Norman Tweed

View Norman Tweed's Comments BY TICKER:
  • 5 Mid-April MoPay Dogs Point To 20% To 39% Upsides [View article]
    Thank you Fredrik Arnold for this update on monthly pay dogs. I see that LNCO has 24.42% upside. I sure enjoy the monthly dividend payments and have not been disappointed by dividend cuts with this 10% yielder.
    Apr 20 01:24 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dominion Resources: Will Natural Gas E&P Make This Stock A Winner For Retirees? [View article]
    Thank you chowder for this in-depth analysis by Investing Daily. It appears that no MLP shares or special dividends will be given to D shareholders.
    Apr 15 02:45 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Kinder Morgan Energy Partners: Do Not, Ever, Underestimate The Distribution Yield [View article]
    Thanks Achilles Research for some good information on long-term market returns. This is especially important during volatile times, like the present.
    Apr 15 08:39 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Tips2

I can't find anyplace in the registration statement that says D holders will receive MLP shares. I have not found any other information at Dominion's site, either.
    Apr 15 04:14 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Cure A Sick Year With Vanguard's Health Care ETF [View article]
    frank paxman--I believe you made a good purchase at a low price. Sales like this don't come often!
    Apr 13 05:04 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Cure A Sick Year With Vanguard's Health Care ETF [View article]
    natashastar--you may have picked a good day, it was down 2.58 to $184.88.
    Apr 12 03:28 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Cure A Sick Year With Vanguard's Health Care ETF [View article]
    frank paxman--I have a theory on that.

Apr 11 10:36 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Cure A Sick Year With Vanguard's Health Care ETF [View article]
    natashastar--You have a good ETF. I am not usually good a picking an entry point and usually buy at yesterday's low price. However, it appears that 100.63 was the low for this year in February. I think it is on sale now, even at 102. I'm looking for a bargain today myself, but after I put in my order for LNCO at yesterday's low, the stock has gone straight up.
    Apr 11 09:57 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Cure A Sick Year With Vanguard's Health Care ETF [View article]
    Once again, frank paxman, I agree wholeheartedly.
    Apr 10 02:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Cure A Sick Year With Vanguard's Health Care ETF [View article]
    Thanks frank paxman for your comments. I agree wholeheartedly!
    Apr 10 02:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dividend Growth Investing: Is Total Return A Useful Metric? [View article]
    Thank you David Crosetti for this fine article showing room for total return in a dividend growth portfolio. In retirement, you need some stocks that you can sell when emergencies come up. Also, gifts for the grandchildren's education can be more easily provided if you have some high flying positions over and above the core.
    Apr 10 04:27 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Coke Leads Aristocrat Dogs With 15% March Upside [View article]
    Thank you Fredrik Arnold for this update on Aristocratic Dogs. I really like the 9% upside for PG. This goes along with the recent dividend increase of 7% and the new yield of 3.2%. I also like NUE's 5.89% upside and believe that it may be higher, based on emerging market demand. NUE had a 27.51% run last year with dividends reinvested.
    Apr 8 03:13 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks bill_kal for your comments. I see where you're coming from, having been slaughtered in LNCO so far in the last year's bear attacks. Being a dividend investor, I don't much care about the price change as long as the dividend keeps rising.
    Apr 6 08:49 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Monthly Pay Dogs: 3 Buy And Hold Lists For April [View article]
    Thank you Fredrik Arnold for these expanded monthly pay stock lists. I see LNCO has made it to the top of the price appreciation list with 26% upside. I really like the monthly dividend and the tax consequences of return of capital.
    Apr 6 03:45 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    rlp2451--It appears that D will retain most shares for themselves. This should increase the value of D stock.

Apr 2 03:31 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment