Norman Tweed

View Norman Tweed's Comments BY TICKER:
  • 30 Bad Boy All Star Dividend Dogs Track 12% August Upsides [View article]
    Miz--You and me both!
    Sep 15 03:26 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 30 Bad Boy All Star Dividend Dogs Track 12% August Upsides [View article]
    smurf,

I read it and see that he is out of PSEC. I think of this stock as similar to LNCO during last year's long winter. The management seems to have a plan for increasing the yield of the portfolio. I'm sticking with dollar cost averaging, having faith. I'll probably pick up your shares on the first trade if the market continues its downtrend today.
    Sep 15 03:25 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Retirement Strategy: How Will Rising Interest Rates Affect Dividend Growth Investors? [View article]
    Thanks Regarded Solutions for this strategy session. I like your idea of bank stocks in a rising interest rate market. I hold FSLBX at Fidelity and note that last year it was up 48.87%. This year has been real slow at +1.71%. I believe it is poised to run up in the 4th quarter, based on the sudden interest rate rise we saw on Friday. I think it is still too early for bond funds.
    Sep 14 08:58 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 30 Bad Boy All Star Dividend Dogs Track 12% August Upsides [View article]
    Urbannek--Glad to hear from you. BDC Buzz doesn't like drama or uncovered dividends in BDCs either. I'll look into MCC since both you and BDC Buzz like it. This would be my second position in the BDC industry.

I am a firm believer in MTGE and have a full position. I buy and hold that one and AGNC. There are others which may be good and I have glanced at DX, CYS and RSO. For high yield you may want to look at VGR, although when Chuck Carnevale reviewed it on FAST Graphs, he couldn't figure out how it made all that money.
    Sep 14 08:08 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 30 Bad Boy All Star Dividend Dogs Track 12% August Upsides [View article]
    Thank you Fredrik Arnold for this update on Bad Boy Stocks. I am building a position in PSEC and put in my order for Monday at $10.18. September is a volatile month and I hope this one gets filled. A price increase of 7% over the coming year would be nice, but I buy it for the 12% yield.
    Sep 14 03:56 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Dividend Challengers: 12 Increases Expected In The Next 11 Weeks [View article]
    David Fish,

I appreciate your keeping up with the near challengers. I am hopeful that LINE raises its dividend, but it is not a sure thing. However, by dollar cost averaging each month, I am building a position. The high yield makes it a sound long term investment for me, but a dividend increase would be icing on the cake.
    Sep 14 03:48 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Resource Wars [View instapost]
    heglimp,

I agree with your comment on the price difference being significant to producers. I believe that as infrastructure increases the price differential will be significantly reduced. The main problem that I see is getting government permission to export crude to keep the WTI price up.
    Sep 2 03:08 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Resource Wars [View instapost]
    Miz--You should be able to buy it anytime over the next 3 years at gradually increasing prices. I think the minimum yield will be 8% like it was when it first came out. The longer you hold it, the bigger the dividend should be. I think you can look for a yield + dividend growth rate of 14 (8% yield +6% dgr). I go about buying it in monthly chunks sometimes less than $1000 when dividends come in from other stocks.
    Sep 1 12:51 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Dividend Champions For September 2014 [View article]
    Thank you David Fish for your comprehensive CCC charts. I have noticed the trend in European stocks and currency adverse effects on stock prices as well as dividends. I trimmed my European holdings in August for this reason.
    Aug 31 03:42 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Conversation With Prospect's Grier Eliasek [View article]
    Thanks Dividend Sleuth for a thorough interview of senior management of PSEC. I gained a good feeling about this investment in difficult times and will continue monthly additions as my dividend funds come in.
    Aug 29 10:36 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 6 MoPay Dogs Sport 12% To 31% Intra-August Upsides [View article]
    Straw,

I agree on LNCO and am building a full position in my regular account. I buy it the same way as I buy PSEC and have a low cost basis by purchasing it last year and this year when it was out of favor. Just a little each month and in the long run the position is built.
    Aug 27 05:05 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 6 MoPay Dogs Sport 12% To 31% Intra-August Upsides [View article]
    Straw,

There are two ways of looking at that. I place a monthly limit order at a price I think will provide shares that month. If I wanted the best price, I would use the book value ($10.56 on PSEC now). My goal is to build up the income stream of the 12% yield and I want to get the shares each month at some price. Over the long term these shares average out, hopefully to the book value, but may be higher, due to the premium. I have learned that waiting has cost me dividends over the years.
    Aug 27 05:03 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 6 MoPay Dogs Sport 12% To 31% Intra-August Upsides [View article]
    Miz,

Taxes are a major consideration for retirees. Once your capital gains take you out of lower tax brackets, taxes can be a major drag on your income. I have only held LNCO in my traditional IRA until this year. There are other considerations including depletion on these energy companies and I am hoping that they maintain a low taxable distribution for some time. Return of capital is great, but when you sell like I sold FTR this year, it comes back on the stock as decreased basis.

Enjoy your new home!
    Aug 27 05:00 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 6 MoPay Dogs Sport 12% To 31% Intra-August Upsides [View article]
    Miz,

It sure feels good to have a regular brokerage account. I need mine for RMDs and use LNCO as the high yield stock in it (return of capital reduces current income tax). Watch those dividends grow in the regular account. You might want to spend them. The new book value of $10.56 on PSEC should mean it stays down near that for several days or maybe months.
    Aug 26 12:42 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 6 MoPay Dogs Sport 12% To 31% Intra-August Upsides [View article]
    I picked up my limit order on PSEC for this month on the open today. It cost me $10.73, but it is now down to 10.62. Great buy!
    Aug 26 10:15 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment