Norman Tweed

View Norman Tweed's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Dividend Champions: 22 Increases Expected By Year-End [View article]
    Thank you David Fish for this heads up on Dividend Champion expected increases. I drip NUE and even though it is down -4.43% this year coupled with the small dividend increase last year, I still like it. There has been a turnaround in the United States in construction and some increase in steel purchases. NUE has lowered its cost of production through direct reduction of iron ore plants using natural gas as fuel. I would think the dividend increase this year will reflect these improvements.
    Oct 19 04:18 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • CCC Dogs See 12.4% To 30.7% September Upsides [View article]
    Thank you Fredrik Arnold for this update on CCC Dogs. My LNCO dividend was posted today , so I put in my dollar cost averaging order for PSEC @ $9.64. I sure do appreciate the 12.42% upside projection on it.
    Oct 18 05:00 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Monthly Pay Dividend Dogs: Elite Lists For October [View article]
    Miz, Not only did you pick the bottom for your LNCO purchase, but your ongoing DCA is commendable. You might note that you got a raise when AGNC went monthly. It now pays $.22 per month or $.66 per quarter versus $.65 per quarter previously! I too, like the dispersion of the monthly payers around the month, it makes for more opportunities to get bargains.
    Oct 18 04:51 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Roth Conversion Odyssey (Part 1) [View article]
    Thank you David Fish for this series on Roth conversion. I was fully retired in 2000 and expenses including family obligations during the ensuing years prevented me from paying extra taxes for Roth conversion. I waited for RMDs and find that they are not too onerous in the lower tax brackets where I remain. My mother had a Roth when she died in 2009 and the heirs have still not received any of it. You must have designated beneficiaries on your Roth or traditional IRA or distribution becomes onerous.
    Oct 15 04:30 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Monthly Pay Dividend Dogs: Elite Lists For October [View article]
    Congratulations, Miz! You waited until you got a real bargain. I'm still dollar cost averaging PSEC and LNCO, but as the price declines my principal dwindles. However, as the dividend holds up I get higher yield. I never thought I'd see 13.5% yield on LNCO again.
    Oct 15 03:28 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Monthly Pay Dividend Dogs: Elite Lists For October [View article]
    Thank you Fredrik Arnold for this inclusive list of monthly paying stocks and securities. I own LNCO, PSEC, and AGNC on your list. With the current downdraft in the market, AGNC is doing well, but the other two are falling back in price. It may be time to add more shares of LNCO and PSEC, especially in a dollar cost averaging scenario with new funds.
    Oct 12 03:19 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Monthly Versus Quarterly Dividends: The 30-Year Case Of A Popular mREIT [View article]
    Thanks Chris Davis for an instructive analysis of the new monthly dividend for AGNC vs the quarterly payment. I wish to instruct my grandchildren on compounding of dividends using your article and wish you would change the final monthly calculation in bold from quarterly as you have written to monthly. Several members of our family have invested in AGNC for the past several years and it sure makes you feel good during times like the last week.
    Oct 11 08:01 AM | 8 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2 0f 3 Russell Dividend Dog Indices Favor Lowest-Priced High Yielders [View article]
    Thanks Fredrik Arnold for 2 of 3 Russell Dividend Dogs. I hold both MTGE and AGNC and note that they have held up well during the current downdraft. A 26% gain for MTGE would be appreciated. AGNC has switched to monthly dividend payment and I hope MTGE follows suit. These stocks do well in a falling 10-yr treasury bond interest rate environment.
    Oct 9 01:34 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 7 Russell 1000 Dogs Rip 21% To 57% September Upsides [View article]
    Thanks Fredrik Arnold for this update on 7 Russell 1000 Dogs. I hold the last on your list AGNC and note that it has recently become a monthly dividend payer.

Oct 6 05:29 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Sell General Mills And Buy Procter & Gamble [View article]
    Thanks Ray for this thorough comparison of PG and GIS. PG is a core stock in my portfolio first purchased in 1980 @4% yield. I have invested in it on and off until they started the drip plan. I made strategic purchases around 2000 when the price dropped and have continued to drip this stock. I have never sold a share. I am quite pleased with the yield + dividend growth rate, looking for a 10% annual return perpetually.
    Oct 5 05:36 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • American Capital Agency (AGNC) Goes Monthly [View instapost]
    Good for you, Miz!
    Oct 5 03:55 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • American Capital Agency (AGNC) Goes Monthly [View instapost]
    Smarty--The leaves are changing all around me here in Bumpass. The colors are just beginning to become spectacular. I sat out on the deck this morning and just watched them for hours.
    Oct 4 12:18 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 6 Nascent Nasdaq Dividend Dogs Bust 18% To 28.5% September Upsides [View article]
    Thank you Fredrik Arnold for this article on 6 Nasdaq Dogs. I have been increasing my position in CMCSA this year as it floats along with a 3.24% growth year to date. I am waiting for the merger with Time Warner Cable for some higher growth. Your 17.8% growth for next year would be appreciated. For now, I'll just accumulate.
    Oct 4 08:47 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 8 Deft Dow Dogs Denote 11% To 20% September Price Surge [View article]
    Thanks Fredrik Arnold for the 8 Deaf Dow Dogs. There are many catalysts for movement of the stocks in your list; especially GE (with divestment and refocus), UTX and BA (with geopolitical instability), V, AXP and JPM with capital markets consolidation and VZ with structural changes in media and telecommunications. However, the one I like from a growth standpoint is CAT (+12.59% with dividends reinvested so far this year).
    Sep 29 08:21 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Nucor: More Upside In Store For This Steelmaker [View article]
    Thank you Anup Singh for this thorough report on NUE. I bought it in 2011 at the 4% yield point and have been quite pleased with its 15% growth per year including dividends reinvested. I agree that the economy is picking up and NUE could grow at the rate of 30% per year with increasing dividends (27% growth with dividends in 2013).
    Sep 28 09:35 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment