Norman Tweed

View Norman Tweed's Comments BY TICKER:
  • 10 Top Nasdaq Dividend Dogs Average 11% Nov./Dec. Upsides; 6 More Average 8% Downsides [View article]
    Thank you Fredrik Arnold for this article on 10 Nasdaq Dogs. I own three of them and like the upsides on CMCSA, QCOM and VOD. I am actively adding new money to CMCSA and think that is the best of the three.
    Dec 10, 2014. 03:53 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Prospect Capital: Implications Of Below NAV Issuance [View article]
    Order filled @ $8.35.
    Dec 8, 2014. 01:22 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Prospect Capital: Implications Of Below NAV Issuance [View article]
    I pool dividends and drip these into PSEC each month. This weekend AGNC and CTL payed their dividends. I entered a limit order for PSEC @ $8.89. I am building a long-term position.
    Dec 7, 2014. 12:56 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Ace BDCs Score 11-15% Yield; 12-36% Upside; 23-48% Net Gain In December [View article]
    Thanks Fredrik Arnold for this update on BDC aces. My dividends arrived this weekend from AGNC and CTL and the limit order is in on PSEC @ $8.89.
    Dec 7, 2014. 03:42 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Will Natural Gas Exceed 2014 Prices This Season? [View instapost]
    Mathieu,

They look promising. Their dividend record is less than 5 years and that scares me. I like to run studies of 5 years or more to verify their consistency. It would be good to know the percentage of their revenues that are from natural gas. If it is higher than oil, they might be a good buy.
    Dec 7, 2014. 03:21 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Rotation Into Consumer Cyclicals Makes ROST A Buy [View instapost]
    kolpin,

You make a good point about the strong dollar! I have watched both TGT and WMT for 5 years and never pulled the trigger, due to low yield and slow growth. I was scared away from TGT when they went into Canada and had the data breach. I have looked at TJX and used to shop there, it may be a good buy.
    Dec 7, 2014. 03:11 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 9 Monthly Dividend Payers See 53% To 108% End-November Upsides [View article]
    Thank you jndblu for that wonderful interview with Grier Eliasek. A fellow UVA engineer! He seems to know his stuff around financials and banking and even natural gas. I didn't know they started as Prospect Energy. I feel like holding on and buying more!
    Dec 4, 2014. 10:52 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 9 Monthly Dividend Payers See 53% To 108% End-November Upsides [View article]
    Thanks Fredrik Arnold for this update on 9 Monthly dividend payers. It has been a rough fall for both LNCO and PSEC, but I'm holding in there and like the prospective numbers that your analysts put up.
    Dec 4, 2014. 03:09 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Equity Investing Or Index Investing [View article]
    Thanks Chowder for this tutorial on Equity Investing. I like your time frame of 20 years and consider it to equal a generation. My Tweed Factor is similar to your Chowder rule and simulates long-term total return. We both agree on ROST as a great investment.
    Dec 2, 2014. 03:49 AM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 10 Basic Materials Dogs Tail 35% To 200% November Upsides [View article]
    Thanks Fredrik Arnold for this update on 10 Basic Materials Dogs. LNCO really took a beating yesterday -18.24%--due to the oil stocks crash. It was hard to stomach. However, they haven't cut the dividend so the 17% yield looks great. I had another one like this before (FTR) and had to wait several years for it to come back. I ride them into the ground if they still look fundamentally good to me.
    Nov 29, 2014. 08:49 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The CCC DiviDogs 2011 - Year 1 [View article]
    Thanks Miz for this update on CCC DiviDogs 2011. I have continued to hold CTL even after they stopped raising their dividend. I have also moved to your idea of accumulating dividends and buying the highest yielder (currently PSEC). I still drip stocks with a good dividend growth rate, like ROST, CMCSA, and RTN. My overall portfolio yield is 5.11%. As my expenses go up, I am looking to build up to a 6% overall yield, like you show.
    Nov 21, 2014. 05:39 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Will Natural Gas Exceed 2014 Prices This Season? [View instapost]
    Robert Jordan:

Thanks for reading. I am of the opinion that there is a current oversupply of natural gas, especially in the Marcellus shale. There is the problem of shipping it out and piping it to the south and east. Dominion is working on a pipeline south for utility use and will go to court to get permits if necessary.

There are several proposed new gas fired generation stations located on it. One is from ODEC.

Nov 20, 2014. 02:32 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Will Natural Gas Exceed 2014 Prices This Season? [View instapost]
    Miz--You still have time, but don't take too much!
    Nov 20, 2014. 03:15 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Will Natural Gas Exceed 2014 Prices This Season? [View instapost]
    Thanks hotmix for your comments. I think we are at the beginning of a long bull run!
    Nov 19, 2014. 02:45 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Dividend Champions: 11 Increases Expected By The End Of January [View article]
    Thank you David Fish for this heads up on Dividend Champion increases. I like your chart on T and have held that one for a long time. Only this year did I stop dripping it to harvest the income. NUE seems primed to take off if the global economy picks up. It is only up 3.93% with dividends reinvested so far this year. However, it has increased 14.43% since I purchased it in 2011 with dividends reinvested.
    Nov 16, 2014. 01:08 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment