for this assorted list of stocks for 2015. I like your contrarian picks of NUE, T, and financial stocks. I agree on NUE and T and still drip NUE, although I pool the dividends from T being overweight in that sector. I think that financial stocks will rise with the interest rate this year and it should be possible to sell existing positions on the early gains. It appears to me that financials will go up all year, but if you need RMDs, the first quarter should be the time to sell some. Health care sector should be great again this year due to demographics (Baby Boomers retiring), I still drip them.
    Jan 10, 2015. 12:46 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 10 Elite Financial Dividend Dogs Boast 21% To 47.5% January Upsides [View article]
    Thank you Fredrik Arnold for this update on Elite Financial Dividend Dogs. The projected upside for the entire sector is reassuring. I continue to dollar cost average into PSEC and appreciate the 3.51% price increase so far this year. Dividends received from AGNC today and order placed for PSEC.
    Jan 10, 2015. 04:55 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Comcast And The Merger War Of 2015 [View instapost]
    Happy New Year to you, too Miz! I think the high yielders have just begun to fight!
    Jan 4, 2015. 03:04 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment