Norman Tweed

View Norman Tweed's Comments BY TICKER:
  • 26.3% Advantage For 5 Late January Monthly Pay Lowest-Priced, High-Yield Stocks [View article]
    Miz--

It sure is refreshing knowing you're doing the same as I a buying at the bottom. Before my order for PSEC was executed, I lowered it to $8.33.
    Jan 29, 2015. 03:38 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks Fredrik Arnold for this update on Monthly Pay Low priced high-yield stocks. High yield has been on a roller coaster ride these last 3 years. The only way I see to stay in the game is through diversification. I have held on to AGNC, LNCO and PSEC through the dividend cuts and watched the prices fall, especially with the current oil glut. I received my dividend today on MTGE (little brother to AGNC) and placed my limit order for PSEC @ $8.48. When these stocks cut their dividends they usually find a bottom and become quite resilient. I was hoping that PSEC would stay down at $8.33, but it looks like that one wants to run alongside of LNCO (+2.48% yesterday @ $10.35).
    Jan 28, 2015. 03:46 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Roth Conversion Odyssey (Part 2) [View article]
    Thank you David Fish for this update on year 2 of your Roth Conversion. You have done well in both carrying out your plan and saving taxes by closely monitoring the market when you made the conversions. I read an article on Bloomberg yesterday concerning possible tax increases including 529 college fund taxes. In the article they also mentioned possible taxation of Roth IRAs. I have found that once I have a plan, such as RMD payments, I need to carry it out in spite of noise in the media!
    Jan 25, 2015. 03:58 AM | 8 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 10 Ace Nasdaq Dividend Dogs Average 19% New Year Upsides; 5 Average 8.6% Downsides [View article]
    Thanks Hardog!
    Jan 20, 2015. 03:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks Fredrik Arnold for this update on 10 Ace Nasdaq Dogs. I'm actively building a position in CMCSA in my regular account. The Tweed Factor is +14.35 and the pending merger with TWC should improve growth. Likewise, I hold a position in QCOM, with a Tweed Factor of +6.58 and should do better once they solve their antitrust problems with China. Your growth projections are reassuring!
    Jan 19, 2015. 12:38 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Buy Vanguard Health Care ETF (VHT) 2015 Best Sector  [View instapost]
    You're quite welcome, Dividend Nut! You might also look at PG, SJM, and KMB in the consumer staples sector. I have dripped PG since my initial purchase in 1980 and returns have been fantastic. One of my granddaughters holds KMB in her college fund and it has done well for her in the last 5 years. The spin off of HYH has provided considerable capital gains since it occurred, but it has yet to pay a dividend.

Good luck with your investing!
    Jan 13, 2015. 05:12 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • An Assorted List Of Mojo, Catalyst, Overhang And Contrarian Stocks For 2015 [View article]
    Thanks Ray Merola for this assorted list of stocks for 2015. I like your contrarian picks of NUE, T, and financial stocks. I agree on NUE and T and still drip NUE, although I pool the dividends from T being overweight in that sector. I think that financial stocks will rise with the interest rate this year and it should be possible to sell existing positions on the early gains. It appears to me that financials will go up all year, but if you need RMDs, the first quarter should be the time to sell some. Health care sector should be great again this year due to demographics (Baby Boomers retiring), I still drip them.
    Jan 10, 2015. 12:46 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 10 Elite Financial Dividend Dogs Boast 21% To 47.5% January Upsides [View article]
    Thank you Fredrik Arnold for this update on Elite Financial Dividend Dogs. The projected upside for the entire sector is reassuring. I continue to dollar cost average into PSEC and appreciate the 3.51% price increase so far this year. Dividends received from AGNC today and order placed for PSEC.
    Jan 10, 2015. 04:55 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Comcast And The Merger War Of 2015 [View instapost]
    Happy New Year to you, too Miz! I think the high yielders have just begun to fight!
    Jan 4, 2015. 03:04 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Monthly Pay Dividend Dogs: A .79% Advantage For 5 Lowest Price High Yield December 26 Issues [View article]
    Thank you Fredrik Arnold for this update on MoPay Dogs. Dividends from other stocks arrived last week. Order placed for PSEC @ $8.40, executed at $8.38 at the open today. Stock is beginning to climb today. This is part of my regular dollar cost averaging program into PSEC.
    Dec 29, 2014. 09:49 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Pairing Dogs Of The Dow, 2015 Edition [View instapost]
    Thank you Tom for your choices among the Dogs of the Dow for 2015. I agree with T, and CAT--and own them; T in full position and CAT growing from 1/2 position through dividend reinvestment. I have followed MCD for years, always waiting for 4% yield and never buying. KO is a stock that I have also followed for years, but never purchased--due to the low yield. I'm thinking of buying MCD this year, especially if the yield rises to 4%.
    Dec 29, 2014. 03:53 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Raytheon Just Keeps Growing [View instapost]
    gerry--CAE is a small cap simulator stock. In my former life, I visited the Montreal plant in 1992, while Dominion was building its SCADA system and the new EMS. They were in the forefront of that industry at that time. The company pays 1.82% yield + 18.1% 5yr dividend growth rate. The Tweed Factor is -.9. It is a cyclical stock with a long-term range of 4-14 and appears near the top of the range.
    Happy holidays to you and a prosperous new year!
    Dec 29, 2014. 03:39 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Raytheon Just Keeps Growing [View instapost]
    Smarty--It also lends itself to the portfolios of my grandchildren. It seems safe and should grow for the next 20 years.
    Dec 29, 2014. 03:22 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Church & Dwight: Is The Price Too High? [View instapost]
    Mathieu,

Yes. For a while now, I have felt that my style is not typical of publication articles. I need to write my articles the way I do for publication in my brother's newsletter and find the Instablog format makes that easier. If I get a new stock that I have not reviewed before, I will write it up in a published article. Thank you for being a loyal reader!
    Dec 29, 2014. 03:21 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Buy Vanguard Health Care ETF (VHT) 2015 Best Sector  [View instapost]
    Dividend Nut,

Thanks for reading. I advise my daughter and her husband on their investments as well as their children. At present diversification is critical in the current market. My grandchildren are saving for college, while my son-in-law is starting a retirement account. I have been writing Instablogs, recently on other sectors, including consumer cyclicals and industrials. I will also be writing on CHD soon since one of my granddaughters will be adding that to her portfolio in January.
    Dec 28, 2014. 09:10 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment