Norman Tweed

View Norman Tweed's Comments BY TICKER:
  • 7 Basic Materials Dividend Dogs Hunt 10.3% To 40.7% August Upsides [View article]
    Thank you Fredrik Arnold for this update on 7 Basic Materials Dogs. I like LNCO and am dollar cost averaging into the position each month. The only way that I can see them gaining the 13.67% upside is through a dividend increase (I think 6% this year). They have to keep up with Kinder Morgan and that stock has set a high standard.
    Aug 17 08:55 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 10 Bad Boy All-Star Dividend Dogs Stalk 17.8% August Upsides [View article]
    It's a race to the top!
    Aug 16 01:10 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Dividend Challengers: 16 Increases Expected By October 31 [View article]
    maybenot,

I, too am interested in the LINE/LNCO dividend. With all the swaps of acreage they have been making, they should have the cash to do something. I would like to see 6% increase.
    Aug 16 01:09 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 10 Bad Boy All-Star Dividend Dogs Stalk 17.8% August Upsides [View article]
    Miz,

You're ahead of me with PSEC, but I put in my monthly order today when the LNCO dividend arrived.
    Aug 16 05:30 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 10 Bad Boy All-Star Dividend Dogs Stalk 17.8% August Upsides [View article]
    I'm with you WFTilson4! I am building a position in PSEC each month as funds become available. So far, I like the ride.
    Aug 15 04:05 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Dividend Champions For August 2014 [View article]
    Thank you Paul for your cautions. I'm afraid that I did not make myself clear in my comment. I hold LNCO in both an IRA and a regular account. It is the regular account that I was talking about, where the return of capital would not incur current taxes. I am now buying LNCO only for the regular account as funds become available on a monthly basis. When the RMD is taken, it will be a transfer of additional shares from the IRA to the regular account and regular income tax will be paid in that year on the entire transfer.
    Aug 15 04:02 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Next Big Thing Makers And Shapers Boast 10% To 36% August Upsides [View article]
    Thank you Fredrik Arnold for this update on Thing Makers and Shapers. I hold QCOM and am pleased with the upside shown of 14.85%. There is a lot of controversy on this stock in China and I believe that is what is holding it down presently.
    Aug 12 04:46 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 10 Bad Boy All-Star Dividend Dogs Stalk 17.8% August Upsides [View article]
    GuyGrim,

Thanks for the shout out! I think you are on the right track with high-yield investments for at least a portion of your portfolio. I am shooting for 25% of mine. However, I still hold the traditional dividend growth stocks to complete their sector allocations of the SPY. I use LNCO for my Energy allocation. I use PSEC for financials and AGNC & MTGE for real estate. I have a total portfolio yield of 5.1% and am in my second 15 years of retirement. Helping out the extended family during these hard times requires cash flow and as they progress through college and try to get jobs, they still need my help.
    Aug 12 01:28 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Linn Energy And The Value Of 'Under Promise, Over Deliver' [View article]
    Dave Tower,

I'm with you and long LNCO. I believe they have the cash flow for a 6% distribution increase this year.
    Aug 12 10:28 AM | 10 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 10 Bad Boy All-Star Dividend Dogs Stalk 17.8% August Upsides [View article]
    Thank you Fredrik Arnold for this update on 10 Bad Boy Dogs. I am actively averaging into PSEC each month and hope that it will help fund my RMDs. Its yield currently beats many mREITs and MLPs.
    Aug 12 04:32 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Uralkali: The Possible Outcome Of The Russia-Ukraine Conflict [View article]
    worldbank-

You make some good points. Would this total monopoly position be similar to China's corner on molybdenum and rare earths? It appears that China brought foreign suppliers back into the market when they slowed shipments. I would think there is a lower price that Uralkali could improve its profits and volume to what its marginal costs would be. I am not sure about the strength of foreign currencies or distribution channels, although I believe the distribution channel problem could be fixed.
    Aug 11 09:53 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Uralkali: The Possible Outcome Of The Russia-Ukraine Conflict [View article]
    If they lower the price, they can raise the volume a lot. In fact, they can take the entire market and drive others out of business if they have the capacity. Once they have a monopoly, they can raise the price to the monopoly maximum point and increase profits considerably.
    Aug 9 02:26 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Uralkali: The Possible Outcome Of The Russia-Ukraine Conflict [View article]
    Thank you Sarita Pereira for this informative update on the potash industry and URalkali in particular. There seems to be a large spread between production cost for Uralkali and sales price ($62 vs. $305). Why doesn't Uralkali lower prices across the board and take over the entire market? It seems they are reaping excess profit on a small portion of the sales and could operate at the point of marginal revenue = marginal cost.
    Aug 9 09:10 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Prospect Capital Is The BDC For Me [View article]
    Thank you Donkey Dust for your comments. I agree that PSEC is a great storage place for cash. I use the dividends presently to buy LNCO. I will look into FSC.
    Aug 9 03:12 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Catching Up With The DGI Lite DiviDogs [View article]
    Thank you Miz for this update on the DGI Lite DiviDogs. I like your rule #4 and have begun using it in my portfolio. I find the monthly dividend stream grows the fastest for me. However, I have strayed from the CCC stocks with high yielders like PSEC and LNCO.
    Aug 6 04:16 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment