Norman Tweed

View Norman Tweed's Comments BY TICKER:
  • 8 Deft Dow Dogs Denote 11% To 20% September Price Surge [View article]
    Thanks Fredrik Arnold for the 8 Deaf Dow Dogs. There are many catalysts for movement of the stocks in your list; especially GE (with divestment and refocus), UTX and BA (with geopolitical instability), V, AXP and JPM with capital markets consolidation and VZ with structural changes in media and telecommunications. However, the one I like from a growth standpoint is CAT (+12.59% with dividends reinvested so far this year).
    Sep 29 08:21 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Nucor: More Upside In Store For This Steelmaker [View article]
    Thank you Anup Singh for this thorough report on NUE. I bought it in 2011 at the 4% yield point and have been quite pleased with its 15% growth per year including dividends reinvested. I agree that the economy is picking up and NUE could grow at the rate of 30% per year with increasing dividends (27% growth with dividends in 2013).
    Sep 28 09:35 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Retired Investors: Learn The Success Secret Of All Great Value Investors: Part 2 [View article]
    Thanks Chuck Carnevale for this treatise on retired investor's proper risk considerations. I agree with you, especially on knowing the intrinsic value of the stocks in the portfolio. I strive for 10% yield (preferably paid monthly) for the 25% of my portfolio that is high yield. After 15 years of retirement, I have found that my expenses have risen yearly. Today, I picked up more LNCO at the open ($29.37) even though it was down yesterday and looked like free fall today. I think it is worth $29 at present (paying $2.90 annual dividend) It has bounced around all day, but is still at $29.44. This fits my dollar cost averaging procedure for these high yield stocks. It is hard for this stock to fall below the 10% yield point. I think it will go back to raising the dividend this year, but am happy with the current monthly dividend.
    Sep 23 01:19 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Procter & Gamble: More Than Just A Bond Substitute [View article]
    Thank you Tom Arnold for a well reasoned case for PG. I have been a long time holder and dripper when they started the program. Over the long term, I believe total return of dividend growth stocks, like PG = yield + 5yr dividend growth rate. With the current yield 3.2% and 5yr dividend growth rate of 8.8% I get a value of 12%. Since I drip the stock, this jives closely with my 5 year return of 10% annually. Over the long run, this stock is cyclical as can be seen by the dip in 2008 and climb back up to today. My original purchase was in 1980 @4% yield and for long term buys, that would be my yield point. I am satisfied with the 10% annual return and note that the yield is growing toward my 4% requirement for strategic purchase. For short term trades, I would not consider a strategic purchase until the P/E drops to 12. I still think it is overpriced and only a drip investment.
    Sep 22 09:22 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 9 Monthly Pay Dividend Dogs Tag 16% To 45.6% Early September Upsides [View article]
    Thank you Fredrik Arnold for this update on 9 monthly paying dogs. Both of my current dollar cost averaging stocks appear at the bottom of your chart. LNCO has settled around $30 which I think is a fair price. PSEC has been volatile and my last order filled at $10.16. At present it is back to $10.21 and I like that price and 13% yield.
    Sep 18 03:37 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 30 Bad Boy All Star Dividend Dogs Track 12% August Upsides [View article]
    Got my monthly PSEC at $10.16 on the open. It fell further to $10.11.
    Sep 15 10:23 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 30 Bad Boy All Star Dividend Dogs Track 12% August Upsides [View article]
    Miz--You and me both!
    Sep 15 03:26 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 30 Bad Boy All Star Dividend Dogs Track 12% August Upsides [View article]
    smurf,

I read it and see that he is out of PSEC. I think of this stock as similar to LNCO during last year's long winter. The management seems to have a plan for increasing the yield of the portfolio. I'm sticking with dollar cost averaging, having faith. I'll probably pick up your shares on the first trade if the market continues its downtrend today.
    Sep 15 03:25 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Retirement Strategy: How Will Rising Interest Rates Affect Dividend Growth Investors? [View article]
    Thanks Regarded Solutions for this strategy session. I like your idea of bank stocks in a rising interest rate market. I hold FSLBX at Fidelity and note that last year it was up 48.87%. This year has been real slow at +1.71%. I believe it is poised to run up in the 4th quarter, based on the sudden interest rate rise we saw on Friday. I think it is still too early for bond funds.
    Sep 14 08:58 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 30 Bad Boy All Star Dividend Dogs Track 12% August Upsides [View article]
    Urbannek--Glad to hear from you. BDC Buzz doesn't like drama or uncovered dividends in BDCs either. I'll look into MCC since both you and BDC Buzz like it. This would be my second position in the BDC industry.

I am a firm believer in MTGE and have a full position. I buy and hold that one and AGNC. There are others which may be good and I have glanced at DX, CYS and RSO. For high yield you may want to look at VGR, although when Chuck Carnevale reviewed it on FAST Graphs, he couldn't figure out how it made all that money.
    Sep 14 08:08 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 30 Bad Boy All Star Dividend Dogs Track 12% August Upsides [View article]
    Thank you Fredrik Arnold for this update on Bad Boy Stocks. I am building a position in PSEC and put in my order for Monday at $10.18. September is a volatile month and I hope this one gets filled. A price increase of 7% over the coming year would be nice, but I buy it for the 12% yield.
    Sep 14 03:56 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Dividend Challengers: 12 Increases Expected In The Next 11 Weeks [View article]
    David Fish,

I appreciate your keeping up with the near challengers. I am hopeful that LINE raises its dividend, but it is not a sure thing. However, by dollar cost averaging each month, I am building a position. The high yield makes it a sound long term investment for me, but a dividend increase would be icing on the cake.
    Sep 14 03:48 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Resource Wars [View instapost]
    heglimp,

I agree with your comment on the price difference being significant to producers. I believe that as infrastructure increases the price differential will be significantly reduced. The main problem that I see is getting government permission to export crude to keep the WTI price up.
    Sep 2 03:08 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Resource Wars [View instapost]
    Miz--You should be able to buy it anytime over the next 3 years at gradually increasing prices. I think the minimum yield will be 8% like it was when it first came out. The longer you hold it, the bigger the dividend should be. I think you can look for a yield + dividend growth rate of 14 (8% yield +6% dgr). I go about buying it in monthly chunks sometimes less than $1000 when dividends come in from other stocks.
    Sep 1 12:51 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Dividend Champions For September 2014 [View article]
    Thank you David Fish for your comprehensive CCC charts. I have noticed the trend in European stocks and currency adverse effects on stock prices as well as dividends. I trimmed my European holdings in August for this reason.
    Aug 31 03:42 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment